快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Random Crashes and lost connection to NS6 controller

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I have experienced this issue only when at a venue away from home and not when practicing. I have a macbook pro 13" with 8GB memory with a Numark NS6 controller. I took my mac book to apple and did a re-installation of OS - EL Capitan because I had high kernel task usage, but unfortunately the problem still occured the other day mid gig. I would hear a crackling noise almost starts like the sound from an old vinyl through my earphones that would gradually get louder and in a couple of seconds sounds like a sizzle and the music just stops. I can almost always know when its coming as I can hear it gradually build. My computer does not shut down but I lose connection btw VDJ and NS6. At that point I always have to restart and try again when at times it will hold for the rest of the night or it would crash again. I have 2 usb ports that I use for the controller and the other for an external drive with videos. i also have a HDMI adapter running from the laptop to an HDMI splitter connected to multiple TV's. Am I overloading my USBs? Or is it my operating system or my controller has an electrical fault (or just needs to be replaced)...or maybe the power sources that I use is an issue? Please help coz the next gig makes me nervous. thank you all!

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 18 @ 2:32 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Open VDJ Settings->OPTIONS tab and search for the latency setting. You can try to increase the value (e.g. from 256 or automatic to 512 or 1024) and see if that helps.
From what you wrote (crackles in sound), it sounds like the known result of poor computer performance or not-optimized computer
If increasing latency helps, but for some reason (e.g. scratching) you wish to keep latency lower, you can try to optimize your computer for best performance.. http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Mac%20Optimize.html

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 18 @ 2:54 pm
I will try these options soon as I am able and get back to you on my finding. Thank you for the directions and i will give feedback asap, thanks.

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 18 @ 3:13 pm
Hello, so i decided to do an upgrade and got an SSD drive. i have noticed a difference and haven't had any crashes yet. The computer seems much smoother and haven't had any glitches yet. I will keep you posted if anything but so far this has been a positive move to help eliminate my issues.

发表时间 Mon 05 Nov 18 @ 3:46 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)