快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: How to pass variables down the VDJScript command

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

What I want to do is get the EQ settings and pass them to the EQ10 filter, because my 72 disables the EQs so that the on-board ones are used and I want to copy them to decks 3 and 4, and also just out of interest for understanding variables, and maybe experimenting with getting a sharper EQ.

I have tried all sorts of syntax and quote types:

set 'lo' `eq_low & param_multiply 100 & param_cast 'percentage'` & padfx "eq10" "get_var 'lo'"

padfx "eq10" `eq_low & param_multiply 100 & param_cast 'percentage'`

padfx "eq10" "eq_low & param_cast 'percentage'"

padfx "eq10" "param_cast eq_low 'percentage'"

set 'lo' 10% & padfx "eq10" "get_var 'lo'"

padfx "eq10" `param_cast "param_multiply eq_low 100" "percentage"`

I think eq_low returns a number from 0 to 1. I know eq10 wants 10 percentages - I'm just experimenting with the first. The button will be passing the deck number. Everything I've tried either sets EQ10 to 0% or turns it on without passing a value.

I was thinking then of doing something like (from a button on deck 1):

deck 3 padfx "eq10" eq_low eq_low eq_low eq_mid eq_mid eq_mid eq_mid eq_high eq_high eq_high

And if I really get my head round the variable manipulation, maybe even smoothing a little to match the 72 EQ curve, if nothing else as an exercise.

发表时间 Thu 29 Oct 20 @ 4:08 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
set 'lo' `eq_low` & get_var 'lo' & param_cast & effect_slider 'eq10' 1

I'm honestly not sure how it would cast to padfx , [haven't used the method for fx toggling, but I sense it might have problems] [just tried, it doesn't like it]

I don't fully get the case you want this for but you could do this on your eq_low mapping

eq_low & action_deck 1 ? deck 3 effect_slider 'eq10' 1 & deck 3 effect_slider 'eq10' 2 & deck 3 effect_slider 'eq10' 3 : deck 4 effect_slider 'eq10' 1 & deck 4 effect_slider 'eq10' 2 & deck 4 effect_slider 'eq10' 3

发表时间 Thu 29 Oct 20 @ 5:38 pm
Thank you very much this is really useful, and apologies for my poor use case description - made sense in my head. I am swapping deck 1 to 3, so want to copy the EQ over, which on deck 1 is in the Seventy Two mixer, and my eqs are faked. Thanks again

发表时间 Thu 29 Oct 20 @ 6:39 pm
techtitch wrote :
Thank you very much this is really useful, and apologies for my poor use case description - made sense in my head. I am swapping deck 1 to 3, so want to copy the EQ over, which on deck 1 is in the Seventy Two mixer, and my eqs are faked. Thanks again

Copy over software EQ when the mixer applies hardware EQ?

Maybe just not use software EQ at all, and do it all at the mixer?
Probably much better.. :)

But maybe I misunderstood why you also want to apply software EQ in addition to those on the mixer

发表时间 Thu 29 Oct 20 @ 7:38 pm
I don't want to take your time, I reckon I can hack about a bit more with locodog's help, and this is really just me hacking about for fun.

I have set VDJ's decks 3 and 4 to output on the 72's Sampler channel. This way I can swap_deck while a tune is playing, do some scratching, then swap_deck back, to mix the track out. I think it is an even nicer workflow than the S11's. (I check I have the levels up, as often when I've finished scratching I reflexively leave the crossfader closed. I disengage timecode so that I can swap a playing deck with a paused scratch vinyl. I have another button mapped to load a scratch track and go to a cue, and another to activate timecode and play once I've the scratch cued.)

action_deck 1 ? param_greater "get_volume 1" 0.8 ? nothing :  deck 1 timecode_active 1 off & swap_decks 1 3 :  param_greater "get_volume 2" 0.8 ? nothing : deck 2 timecode_active 2 off & swap_decks 2 4

To load a scratch in a click:

load "/Users/technicaltitch/Music/DJ/Scratch Matter/Scratch Pieces/Peabird__Battle Scratches_Original Mix.mp3" & goto_cue 1 & timecode_active on & play

The Sampler line that I am using to output decks 3 and 4 on has no EQs on the mixer, and the Seventy Two ONINIT runs `fake_eq on`, so the EQs on decks 3 and 4 have no effect. But the mixer's EQs are mirrored in the software, so I was just playing about with copying the EQ settings from the Seventy Two decks 1 and 2 into the EQ10 filter on decks 3 and 4.

My current issue is this works:

eq_low & param_cast 'percentage' & deck 3 effect_slider 'eq10' 1 & deck 3 effect_slider 'eq10' 2 & deck 3 effect_slider 'eq10' 3

but then when I append this for the mids, it just sets the eq10 faders to max regardless of the EQ setting:

...& eq_mid & param_cast 'percentage' & deck 3 effect_slider 'eq10' 4 & deck 3 effect_slider 'eq10' 5 & deck 3 effect_slider 'eq10' 6 & deck 3 effect_slider 'eq10' 7

But I can do more hacking about before I take more of your time, you're so generous with your responses.

