快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Make One button pitch bend all decks?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

i1111PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi everybody! I already had this scripted on my computer, but lost that system and thus the script for the action I want. I would like to press the letter g on the keyboard and for it to lock the pitch bend on all decks. So for example, once you press the letter G, pitch bending on any jog wheel will affect all decks! I use this to pitch bend up and down the audio/track while the other audio/tracks follow along with it; sycned. I have two controllers hooked up; Hercules RMX-MK4. Please help me regain this script I already had! Thanks in advance!

发表时间 Tue 13 Mar 18 @ 5:17 am
Do you mean "beatlock"

In that case you can test it on the scratch pane (on the 2 yellow dots), or script it using the script "beatlock"

发表时间 Tue 13 Mar 18 @ 1:17 pm
thank you but that is not it. someone had been able to tell me exactly what to script for the letter g on my key board in order to pitch bend all decks in the past. the script had global var in it and also naming each deck. Any ideas?

发表时间 Thu 15 Mar 18 @ 4:34 am
Ok I have a better way of explaining it! I want to press the letter G on the key board and would like for any movement on any jogwheel to affect all the decks! Whether I pitch bend or scratch, any jog wheel action should not move the beats and the mix should stay synced. Even if no music is playing, If you would press the letter g, moving one jog wheel moves all decks at the same time. Can anybody help please?

发表时间 Thu 15 Mar 18 @ 4:46 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can chain VDJ script actions, using the & character.
So something like..
deck 1 pitch_bend -5% & deck 2 pitch_bend -5% & deck 3 pitch_bend -5% & deck 4 pitch_bend -5%
should bend all decks to the same amount of pitch

发表时间 Thu 15 Mar 18 @ 8:26 am
Or you could even use:
deck all pitch_bend -5%

However if you are not trying to sync with an external source, bending ALL tracks together makes no sense to me...

发表时间 Thu 15 Mar 18 @ 9:20 am
Hello guys thank you for your help and support! As a matter a fact I'm half way there! I think it was dj dadd who figured it out last time. I found a screenshot of the script I used to use that gave me the action I want.

There is a script for the jogwheel on the controller : var '$globalbend' ? deck 1 jogwheel & deck 2 jogwheel & deck 3 jogwheel & deck 4 jogwheel : jogwheel

Now I need help scripting for the letter g on the keyboard. What script for the letter g, upon pressing it on/off, will connect all four jogwheels? So that if i pitch bend or scratch all decks will bend or scratch in sync.

Please guys we're almost there, I already had it working once but my system was lost so now I'm having to set it up again! This is a great action to have for your mixing. In a way its like a beatlock but this action connects all jogwheels, so that all respond when only one is moved.

What do I script on the letter g please?

发表时间 Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 1:42 am
Well, i miss-understood what you asked for... anyways, if your controller's Jogwheel is mapped as above (var '$globalbend' ? deck 1 jogwheel & deck 2 jogwheel & deck 3 jogwheel & deck 4 jogwheel : jogwheel) then all you need your G letter to map as is ..
toggle '$globalbend'

发表时间 Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 3:54 am
djdad you are so awesome ! Yes it's coming back to me now, the script for the G on the keyboard did have toggle and 'globalbend'.

I just tried it. It's not working. Are we missing anything ? I feel we are so close !

Any ideas cool guys?

发表时间 Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 8:42 pm
Please expand! I'm very curious to what function this would serve. What trick it would achieve, enable. There must be something I'm missing here.

发表时间 Sat 17 Mar 18 @ 8:18 pm
i1111 wrote :
I just tried it. It's not working.

What controller are you using and how are the JOG keys mapped as ?
If you are using the RMX and the JOG is mapped as shown in your pic above, then it should work
Can you try with a Custom button assigned as .... toggle '$globalbend' ... so that you see when the mode is enabled and when not ?

发表时间 Sat 17 Mar 18 @ 9:32 pm
Yes I'm using rmx and mk4.

Jog is mapped as I showed above.

Just tried it with just rmx connected, still doesn't work.

I made a custom button on the skin, with, toggle '$globalbend' , and it does not stay lit unless I hold the left click on mouse: even with that, still doesn't work upon toggling.

It used to work before, what is preventing it? What should I double check or try next please?

发表时间 Sun 18 Mar 18 @ 1:37 am
mitchiemasha wrote :
Please expand! I'm very curious to what function this would serve. What trick it would achieve, enable. There must be something I'm missing here.

Yo brotha, this function is sweet as moving one jog wheel will affect all decks equally! Even if all tracks are paused or not playing. Basically this is like a master jogwheel/platter function. Old school djs/turntablists would've never been able to control all decks at once like this.

Try it out !

发表时间 Sun 18 Mar 18 @ 1:42 am
for scratching the right deck with the left hand and Utilize the 3rd or 4th channel, the 2nd layer for track playing?

Edit: no that still wouldn't work... The track playing would still be scratched. I guess the only function is to scratch all, with slip mode it wouldn't mess up the overall timing, track playing. Could work for a few tricks in a fast mash up routine.

发表时间 Sun 18 Mar 18 @ 4:40 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)