快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: New! Pioneer XDJ-RX2 - Page: 2

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Guys on the xdj rx2 i select in the menu of the unit the internal mixer, up until today i used to shut down the software and the xdj rx2 would maintain internal mixer mode.

Now i close the software and it switches the xdj rx2 to midi mode and i have to keep resetting it to internal mixer in the menu of the unit. Have i done something different or could anybody shed some light?

发表时间 Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 3:57 pm
I think Micky has a point about that post !

发表时间 Sun 05 Nov 17 @ 6:44 pm
user11287920 wrote :
Guys on the xdj rx2 i select in the menu of the unit the internal mixer, up until today i used to shut down the software and the xdj rx2 would maintain internal mixer mode.

Now i close the software and it switches the xdj rx2 to midi mode and i have to keep resetting it to internal mixer in the menu of the unit. Have i done something different or could anybody shed some light?

That behavior is controlled by the XDJ-RX2 itself, and it's drivers.

Technical info:
Pioneer has embedded an action on the drivers of the unit that allows them to switch the mixer functionality by a command request.
Unfortunately this command is not exposed anywhere on the system and only Pioneer drivers can use it.

VirtualDj itself does NOT do any calls on the drivers to switch mixer setting.
However, RekordboxDJ does!. In fact, every time you start RekordboxDj it sets the unit to MIDI mixer mode.
This happens on all controllers that work with RekordboxDj and offer a MIDI mixer setting: DDJ-RZ, XDJ-RX, XDJ-RX2 all, switch automatically to MIDI mixer when RekordboxDj starts.

I don't know if you used RekordboxDj with your XDJ-RX2 connected, but that's what I suspect.
Other than that, a firmware or driver update of the device may have changed the above behavior.

What you need to keep out of this thread is that VirtualDj CANNOT control the mixer mode.
Only RekordboxDj can do that, and it's not done directly with a MIDI command. It's done via the drivers of the unit with some closed proprietary command that's impossible for us to find and use.

发表时间 Mon 06 Nov 17 @ 8:40 am
Good evening, I am very new here. I ordered a XDJ RX2 already before reading this subject. But i love Vdj 8 for reason that it works very good and is likewise very user friendly.
It was stated that the "unofficial mappers" for the XDj RX2 come without "SCREEN SUPPORT".
So does this mean that the controller can be used with Vdj8 except an "EXTERNAL SCREEN OPTION" until ATOMIX has finalized the official mappers for this unit ?
So does that mean that I can still SEE my Vdj8 software on my computer screen and practice with the Xdj-Rx2 and Vdj8?

Thank you for your understanding.

发表时间 Sat 02 Dec 17 @ 12:51 pm
Bananacreek wrote :
Good evening, I am very new here. I ordered a XDJ RX2 already before reading this subject. But i love Vdj 8 for reason that it works very good and is likewise very user friendly.
It was stated that the "unofficial mappers" for the XDj RX2 come without "SCREEN SUPPORT".
So does this mean that the controller can be used with Vdj8 except an "EXTERNAL SCREEN OPTION" until ATOMIX has finalized the official mappers for this unit ?
So does that mean that I can still SEE my Vdj8 software on my computer screen and practice with the Xdj-Rx2 and Vdj8?

Thank you for your understanding.

I think the screen will simply be blank when you use it with VDJ8

Also remember that you need to buy a license for VDJ for it to work with any controller
You are listed as a free home edition user, and that version doesn't work with controllers (except for a 30 day trial and a 10 min test period every time you open the software)

发表时间 Sat 02 Dec 17 @ 2:32 pm
Thank you for your reply sir,

So you are still talking of an external screen? And not just the Vdj8 screen on my computer?

Yes indeed I am planning to purchase a pro license but only after I am convinced that the add-on unofficial mapping package for the Pioneer XDj-RX2 will work as I thought it would work (so visible on the computer screen.....but without extension screen?)

发表时间 Sat 02 Dec 17 @ 2:57 pm
Bananacreek wrote :
So you are still talking of an external screen? And not just the Vdj8 screen on my computer?

Yes, I believe that the external screen on the controller will be blank when using the controller with VDJ
The regular screen will work as usual - so it'll be like other controllers which don't have screens

Bananacreek wrote :
Yes indeed I am planning to purchase a pro license but only after I am convinced that the add-on unofficial mapping package for the Pioneer XDj-RX2 will work as I thought it would work (so visible on the computer screen.....but without extension screen?)

Ok. But until then VDJ will only work with your controller for a 10 min test period every time you start it

发表时间 Sat 02 Dec 17 @ 3:25 pm
I think a have to buy a pro-license first even BEFORE I could download the "unofficial" Mapper add-on......because when I click on the download button now...nothing happens

Once more thanks for your reply, and it helps me to make a decision and if I want to use Vdj8.2 with the pioneer Xdj-Rx2 there will be nothing left for me than to buy the Pro key.....but I want Vdj8.2 because it will be a lot of work preparing 11 thousand Mp4 video tracks for Rekordbox export use.

Most users I know here in the Philippines and who purchased the Pioneer Xdj-Rx2 would like to continue with Vdj8.2 for reason that they use Vdj8.2 already with their Pioneer Nexus II units which are compatible with Vdj8.2 ......so I think it would only be a matter of time?

Please inform me where I go wrong because I am not a professional......

发表时间 Sun 03 Dec 17 @ 10:45 am
Bananacreek wrote :
I think a have to buy a pro-license first even BEFORE I could download the "unofficial" Mapper add-on......because when I click on the download button now...nothing happens

Yes, it's been made available to Pro license holders only - so you either need to buy a full Pro Infinity license, or take out the monthly Pro subscription.

发表时间 Sun 03 Dec 17 @ 10:59 am
Thank you sir...good idea to try one month and then buy the full licence...

发表时间 Sun 03 Dec 17 @ 1:59 pm
Any luck with Virtual DJ being compatible with the Pioneer XDJ-RX2?

发表时间 Sun 31 Dec 17 @ 2:43 am

发表时间 Sun 31 Dec 17 @ 3:55 am
matto_PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi!
How is now with build in effects from xdj-rx2.
Is now effect working and if on display showing bpm number when you playing from VDJ?

发表时间 Fri 19 Jan 18 @ 6:25 am
Witam serdecznie kiedy można spodziewać się oficjalnego sterowania razem z wyświetlaczem do XDR-RX2

发表时间 Sat 17 Mar 18 @ 11:53 am
This is an English speaking forum, please try one of our other forums, with a language that you are comfortable with, thank you.

发表时间 Sat 17 Mar 18 @ 7:54 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)