快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Setting up a booth mic?
So was looking at my Audio options in vdj 2020 and apparently I can't set a Mic to booth? Meaning I'm unable to have my voice muted in my ears but heard by those listening to my broadcast? Anyone know how I would go about fixing this? Thank you. (I'm almost exclusively an internet dj) I've googled with little success all images, help were for older versions of VDJ. And the options just don't seem to be in the audio settings as they used to.

发表时间 Tue 14 Apr 20 @ 4:45 pm
Why would you want your voice muted?

Surely if you're broadcasting and using the mic, you need to hear yourself in order to:

Hear what you're saying
Balance your voice against the music

发表时间 Tue 14 Apr 20 @ 4:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Depends on the Mic input. If it's a software one (so is your Booth Output), you have the setting boothMicrophone to set to Yes/No to hear or not the Mic in Booth.

发表时间 Tue 14 Apr 20 @ 5:08 pm
groovindj wrote :
Why would you want your voice muted?

Surely if you're broadcasting and using the mic, you need to hear yourself in order to:

Hear what you're saying
Balance your voice against the music

Hey there, it's simple there is a delay. I am heard over my music, problem is when my voice is delayed and I hear myself even .5 seconds delayed it messes with your equilibrium.

发表时间 Wed 07 Jun 23 @ 7:45 am
djdad wrote :
Depends on the Mic input. If it's a software one (so is your Booth Output), you have the setting boothMicrophone to set to Yes/No to hear or not the Mic in Booth.

Mic input is directly into the computer not into the deck. USB is not compatible with the DDJ 1000 obviously. Saw that VDJ used to have the option to set mics to booth mic but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

发表时间 Wed 07 Jun 23 @ 7:47 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Since you dont want to hear Mic to your speakers near you, but still want it to the Master Output (for audience or broadcasting), I would try ...

VDJ Audio Setup..
Master -> DDJ-1000 --> Chans 1,2
Headphones -> DDJ-1000 -> Chans 3,4
Booth -> Some other sound card (e.g. your computer's built in) --> Chans 1,2
Mic -> Your USB Mic sound device

Connections
Booth speakers (near you) connected to the sound card you used in Audio setup for Booth output
No speakers (if near you) connected to the Master Output of DDJ-1000 (case you broadcast)

In VDJ boothMicrophone setting to No.

In this case, VDJ will record your Master + Mic, but Mic will not be heard from the speakers connected to the Booth sound card.

An alternative would be to use the Mic input of the DDJ-1000, so connect a regular Mic, not a USB one.
In this case, simply replace the Mic line of the previous Audio setup, with the default "record" line of the DDJ-1000 Audio setup https://www.virtualdj.com/img/283955/35442/DDJ-1000SS_New(Crop).png
and have all the others as above.

发表时间 Wed 07 Jun 23 @ 9:11 am