快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Lost Cue Points and Tens of Thousands of Tracks lost tags etc.- Help

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

karz10PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hey all, so last week my laptop lost power in the beginning of a gig after already connected to mixer, external hard drive and running VDJ. After getting power back and rebooting, certain things acted funny but I got through the gig. So today, I wanted to do some maintenance and trouble shooting on my two machines and a couple different mixers.

I hooked up my mixer and HD to my backup computer and it said my database was corrupt on my external, which I ignored because I hadn't used this computer in awhile and as far as I knew the HD was fine on my main computer. So I hook everything up to my main computer and got the same message. I had fixed a corrupt database before with no issue, and since I had that weird thing happen last week with my laptop losing power, I figured it had something to do with that and was a minor issue, so I clicked fix it now while on my main computer.

Once VDJ starts up I load some familiar tracks from history to just test some settings on my mixer, and I notice my cue points are missing, I check a bunch more files and many are missing cue points and it's 'reading tags' for tracks I already have.

Keep in mind, a month or so ago I reindexed my entire drive (all 3TB or so of a 4TB drive, lots of videos and audio etc), and so I recursed my entire drive and made sure EVERYTHING was analyzed.

Now, after this database fix, over 80,000 tracks and counting (turned it off before it stopped counting) have to have tags read again, so something major went wrong.

How can I fix this without starting over reindexing and analyzing everything?

Thanks.

发表时间 Sat 02 Jun 18 @ 2:12 am
Ok it's worse than I thought. Out of 187,000 tracks, like 90% of them are showing up as first seen today, so play counts, first seen, last played, time of track, bpm, all that is gone for damn near all my tracks, this is crazy.

发表时间 Sat 02 Jun 18 @ 3:00 am
So I was trying to see if I could figure out what was wrong with the old database from the external drive but so far can't get it to open anywhere, a couple programs like a free XML Editor I found on CNET or just using Excel to open as read only, or as an XML Table, the errors so far are pointing to the same thing, and issue with line 7 position 3

发表时间 Sat 02 Jun 18 @ 3:51 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Get notepad++, 'tis free and you can get xml plugins for it.

发表时间 Sat 02 Jun 18 @ 3:55 am
locodog wrote :
Get notepad++, 'tis free and you can get xml plugins for it.

I tried to do that, and it said it was too large at first. The file is 174,501kb

Due to your suggestion, I tried to open it in NotePad again so I could screen shot the error msg I received, like I did for the other programs. This time it opened, but there's not a lot of info inside, not sure what's going on, this is all that it said in NotePad, note that the second song listed is a video for Whistle, which caused errors seen in the other screenshots.

