快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: record one deck only?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

hello everybody!
i have a quick question:
is there a way to record only one deck in virtual dj (even tho' both decks are playing)?
what im trying to do is record only the scratching so that i can then rearrange them in my DAW etc.or even better,would it be possible to record left deck on the left channel and right deck on the right channel?that way it would be even easier to sync

发表时间 Wed 31 May 17 @ 12:21 pm
It is possible, yes, but not easy to do and it would require a sound interface with at least 6 outputs and 2 inputs.
Also it would require a PRO license

发表时间 Wed 31 May 17 @ 12:42 pm
why this very straight forward/no brainer feature isnt included?i mean,i know this software is mainly marketed as a mixing program but...still..it seems like such an obvious feature to have (record only the scratches)

is there a workaround?like for example : playing the beat outside of vdj on wmp or vlc and only recording the scratches in vdj?
it seems like whenever i im in virtual dj it takes absolute control over the soundcard and all other sounds (windows sounds,audio players,internet browsers) are not picked up while vdj is running...any tips on how to change that?like hearing sounds from virtual dj+ windows media player AT THE SAME TIME?
that way i can hear the track but record only the scratches

发表时间 Wed 31 May 17 @ 1:12 pm
As you said, it's a mixing program. Therefore the people want to record their mix, not their individual tracks running on a single deck.
As for VirtualDj taking control over sound, it's for the same reason.
If you mix music in front of a crowd the last thing you want is to have random Windows sounds (or internet, Skype, e.t.c) audible.
You CAN change that behavior (exclussiveAudioAccess setting) but the default behavior is to take over control of audio interface for the reasons explained above.

Finally:
An easier way to achieve what you want is to hear both decks on your headphones (engage the PFL button on both decks) but have only one deck (the one you want to record) playing live on air.
VirtualDj records only the "on air" sound, not the "pfl" sound.
Therefore this provides you a nice work-around.

发表时间 Wed 31 May 17 @ 1:34 pm
thanks man...but i dont quite understand.could you explain a bit more in detail about plf/on air?thank you very much

发表时间 Wed 31 May 17 @ 2:30 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)