快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Moving database xml files from external drive to internal drive (Transfer cue points)

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I would like to add my external drive music files to my internal SSD drive and also keep my cue points etc. When I move the database xml files (replace the one in virtual dj), the cue points are visible but I end up losing the original cue points of songs I already had on the drive. How can I make sure I have cue points for both without losing the other, prior music plus the ones I’m about to add from the external drive? Note: after transferring all content to my computer (desktop) my external drive dropped and I can’t read from it – so I am using the xml file in the folder and it (cue points) worked when moved to virtual dj .

发表时间 Mon 05 Nov 18 @ 3:40 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Normally you would use VDJ to move the files and then it would take care of the database for you (and, therefore, the cue points).

If the original drive isn’t readable, I’m not sure of a way to fix this within VDJ. You could, one by one, find the missing files but I suspect that would be very painful.

Is there another external drive you can borrow? You would give it the same drive letter, move the files and database file to it, then use VDJ to move those files to your internal drive. This assumes Windows - not sure about Mac although I suspect instructions would be similar.

发表时间 Mon 05 Nov 18 @ 5:18 pm
You would need to merge the two databases using an editor like psPad. For the files that used to be on the external drive, you would need to batch change the file location to reflect the internal drive.

There's no easy or automatic way to achieve this.

发表时间 Mon 05 Nov 18 @ 5:20 pm
Thank you guys and i appreciate the advise and i am using a mac book for the record. If I could find a way to merge the files into the internal drive would be best but i have no clue how to do so. I tried copying the data to another external drive already but the xml files gave the same response even when added to the internal drive. At the moment in order to use cue points from the external drive content, I have to copy and replace databse xml in VDJ and in the process lose other cuepoints for majority of content already in the drive. Choosing to use music in the drive and not external drive music is the reverse (copy and replace the xml file and loose external drive cuepoints). i also tried having 2 database xml files and that wouldnt work. If there is anyone that can help create a path to merge the tow it would be a life saver. At the moment it looks like it is going to be a painful process to recue all the music :( . I dont have a clue on the Ps pad process but i am willing to try anything that is not as intensive as far as time.

发表时间 Mon 05 Nov 18 @ 5:58 pm
Looks like there is really no other way of doing this. I have decided to go a head and do the painful process of recueing all the songs from the external drive, sucks but I have no choice. Thanks for the suggestions gents.

发表时间 Tue 06 Nov 18 @ 5:38 pm
Looks like there is really no other way of doing this. I have decided to go a head and do the painful process of recueing all the songs from the external drive, sucks but I have no choice. Thanks for the suggestions gents.

发表时间 Tue 06 Nov 18 @ 5:38 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Sorry to hear that. I strongly suggest you take backups before you start and once done. And then regularly after that.

发表时间 Tue 06 Nov 18 @ 11:34 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You could copy the files from within vdj to copy the cue points

发表时间 Wed 07 Nov 18 @ 4:01 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)