快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Save HOT CUE, BEATGRID, BPM INFO to files ?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
This is possible ?

This could be an amazing feature to avoid losing your database and manage your music.

发表时间 Wed 01 Apr 20 @ 6:59 am
Sorry to sound obvious here but just keep a backup copy of your DB.

I've had the same one since 2008 and never lost it yet.

发表时间 Wed 01 Apr 20 @ 7:30 am
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003

发表时间 Wed 01 Apr 20 @ 4:32 pm
yes, i known that the database can be backuped, i backup frequently, but im talking about saving that data to the audio files directly, not depending on the xml file.

sorry for the misunderstod.

发表时间 Wed 01 Apr 20 @ 5:28 pm
It's not possible as the mp3 container can only save specific tags. The VDJ database info is non compatible.

发表时间 Wed 01 Apr 20 @ 6:45 pm
that's incorrect MP3 can have all kinds of tags ....

Serato saves beat grids and cue etc in the tags and any other program could do the same if someone decided they wanted to do it that way.

Traktor does the same.

I am positive the creative minds behind Virtual DJ could do something similar if they decided it was the best way or the way they want to handle it etc.

发表时间 Wed 01 Apr 20 @ 8:46 pm
1000% support this, but I think the standardization of this across all platforms is key, unlikely though as some of the bigger players make this challenging (i.e. Rekordbox storing this info in their DB which can only be updated through their sluggish xml import process..). I would love to see a group form that can help standardize this and propose a universal standard.

发表时间 Thu 02 Apr 20 @ 4:27 pm
great to see i'm not the only one thinking about this.

this feature could be a game changer for everyone.

发表时间 Thu 02 Apr 20 @ 5:38 pm
It has been discussed several times and it's highly unlikely to happen.
There are many reasons for this decision, but three main reasons are:
1) A "database" is some thousand times faster to get data instead of reading the tags of the files.
2) Each time you modify something (e.g. adding a new hotcue) your tag data would have to get updated which means hundreds of write operations either on the fly, or when the program exits.
3) Except MP3 files there are other file formats as well supported by VirtualDJ, that don't have/offer the same flexibility as mp3 on their tags.

Each of these 3 reasons can be divided down to many more to show how performance, stability and reliability can be downgraded, but that's out of the point.

发表时间 Fri 03 Apr 20 @ 11:07 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)