快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Custom Speed Override for Tag Editor?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi, Can we have a speed override control in the Tag Editor. There are a few songs from the 60's that I listen to at faster speeds than the original. If I could "set" that speed in the tag editor then I wouldn't need to control the speed. The default speed could always be 0. And a check box for keeping the same timbre otherwise a speeded up recording will sound like Mickey Mouse!!! Thanks.

发表时间 Sat 12 Aug 17 @ 7:45 pm
It won't help you to set the bpm in the tag editor. That's just info, so that would just list your track with the wrong BPM
But you can create an action POI that set's the pitch to a pct of what it really is. Like 110% for 10% faster than the original
To get the track to stay in the same key you just enable key lock - my key lock is generally always on

I made a quick n' dirty video that first shows pitch change without and then with key lock
It then shows how to create an action POI that changes the pitch 10% up, and starts the track twice to show how it works
It then show a reload and play of the track to show that the info gets saved for the next time you load and play the track

发表时间 Sat 12 Aug 17 @ 7:56 pm
thanks, I'll give that a go - looks easy. I too always have keylock on.

发表时间 Sat 12 Aug 17 @ 8:35 pm
OK, tried the "pitch 106%" action POI - this works when loading a tune manually. The next manually added song resets the pitch to 100%. However, automix won't reset the action for the next song. So I had to add another action near the fade exit POI to set the pitch to 100%. Is there a way of invoking the action that is the same as the reset button so that the change in pitch is gradual? Also, it might still be a good idea to have pitch changes in the tag editor for those of us who don't want to be messing around with POI's, then the default pitch will always be "reset to 100%" for each song so that the next song in a list automatically resets gradually. If I changed the tag pitch to 106% then every time this song appears in any automix it's pitch will automatically gradually reset to 106%. I noticed that I had to be careful of where the POI for the action is placed as the fades can kick in after the pitch POI when using automix. Not a problem for manually loaded tracks.

发表时间 Sat 12 Aug 17 @ 9:14 pm
just found "pitch_reset" action !!! this will work in POI's fine thanks.

发表时间 Sat 12 Aug 17 @ 9:34 pm
diamond video disco wrote :

Cool

Regarding editing the BPM tag it won't actually make the pitch change when the track is played
That's the same for all tags. That's standard mp3 info for all software, so the BPM will just be wrong if you edit it
Like if you change the artist name, the track will not suddenly be by another artist when you play it

发表时间 Sun 13 Aug 17 @ 2:19 am
klausmogensen wrote :
diamond video disco wrote :

Cool

Regarding editing the BPM tag it won't actually make the pitch change when the track is played
That's the same for all tags. That's standard mp3 info for all software, so the BPM will just be wrong if you edit it
Like if you change the artist name, the track will not suddenly be by another artist when you play it

Yeah, I did get that - I suppose I was asking to add that feature to a "wish list" for future editions! I understand that BPM is a reference, and wanted an additional control for custom speed changes and thought the tag editor might be a good place to put it.

发表时间 Sun 13 Aug 17 @ 7:56 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)