发表时间 Thu 29 Oct 20 @ 8:21 pm
you might get better results if you pick up a 3 band eq vst, have that running on decks 3 & 4 and have the HW dials linked to the vst sliders, eq10 is giving you a chance to play about, but a vst would probably be better.

发表时间 Thu 29 Oct 20 @ 8:31 pm
Thanks locodog, I'll give that a try.

发表时间 Thu 29 Oct 20 @ 8:36 pm
After 18 odd years DJing with software that has completely blown my mind. I grabbed the SlickEq https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-vos-slickeq/ , corresponds well with my rotary sounding 72 EQs which are one of the main reasons I bought the mixer.

发表时间 Thu 29 Oct 20 @ 9:29 pm
techtitch wrote :
After 18 odd years DJing with software that has completely blown my mind....

glad to hear,actually makes me smile, you're getting that the "v" in vdj stands for; virtually any set up

I could probably share a trick or two about bouncing tracks to sub decks, even invisible decks.
Don't be shy with questions as you're poking about. I'm totally into the idea of "if it ain't broke, try and fix it until it is" way of experimenting.

发表时间 Thu 29 Oct 20 @ 10:00 pm
Strikes me that guitar players have simulators for a few dollars that simulate all the major guitars, amps and effect units, yet Serato and Traktor still insist they can't possibly support 3rd party filters because.. "CPU", as they have done for two decades of Moore's Law! Meanwhile VST developers are giving away filters that make theirs sound like school projects. This SlickEQ is so beautiful! There's a reason DJs are still buying rotaries and avoiding software..

Anyway, I'm running into the same problem with implicit parameters. I can set one VST parameter with:

eq_low & param_cast "percentage" & effect_slider 'TDR VOS SlickEQ' 1

In the below, I want to read eq_low, set the filter, read eq_mid, set the filter...but the `eq_mid` call gets the implicit parameter eq_low, so sets the eq_mid. The filter parameter 4 is then set to its maximum - I have no idea why:

eq_low & param_cast "percentage" & effect_slider 'TDR VOS SlickEQ' 1 & eq_mid & param_cast "percentage" & effect_slider 'TDR VOS SlickEQ' 4

So I figure get them in variables rather than implicit parameters. I can get the values ok with the below (I check with list_vars):

set 'lo' `eq_low & param_cast "percentage"` & set 'mid' `eq_mid & param_cast "percentage"` & set 'hi' `eq_high & param_cast "percentage"`

But if I then append either of these, they have no effect:

effect_slider 'TDR VOS SlickEQ' 1 "get_var 'lo'"

get_var 'lo' & effect_slider 'TDR VOS SlickEQ' 1

I think my issue is with dangling implicit variables. Is something in `effect_slider` picking up an implicit variable? Also, if I add `effect_active 'TDR VOS SlickEQ'` after this it also has no effect, even though it works fine on its own.

I would rather not just adjust the filter's parameters whenever the EQ knob is adjusted, because then when I've swapped a tune to deck 3 and start scratching on deck 1, any EQ adjustments will be copied to deck 3. Ideal I guess would be to attach the filter to deck 3's software EQ knobs, but as far as I'm aware I can't map the purely software EQ knobs, as there's no event run when they're adjusted. But obviously.. open to any and all suggestions, thanks!

发表时间 Fri 30 Oct 20 @ 12:47 pm
no need to cast, the HW slider value is implied after every script action
low
action_deck 1 ? eq_low & deck 3 effect_slider 'TDR VOS SlickEQ' 1 : eq_low & deck 4 effect_slider 'TDR VOS SlickEQ' 1
mid
action_deck 1 ? eq_mid & deck 3 effect_slider 'TDR VOS SlickEQ' 2 : eq_mid & deck 4 effect_slider 'TDR VOS SlickEQ' 2
high
action_deck 1 ? eq_high & deck 3 effect_slider 'TDR VOS SlickEQ' 3 : eq_high & deck 4 effect_slider 'TDR VOS SlickEQ' 3

发表时间 Fri 30 Oct 20 @ 2:41 pm
Thanks logodog. Not sure if it is unique to this VST, but it doesn't seem to have any effect without the cast. But my issue is setting all three EQs in one command, as this is triggered by a single button. If I run `eq_mid` after running `eq_low`, then rather than get the eq_mid value, it sets eq_mid to eq_low as an implicit parameter. Putting them in variables gets round this, I see the variables correctly set, but I can't then send the variable values to the VST.

发表时间 Fri 30 Oct 20 @ 3:04 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
was broken script ^^

发表时间 Fri 30 Oct 20 @ 3:16 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)