快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Any way to silence an audible midi clock out signal?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Running into a slight issue with the midi clock out and VDJ 8.2, I'm trying to sync VDJ (running from a laptop) with Ableton (running on a desktop).

I have the sound from my laptop going thru a mixer and into my Korg KP3, which in turn goes into Ableton on my desktop and thru those speakers.

So I use a USB > midi device on my both computers. Whenever I connect the midi out from my laptop to the KP3, it works as expected - I can't detect an audible noise from VDJ's clock out.

But when I use the same connectors to try and take the midi out from VDJ and send it to the midi in on my desktop / Ableton, I get an audible "click" noise that corresponds perfectly with the midi signal.

Note I have to use a midi fem > fem coupler to connect the laptop to the desktop ... but I don't need the coupler to hook up the laptop to the KP3.

I know, it all sounds confusing. Basically I'm just trying to get rid of the audible midi clock noise that occurs when trying to sync a laptop with VDJ to a desktop with Ableton.

Any suggestions?

发表时间 Fri 30 Mar 18 @ 12:42 am
Check Windows Audio Mixer. You should be able to identify the device that playbacks the MIDI clock and mute it

发表时间 Fri 30 Mar 18 @ 7:41 am
I'm not seeing the device, only thing (of any importance) it shows in volume mixer is Virtual DJ. :(

发表时间 Fri 30 Mar 18 @ 5:05 pm
I'm guessing the problem is with the midi coupler I'm using...since the problem doesn't occur when hooking straight to my KP3 (without the coupler). But I've tried two different brands of coupler (Radioshack and Hosa) and the problem persists with both.

发表时间 Fri 30 Mar 18 @ 5:30 pm
It would be much more useful if you could give exact detail of what you're using, and how it's connected.

Rather than just saying "a mixer" and "a USB > MIDI device", tell us the make & model of the mixer and the "device".

Give details of exactly how you've hooked everything up. All you've said is that it "goes thru" or "goes in" etc. Post pics if you need to.

BTW wouldn't it be far simpler to run both VDJ and Live (Ableton is the company, not the software) on the same computer?

发表时间 Fri 30 Mar 18 @ 5:40 pm
It would be easier to run VDJ and Live on the desktop, but I'm wanting a setup that would be more mobile if need be (Sure I could, in theory, bring the desktop with me wherever, but I'm not trying to do all that)...

So the setup I'm working with is:

Laptop with latest version of VDJ, running Windows 10 ... hooked up via usb to Epsilon 4 Deck DJ Controller.

Audio goes from the built-in sound card on the Epsilon controller and into a Behringer Xenyx 1002 mixer (there's some other things going into there too, but I'm not even using those for the purpose of this). That Audio goes into Korg KP3, which goes out to the desktop (running Win 7 + Ableton Live 9.6), which is connected to Behringer MS40 speakers.

Midi clock goes out from laptop via HIFing (read: cheap usb>midi device) into desktop and Live (with a 2nd HIFing midi device). Live syncs to the midi itself and also sends midi signal out to the KP3. (The KP3 is unable to do Midi Thru, despite it having both a Midi In and Midi Out). All of this works as expected, with the exception of the audible MIDI signal, which I only get when using Live. I don't get that noise when just using VDJ, or even when using VDJ + the Korg KP3. EDIT: If I don't bother syncing MIDI, I can use live + the KP3 for just audio and everything is fine, but then I obviously don't have the MIDI clock.

The coupler comes into play because both the HIFing devices only have MIDI Male connectors, and since I can't find a female MIDI cable that has female connectors at both ends (why I have no idea) I have to use the coupler to make the connection.

Did I miss any important details?

发表时间 Fri 30 Mar 18 @ 6:13 pm
PS - I am exploring Live as the potential issue, but figured it wouldn't hurt to post about it here as well.

Also, to be clear - I'm just trying to "perfect" this setup ... if I Can get it to work with that setup, I should be able to replace the desktop with a 2nd laptop (running Live) if I needed to go "mobile" ...

发表时间 Fri 30 Mar 18 @ 6:20 pm
The thing is, the MIDI adapter cables are designed to connect to DIN sockets on hardware, not to each other.

On hardware, the MIDI in would have an opto-isolator. The one on your cable possibly hasn't got that.

With both software apps on the same computer, you could ditch the MIDI cables and just use ReWire. :-)

It would also be easier if you used audio interfaces with MIDI I/O connectors on each computer. Then all you'd need is a 5 pin DIN MIDI cable.

发表时间 Fri 30 Mar 18 @ 7:11 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)