快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Point to new library on a mac, going from itunes to apple music

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hey guys...if anyone knows an easy solution for this I'd appreciate it. After years of using itunes as my main database location, I'm now forced out of it and into using Apple Music. I've gone ahead and transferred my entire library from the itunes file to an apple music file. At this point I'm guessing I need to tell VDJ where my new database is? My only concern is that I don't want to lose my metadata like playlists and number of times songs have been played. Easy solutions? My other option is just to keep the original itunes file where it is and intact, but open a new Apple Music file and use that as just another drive I can scan and pull new music from (since you can't access itunes in Catalina OS).

发表时间 Wed 28 Oct 20 @ 12:18 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you are using macOS 10.15 VirtualDJ will automatically use the information from the Apple Music app instead of the iTunes database, so you don't really need to do anything.

发表时间 Wed 28 Oct 20 @ 12:24 pm
Hi guys, same problem here.
I'm on macOS 10.15.7 Catalina, and VDJ is not connecting with the Apple Music.app (former iTunes).

On VDJ browser, bellow the "Local Music" folder, the blue icon of the folder (with a white apple inside) is there; the "plus" sign at the left of the folder icon is there but I can't expand it.

I already uninstall, delete all the information and reinstall VDJ but, nothing changed.

What I expect to happen:
- I expect to see (and access, of course) all my Music.app playlists/songs an videos showed in the VDJ browser;

I have seen several suggestions of possible solutions around here but, all of them regarding to iTunes (not to Music.app). This is important to mention because the "new way" that Music.app works is quite different of iTunes, including the format/extension of the library and how the app works regarding "xml" file.

What have I done until now:

- Set Music.app library folder: /Users/*MY USER*/Music/iTunes/

- Set Music.app library file: iTunes Music Library (the extension is hidden by the OS).

- Set Music.app XML file: iTunes Music Library.xml

note 1: As Music.app does not have the option "Share iTunes Library XML with other applications" anymore, I had to generate the XML file by the path: File/Library/Export Library/
I did this, because apparently VDJ needs an "xml" file to perform the connection, right?

note 2: I got those file name format by another case solution a saw around here (but regarding to iTunes, not to Music.app)

And this is all I have tried until now.
Anyone have any other ideas to help me?

Many thanks!

发表时间 Thu 29 Apr 21 @ 2:51 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)