快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Please Help Older Version Confirmation

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi Virtual DJ Community, I have a problem and I'm really worried. I've used Virtual DJ Version 7 for many years and its helped me battle through depression and the after shock of suicide in my family. I recently updated my MAC to catalina and Virtual DJ Version 7 home has ceased working on my laptop. I need Version 7.

I would like confirmation if I was to buy VDJ2020 specifically the INFINITY PRO LICENSE right now, will i have access to Version 7? Or if there is any way to acquire VIRTUAL DJ 7 currently??

Thank you for you time and any guidance will be much appreciated as it's very important to me.

发表时间 Wed 06 May 20 @ 10:01 pm
Firstly sorry to hear you're going through some challenging times at the moment.

Second, Virtual DJ 7 is no longer available or even supported. It hasn't had an update for over 5 years.
It's strongly recommended to update to VDJ 2020.

Buying a pro infinity license will give you access to the current release and all future updates.

发表时间 Wed 06 May 20 @ 10:12 pm
oh wow, thank you for you response. thats too bad as I don't think my work flow can adjust to Version 8 the way it processes highs and lows as well as the KEY feature is completely different.
was the best fun while it lasted. unbearable and very sad it changed so drastically for my abilities.
Thank you.

发表时间 Wed 06 May 20 @ 10:19 pm
Not really sure what had changed.

发表时间 Wed 06 May 20 @ 11:30 pm
I mean sure, you use virtual DJ. . . .Ya man well like i said, I know I CAN hear the difference in the highs and lows as well the KEY feature "CHANGED" bro. if you DIDN'T use 7 you wouldn't know. Thanks for your first message.

发表时间 Wed 06 May 20 @ 11:43 pm
I've been with virtual for many years and have used versions well before 7.

You're saying things have changed but not being any more descriptive.
Things have changed from a software that was last updated 5+ years ago.

The chances are its probably a setting you can change to bring things back to how you like them. But with no more information its impossible to advise.

发表时间 Thu 07 May 20 @ 12:06 am

hmm i understand, I'll try and explain more. When I am mixing, and I lower the highs and lows on one track and then raise them on the other the way the two audio tracks work together they don't seem to have the same relationship anymore. To much of the MID frequency is gone. The frequencies the HIGH MID and LOW, it sounds as if the MID frequency and what it effects has been changed. Also the Key Feature was far more basic before, when switching keys now i find either some keys are missing. Possible I'm not aware of all the settings for the KEY features or I dont understand how it functions completely. I don't believe these are settings that can be changed though would be glad to be proven wrong please, I appreciate the attempt and I completely believe things have changed in the last 5 years. Sorry I'm not able to do any better at explaining. Those are the only changes I have problems with in VIRTUAL DJ 8 though and I understand if thats just how it is.

发表时间 Thu 07 May 20 @ 12:23 am
Dan (djtouchdan) wrote :
I've been with virtual for many years and have used versions well before 7.

You're saying things have changed but not being any more descriptive.
Things have changed from a software that was last updated 5+ years ago.

The chances are its probably a setting you can change to bring things back to how you like them. But with no more information its impossible to advise.

I can tell you one thing that has changed, and that is automix. In VDJ7 never any problems. In VDJ8 cue points get disrupted about 10 percent of the time. Seems to be something with the bpm. If you notice the wrong cue point on the waiting track you can go into the BPM of that track or even the one playing and click the X2 or -2 and it will fix the cue point. Not a big deal but just enough to be annoying when using automix.

发表时间 Thu 07 May 20 @ 1:14 pm
turantula wrote :

To much of the MID frequency is gone.

You do know that the frequencies used by each EQ knob can be changed? This was also possible in VDJ 7.

EQ can also be switched between full kill and normal.

The key detection in VDJ 8 is better than it was in 7 (which analysed most tracks as minor). There are no keys missing.

发表时间 Thu 07 May 20 @ 4:25 pm
turantula wrote :
oh wow, thank you for you response. thats too bad as I don't think my work flow can adjust to Version 8 the way it processes highs and lows as well as the KEY feature is completely different.
was the best fun while it lasted. unbearable and very sad it changed so drastically for my abilities.
Thank you.

It's difficult to get support when you are using a pirated version of vdj.

发表时间 Sat 09 May 20 @ 1:17 pm
Thank you all for your comments, I am aware of some of solutions mentioned either way it was worth a saying.

*I did have Full Kill Active Thank you, still working with it. And thanks for messaging about the KEYS as well groovin

*good to know fallguy, many small details to get use to

**not pirated Burnya, the version run is legal. From the Website. Including the VD7 just hadn't updated. I'm currently on VDJ8 home

>spoke to staff through Email and were very helpful.

发表时间 Sun 10 May 20 @ 12:15 am
I'm kinda in the same boat. I have been using Virtual DJ for about 15 years. I've used version 7 since the first upgrade and have been content. I do Karaoke and Videos and use a certain skin (V - Mix 5.3 Single Instance 1280 x 960) that won't work with any of the newer versions. I'm 73 years old and happy with it. The newer versions stress me out. Don't use very many samples, loops, etc. Now that I have to upgrade my laptops, I feel lost. Haven't had a gig since last March due to the Covid. But getting ready to start back up again.
I kept the last download of the program, and it will load, but I get a warning that it may hurt my computer if I do it. Don't know about that. Can I continue to use it?

发表时间 Sun 14 Feb 21 @ 7:24 pm
The warning you see is probably because your last download is of an old old version that has a digital certificate (security measure) that has since expired. Just ignore that and install and use ;-)
It will not damage your computer ...

And it will work fine...

发表时间 Sun 14 Feb 21 @ 7:27 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)