快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Refresh Filters

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hello,
When I change tags on songs, how do I refresh filters so that empty tags disappear, and songs appear in their new tags?

For example, if I tag "Have a Drink On Me" by AC/DC as genre "Rock," and take them out of another genre which is now empty, how do I refresh the Filters > Genres section?

发表时间 Mon 07 Aug 17 @ 12:47 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You need to select the files/tracks or a folder and right-click->Batch->Reload tags (Cant be done with a single track/file)

发表时间 Mon 07 Aug 17 @ 1:02 pm
djdad wrote :
You need to select the files/tracks or a folder and right-click->Batch->Reload tags (Cant be done with a single track/file)

That helps with getting songs added to the filters. What about removing empty filters?

Like, I have a Genre for "80sHits" but I mistyped one as "80Hits" one time, and that's now listed under Filters > Genres
I don't want empty genres to show up on the filters list. I can't right-click it and remove it, and shouldn't have to, anyhow - there's lots of genres here and I don't want to click on them one at a time to see if they're empty, and then right-click remove.

发表时间 Mon 07 Aug 17 @ 10:03 pm
The filter uses info from the main database, so if you edit the mistakes out of the database, they should not appear in the filter.

Search the database for 80Hits and you should find the track(s) with that tag. Correct it and when you run the filter it should be OK.

发表时间 Tue 08 Aug 17 @ 5:01 pm
You also need to restart VDJ for the genre fields to be refreshed.

发表时间 Tue 08 Aug 17 @ 5:09 pm
I don't think so. It seemed to work fine for me when I tried (when I posted about it).

I called up the genres filter, scrolled until I spotted an unwanted one, then searched for it in the browser and edited it.

When I went back to the genres filter, it had changed.

发表时间 Tue 08 Aug 17 @ 5:41 pm
groovindj wrote :
I don't think so. It seemed to work fine for me when I tried (when I posted about it).

I called up the genres filter, scrolled until I spotted an unwanted one, then searched for it in the browser and edited it.

When I went back to the genres filter, it had changed.

I just did this again - went to the 80Hits genre, edited the tag to be 80sHits. The song no longer shows up when I click the genre 80Hits, and it shows up under 80sHits, which is good. However, I still have an empty genre field called 80Hits.

A per kradcliffe, I restarted VDJ and the empty genre is gone.

Would be nice if there is a way to refresh them without restarting VDJ. Can we add that ability, please?

发表时间 Wed 09 Aug 17 @ 10:22 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Just close and re-open the filter folder and the genre subfolders should be updated

发表时间 Thu 10 Aug 17 @ 2:12 am
Sean Arenas wrote :

Would be nice if there is a way to refresh them without restarting VDJ

Remember, it reads the database to get its information.

You wouldn't want it to be constantly reading the database, just in case you change something. It's too inefficient. Instead it reads the database when it knows you're using it (when you click on the genre filter to open it).

发表时间 Thu 10 Aug 17 @ 4:48 pm
Has nothing to do with efficiency with any common sense program and in most programs that would viewed as a bug.

发表时间 Fri 11 Aug 17 @ 12:47 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Plus, it is not reading the database at all.
It is reading the folders folder.

Technically, a event listener could be implemented that is monitoring the folders folders to update the browser view if the directory is changed somehow.
It's not a big deal, but it's not a big deal to close and reopen the browser folders either.
So it is not a bug, just a matter of convenience.

发表时间 Fri 11 Aug 17 @ 9:46 am
Anything that is not giving expected behavior is normally considered to be a bug or at best a poor implementation. If planned unexpected behavior than maybe worse than bug. There are several of these in VDJ and if anyone wants to know then ask but probably will go nowhere if I report it but probably already known anyway.

发表时间 Fri 11 Aug 17 @ 6:52 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)