快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: BEHRINGER CMD STUDIO2A GAIN ASSIGN

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

KENSORHome userMember since 2018
Hi there.
I would like to assign the gain control of Virtual Dj 8.0 (I'm still trying it and it's the only real flaw of this little controller) to the controller's PITCH knob, when MODE is pressed. When the MODE is not pressed I would like PITCH knob to work normal as a pitch control. Is this possible?
I'm not familiar with mapping and mapping commands.

发表时间 Wed 04 Apr 18 @ 4:47 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
hmm, the MODE button is used as SHIFT and several other actions depend on whether the MODE button is pressed or not. So if you have the MODE button to toggle the behavior of the PITCH, then each time you need to access any SHIFT action, you will also toggle the PITCH mode.
BTW, the FX ASSIGN A and B buttons offer multiple functions to the PITCH knobs. Take a look at the manual and see if any of those additional PITCH modes are not much used from your to assign Gain to that.
http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/behringer/cmdstudio2a/controls.html

发表时间 Wed 04 Apr 18 @ 5:33 pm
I think I didn't make my question clear enough. I don't want to change the behavior of the pitch knob. What I want to do is (if it's possible) to be able to control the gain as well by the same knob (while I have the mode button pressed). I mean....PITCH KNOB to control PITCH (like it does) and PITCH KNOB + MODE to control GAIN (that's what I want to achieve).
How do I assign the buttons. I don't really know since the controller is natively support by VDJ 8 and I haven't changed a thing.

发表时间 Wed 04 Apr 18 @ 8:53 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Can't test it, so you'll have to do that :)

Try that on the Pitch key:

var 'pitchmode' 1 ? shift ? param_smaller 0 ? loop_move -1 : loop_move +1 : loop_double : var 'pitchmode' 2 ? shift ? effect slider 2 : effect_slider 1 : shift ? gain : pitch

发表时间 Thu 05 Apr 18 @ 8:04 am
Thank you for the help.
With this command the PITCH becomes GAIN control, regardless of pressing the MODE button, but it can't control the Pitch anymore.
I would like it to be able to control the GAIN only when MODE is pressed.
Any idea where things don't work with the command?

发表时间 Thu 05 Apr 18 @ 9:54 am
Hm, idk. Looks okay for me.
Did you change the mapping of any other key?

What does the Mode Key look like?

发表时间 Thu 05 Apr 18 @ 11:17 am

发表时间 Thu 05 Apr 18 @ 11:40 am
You've already been advised (by a professional Atomix staff member experienced in mapping controllers) that it is not a good idea to use the MODE button.

发表时间 Thu 05 Apr 18 @ 6:46 pm
Ok. I understand that Mode is not a good idea. In case I want to assign Assign Α to make the Pitch control behave like a Gain control, how can I do it?

发表时间 Thu 05 Apr 18 @ 10:13 pm
That's not a good idea either.
The Assign buttons change the value of the "pitchmode" variable which is used by other keys as a condition to execute one or the other action.

I personally would remap the Up or Down. They are mapped as browser_scroll +-1, which just selects the next/previous track in the browser.

If you'd want to remap that button do something like this:

set 'gainToggle' 1 while_pressed

then again for the pitch

var 'pitchmode' 1 ? shift ? param_smaller 0 ? loop_move -1 : loop_move +1 : loop_double : var 'pitchmode' 2 ? shift ? effect slider 2 : effect_slider 1 : var 'gainToggle' 1 ? gain : pitch

发表时间 Fri 06 Apr 18 @ 6:09 am
I think I need the Browser scroll buttons. I 've made my folders in a way that I browse inside them. So Up and Down are really useful.
Any other suggestions please?
I mean I never intend to use loop mode. I just don't care since I don't usually play dance tracks. But gain is really useful because of the different mastering level of tracks from different eras and style.

发表时间 Fri 06 Apr 18 @ 8:34 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Try to assign the PITCH as ...
var 'pitchmode' 1 ? shift ? param_smaller 0 ? loop_move -1 : loop_move +1 : loop_double : var 'pitchmode' 2 ? shift ? effect slider 2 : effect_slider 1 : shift ? gain : pitch

If both FX ASSIGN A | B are off, the PITCH knob will control gain while the MODE is pressed.
If Gain is more used than the Pitch control, then try...
var 'pitchmode' 1 ? shift ? param_smaller 0 ? loop_move -1 : loop_move +1 : loop_double : var 'pitchmode' 2 ? shift ? effect slider 2 : effect_slider 1 : shift ? pitch : gain
.. it will do the opposite.

发表时间 Fri 06 Apr 18 @ 1:28 pm
Doesn't work. It just makes the PITCH knob a gain knob even when the MODE button is not pressed.....That's not what I want to achieve.

发表时间 Fri 06 Apr 18 @ 2:00 pm
Thanks djdad. It's working. Actually every shift command needs to be written var '$shift'

发表时间 Fri 06 Apr 18 @ 2:56 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)