快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: FX presets

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Calling FX, pros; super quick and easy. cons setting the dials/buttons right takes vital seconds
Calling FX with script, pros; quick and everything is exactly as you wish. cons; script isn't easy and you only have a limited amount of buttons.

What if you could could have all the pros and none of the cons?
Call an fx super quick with the dials exactly as you wish.

The idea is, this plugin you download and make 10 copies of it, [maybe more]
in practice time you take an fx you like, put it on slot 1 and find some nice settings, this new plugin when you press "SAVE", saves whatever is in slot 1, the fx name, all dials, all buttons, everything.
you then find this plugin in the plugins folder and rename the .dll and the .ini to a name that makes sense.
so stuff like echoShort.dll + echoShort.ini, echoLong.dll + echoLong.ini etc

Then in show time you select "echoShort" to a slot like any other fx, when you turn this on it calls all the presets, turns the fx on and populates the slot where "echoShort" was with the fx you want.

In truth this is a throwback to when all vdj fx were .dll files , when we could copy+rename and a bit of 0xHax. but native fx killed that, until now.

发表时间 Fri 06 Mar 20 @ 8:12 pm
So I was talking to phantomDJ and I've made some changes to what he thinks would be useful, more about that project another time, but in conversation something I've been thinking about for a while came up.

An fx were you can sort of make it yourself
as proof of concept, I made my effect control the native cut fx but I made dial 1 beats [because despite strength being the default for slider 1 in vdj fx, for me beats is the pertinent feature of the fx]

And the thing is it was all 'programmed' by vdj script, reasonably short script at that,
this is a basic example but there's bound to be ideas

get_text "effect_slider 'diy' 1 & param_cast 'float' & effect_slider 'cut' 2" & param_cast 'text' & effect_string 'diy' 1 & get_text "get_effect_slider_text 'cut' 2" & param_cast 'text' & effect_string 'diy' 2 & get_text "effect_active 'cut' on" & param_cast 'text' & effect_string 'diy' 7 & get_text "effect_active 'cut' off" & param_cast 'text' & effect_string 'diy' 8

发表时间 Tue 10 Mar 20 @ 11:51 pm
Any pc users want to try? I'll do the donkey work writing the .ini
I developed the idea a little now it is 3 dial 3 button so it matches 90% of the controllers out there [thinking about a 4th dial... but probably not]
think of it like pad banks, with a bit of colorfx, with the simplicity of calling an effect to a slot.
It's got the full vdj freedom of whatever you want, but it also has a reassuring simplicity.

It's made me look at fx a bit differently.
nico you're already on the list so check your msgs

发表时间 Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 8:18 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Well some kind of Custom Buttons/Slider remapper/Script sequencer
Really usefull in a way to control multiple effects at once as well as to remap VST parameters to real sliders instead of buttons
simple to use, needs some good knowledge in VDJ Script though

发表时间 Thu 12 Mar 20 @ 4:58 am
As I suspected, you totally get it, yeah you need a fair idea with script but I'll be be spoon feeding a few simple 3 effects kinda set ups.
but its a little easier for users that can't c++, maybe some folk will get it.

发表时间 Thu 12 Mar 20 @ 6:11 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)