快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Script School - Page: 29
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
locodog wrote :
& param_add -1

go to the first page of this thread, there's a link to a whole part on param_ manipulations.

If I understand what you are saying correctly I have modified my script to read

<visual source="get_beat_counter & param_add -1" type="circle">

however that doesn't appear to work, the result is a blank circle (i also copied that expression to a text zone action with the same result (blank), i'm not sure but is it because I am using 'get_beat_counter' rather then 'get var ....' that the script isn't performing the correct math.
I did read other pages of this thread to try & work it out but the scripts quoted were so long I am having trouble isolating the correct syntax for just adding 1 to a 'get' value,

发表时间 Fri 14 Oct 22 @ 3:45 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
oh right it's not direct number, more 0.0-1.0 represented
the minus sign was a purposeful error for you to figure out how to subtract with param_add

you want to add 1/32 or whatever your counter ceiling is, bear in mind when the counter hits the ceiling [actual without manipulation] you need to wrap round to zero

发表时间 Fri 14 Oct 22 @ 4:17 pm
Hi
I've tried various things using your instructions (now on page 2 lol) and discovered that in a textzone I can create an action
action ="param_multiply get_beat_counter 16 & param_add 2" that will do what I want, when get_beat_counter is saying 1, the result is 2 etc up to 16=17.
However that won't work in a source= command, but I'm assuming now that the 'source' is expecting a value from 0-1, I will scratch my head to see how I can nudge it up by a factor so it 'appears' to be 1 ahead.

发表时间 Fri 14 Oct 22 @ 4:24 pm
Hi
What I have been trying to do is change the beat circle, trying to adjust how the circle fills as the beat progresses cause I would prefer beat 1 to have 1/16 of the circle filled & beat 16 to be a full circle, so I have changed the visual to
"get_beat_counter & param_add 0.06249" (0.625 is 1/16 & I want 16 to be full not off)
It appears to work just wandered if anyone had a scenario that could mess this up.

I will test it & see how it goes & thanks for the help so far LOCODOG.
Thanks again

发表时间 Fri 14 Oct 22 @ 4:38 pm
mg_1978PRO InfinityMember since 2008
hi! with this script:

button: virtualfolder_add ‘sampler/pippo’

i can add sample focused in browser window “songs” in sampler bank named “pippo”; but if i would add sample not in soecific sampler bank (not only “pippo”), but in sampler bank selected at this time

button: virtualfolder_add ‘sampler/‘get_sampler_bank’ ‘

but doesn’t work :(
can you help me?
thanks

发表时间 Sat 15 Oct 22 @ 5:46 am
build a string variable and cast it to the folder add

发表时间 Sat 15 Oct 22 @ 6:06 am
locodog wrote :
build a string variable and cast it to the folder add

thanks, like
- get_text "`get_status`" & param_contains 'get_sampler_bank'
- virtualfolder_add ‘sampler/‘get_status’ ‘

is correct?

发表时间 Sat 15 Oct 22 @ 6:12 am
no, I have no idea how you think that will work, why you think status or contains has anything to do with this I don't know.

build a string variable
set temp `param_add 'get_sampler_bank' 'get_text "sampler/"'`

cast to the folder add
get_var temp & param_cast & virtualfolder_add

发表时间 Sat 15 Oct 22 @ 8:05 am
@Locodog: it works!! thanks a lot....script sampler_add there isn't (like playlist_add or sidelist_add), but now with your help i can add samples in sampler_bank with a mapped button

发表时间 Sat 15 Oct 22 @ 1:44 pm
sofitLE userMember since 2008
Hello. I apologize for the google translate. I'm interested in programming the brightness and blinking of single color pads. 1 Is it possible to make a dimmed brightness pad? 2 Is it possible to make the pad shine brightly when you press a one-color pad, and when you press the pad again, turn it off or make it dim in brightness? 3 Is it possible to make a one-color pad blink? action? blink 800ms? color 'color?' :color 'noncolor?' What colors can I use to make the pad blink with this script? I tried with different colors, the pad does not blink, or it shines constantly. 4 Is it possible to make a single color pad react to a slicer? slicer 1? color 'color?' :color 'noncolor?' or slicer 1 ? color 'color?' : color 'dimmed brightness?'. Again, what colors to use in these commands for one-color pads. Or is everything wrong and you need to use other commands to control the brightness and turn on the backlight of one-color pads? One-color pads are in inexpensive controllers, of which there are a huge number. Therefore, I want to figure it out and make the work on single-color pads more diverse. Thanks for answers.