<Song FilePath="F:\Club Music\Karz\K-Temp\Driicky Graham - Snap Back and Tattoos [Deejay Al Transition 128 - 70BPM] [Clean].mp3" FileSize="7233156">
<Tags Author="Driicky Graham" Title="Snap Back and Tattoos [Deejay Al Transition 128 - 70BPM] [Clean]" Genre="Transition" Album="BPMsupreme.com" Composer="www.bpmsupreme.com" Label="www.bpmsupreme.com" Remix="www.bpmsupreme.com" Grouping="www.bpmsupreme.com" Year="2000" Bpm="0.857143" Key="Ebm" Flag="1" />
<Infos FirstSeen="1527479863" Cover="1" />
<Comment>www.bpmsupreme.com</Comment>
</Song>
<Song FilePath="F:\Club Music\Videos\- New Videos\New Top 40 Videos\Whistle (Single).mp4" Flag="16">
<Tags Remix="Single" Flag="2" />
<Infos FirstSeen="1527479896" />
</Song>
<Song FilePath="F:\Club Music\Videos\- New Videos\Make It Clap (Intro Clean).mp4" Flag="16">
<Tags Author="DoZay" Title="Make It Clap (Intro Clean)" Remix="Intro Clean" Flag="2" />
<Infos FirstSeen="1527479863" />
</Song>
<Song FilePath="F:\Club Music\Karz\K-Temp\Kelly Rowland - Kisses Down Low (Remix) (Main).mp3" FileSize="9873243" Flag="16">
<Tags Remix="Main" Flag="2" />
<Infos FirstSeen="1527479877" />
</Song>
<Song FilePath="F:\Club Music\Videos\- New Videos\V.I.C - Wobble Baby (Intro Clean).mp4" Flag="16">
<Tags Author="V.I.C" Title="Wobble Baby (Intro Clean)" Remix="Intro Clean" Flag="2" />
<Infos FirstSeen="1527479881" />
</Song>
<Song FilePath="F:\Club Music\New Music\NEW HIP HOP - RnB\Omarion ft Chris Brown &amp; Jhene Aiko - Post To Be (Intro Clean).mp3" FileSize="10350100" Flag="16">
<Tags Author="Omarion ft Chris Brown &amp; Jhene Aiko" Title="Post To Be (Intro Clean)" Remix="www.bpmsupreme.com" Flag="2" />
<Infos FirstSeen="1527374973" />
</Song>
<Song FilePath="F:\Club Music\BIMA\Reggae\-T REGGAE FILES-\Reggae Artist\Raggae Mix\1 Audio Track.aiff" FileSize="15745187">
<Tags Flag="2" />
<Infos FirstSeen="1527898321" />
</Song>
<Song FilePath="F:\Club Music\New Music\NEW HIP HOP - RnB\Silento - Watch Me (Intro Clean).mp3" Flag="16">
<Tags Remix="Intro Clean" Flag="2" />
<Infos FirstSeen="1527479890" />
</Song>
<Song FilePath="F:\Club Music\Videos\Club Music\I Wanna Dance With Somebody (CLEAN) - Whitney Houston - 119 -.mp4" FileSize="124247103" Flag="64">
<Tags Author="Whitney Houston" Title="I Wanna Dance With Somebody (CLEAN)" TrackNumber="0" Bpm="0.504202" Flag="1" />
<Infos SongLength="314.914600" FirstSeen="1527898173" Bitrate="3156" Cover="2" />
<Comment>2008-02-12 02:46:34</Comment>
</Song>
<Song FilePath="F:\Club Music\Videos\Club Music\Fabolous ft Nate Dogg - Cant Deny It [Single] {TnS} - Clean.mp4" FileSize="125946133" Flag="64">
<Tags Author="Fabolous ft Nate Dogg" Title="Cant Deny It [Single] {TnS} - Clean" Album="Ghetto Fabolous" Composer="Single" Remix="Single" TrackNumber="0" Grouping="Clean" Year="2001" Bpm="0.666667" Flag="1" />
<Infos SongLength="303.205000" FirstSeen="1527898175" Bitrate="3323" Cover="1" />
</Song>
<Song FilePath="F:\Club Music\Videos\- Karz Videos\K - Hip Hop Videos\K - Hip Hop Videos Old School Clean\Young MC - Bust A Move.vob" FileSize="180744192" Flag="64">
<Tags Flag="2" />
<Infos FirstSeen="1527898172" />
</Song>
</VirtualDJ_Database>

发表时间 Sat 02 Jun 18 @ 4:04 am
What does all that mean? Can I fix this somehow? I hate not being able to sort folders by first seen and it be accurate, not to mention losing all my cue points and other problems.

发表时间 Sat 02 Jun 18 @ 4:05 am
So I tried saving a copy of the 'corrupt' database file and renamed it 'database' and replaced it where the core external database file goes for VDJ, but despite it being 174M in size, compared to 72M from the 'fixed' database that's missing all the data, when I tried to start VDJ, it asked me if I wanted to 'fix' the 'old' database that had been renamed, which I said no to, but then once it opened, I had the same result as the 'fixed' database, all my files pretty much were not tagged, or known to exist prior to turning on VDJ, so I still don't have my cue points, or accurate date added info, or tags, or anything else, so I'd really appreciate any thoughts on how I can fix this.

发表时间 Sat 02 Jun 18 @ 4:19 am
It seems that your database got corrupted somehow (e.g. external hard disk was disconnected before the OS finish writing data to it)
There's no "easy" solution for your case unfortunately.

I would suggest you to use Notepad++ (not Windows Notepad) to open the database and try to see if you can fix (or remove) the corrupted entry(ies)
I have done this task in the past for a database of 50K files and it took me almost 2 days to remove about 50 corrupted entries...

发表时间 Sat 02 Jun 18 @ 9:07 am
Well, until I figure out what happened to the database, I did the next best thing, I got the database from my backup drive which was about 3 months old it seems, and after saving all other versions of good and bad databases, copied the one from the backup drive onto the primary drive, keeping the history and playlists of the primary drive, and only lost around 3 months or so of newly added songs and hot cues.

So then, I sorted by first seen, and other variables to find tracks that looked like they needed to be analyzed, and analyzed anything that didn't have full time or bpm info, added all available tracks to the 'new' database by recursing the main folder, and then went back into my history and playlists folders to relocate lost or missing files (coz in addition to adding new music, I've moved a lot of tracks over the last few months reorganizing).

Now all seems to be up to date except for a decent sized block of tracks appear to be newer to the database than they should have been, and I lost a few hot cues of newer tracks, but that's better than the mess I had.

发表时间 Tue 05 Jun 18 @ 4:54 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)