发表时间 Sun 16 Oct 22 @ 8:22 pm
color 0.66
blink 500ms

发表时间 Sun 16 Oct 22 @ 8:35 pm
sofitLE userMember since 2008
Hi Locodog. Thanks for the answer. But the backlight still does not work, as I want. Can you elaborate on the following questions. 1 When you press the pad, the pad flashes, when you press the pad again, the pad shines dimly? action? Blink 500ms Color shine bright : color 0.66. 2 On a certain action, the pad shows a beat on through the slicer, brightly illuminated, and then dimly glows until the next beat for that slicer's pad? action? Slicer 1? Color shines brightly : color 0.66. 3 When you press the pad, the pad shines brightly, when you press the pad a second time, the pad shines dimly: Action ? Color shines brightly : color 0.66. I can not. The pad lights up when the slicer is just running with no action conditions in front of it. And when pressed again, the pad with a slicer does not go out until the pad with another slicer is pressed. The rest of the pads, with an action condition, do not blink or glow on controllers with single-color pads. On controllers with rgb everything works. How so? Or pads of one color do not have a dull color and can only turn on brightly and turn off? Checked on pioneer sb3 (single color) and numark ns6II (rgb). Maybe there are options to make the pads glow the way I want? Thanks for answers.

发表时间 Mon 17 Oct 22 @ 9:25 am
locodog wrote :
the minus sign was a purposeful error for you to figure out how to subtract with param_add

Hi Locodog, I clocked the '-1' & tried it both with & without the minus sign in case I didn't appreciate the value we were manipulating, then afterwards wondered if that was how you now subtracted, since your original post had explanations for subtract & divide that are way beyond my understanding of math.

Can similar now be done for 'divide' operations, i.e 'param_multiply 0.5' = divide/2 etc ?
I will try to write something to check this out myself but thought I'd ask.

Thanks anyway

发表时间 Mon 17 Oct 22 @ 11:42 am
@djkrysr yep * 0.5 is how to / 2
param_1_x also comes in handy

发表时间 Mon 17 Oct 22 @ 12:43 pm
locodog wrote :
@djkrysr yep * 0.5 is how to / 2
param_1_x also comes in handy

Excellent thanks for that info will be a massive help.

发表时间 Mon 17 Oct 22 @ 12:47 pm
hi, i have this problem: my sidelist is made by samples, but if i map a button: sampler_edit
i don’t open sampler editor about sample focused in sidelist..i open sampler editor about first sample in the selected sampler_bank
I would like to solve with this mapping:
button: set ‘edit’ `get_filepath` & set ‘samplename’ `get_browsed_title’ & get_var ‘edit’ & param_cast & browser_gotofolder & browser_window ‘songs’ & browser_scroll ‘top’ & repeat_start ‘go’ & get_browsed_title & param_equal ‘samplename’ ? sampler_edit & repeat_stop ‘go’ : browser_scroll + 1

but don’t work :( csn you help me?

发表时间 Wed 19 Oct 22 @ 10:33 pm
param_equal there is checking against the literal string 'samplename', it needs backticks and get_var
there is almost nothing [only 1 case I can think of] you can actually do with a var by just name alone

发表时间 Wed 19 Oct 22 @ 10:49 pm
locodog wrote :
param_equal there is checking against the literal string 'samplename', it needs backticks and get_var
there is almost nothing [only 1 case I can think of] you can actually do with a var by just name alone

could i convert ‘samplename’ and get_browsed_title in 2 parameter ‘text’ and compare they (with param_equal)?

发表时间 Thu 20 Oct 22 @ 4:06 pm
@mg_1978 I'm not going to spoon feed you on this one, break it down into the simplest problem you can, then try solve that.

you want to compare a string variable to a string, and you do use param_equal

发表时间 Thu 20 Oct 22 @ 7:01 pm
locodog wrote :

i have quite know solution:
button: set ‘$samplename’ `get_browsed_title’ & browser_gotofolder ‘Sampler/Recordings’ & browser_window ‘songs’ & browser_scroll ‘top’ è repeat_start 20ms param_equal `get_browsed_title` `get_var ‘$samplename’` ? repeat_stop ‘scorri’ &sampler_edit : browser_scroll +1

not always work well, could you help me?

发表时间 Thu 20 Oct 22 @ 10:46 pm
64%