快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: History is not working correctly - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I am trying to understand how the history folder works. There are some folders that are inside the history that are categorized by years and in them other folders named by months. The last 4-5 months history playlists are not inside any folders. Is it suppose to be like that? Next issue is that i am certain that while i was playing music after 1 hour i was able to see the history playlist file of today's mix and it would update live every time i would play a song. For some reason that doesn't happen anymore.
Using windows 10 64 bit, version 3493

发表时间 Sat 05 Nov 16 @ 5:15 pm
My last history record is 07/03/2016. I know I have played sets since then. It is also spotty before 05/2016. You may be on to something!

发表时间 Sat 05 Nov 16 @ 5:26 pm
A track registering in history is dependent on the history delay setting and also the deck fader level. If the fader is too low then tracks won't register. Also check the history folder has read/write access in your OS.

My history is all complete as I rename each gig once finished and there's nothing at all missing.

发表时间 Sat 05 Nov 16 @ 6:44 pm
History delay is set by me at "15" and i always have thr volume faders all the way up. Try this.
Open virtual dj and start playing a track, before you were able to see the new created history file with the song you just played. That's one of the issues.
Second issue is that the histroy files are stored in sub folders up to 2016 June. Anything after that is directly inside the history.

发表时间 Sat 05 Nov 16 @ 7:09 pm
Ok i am experimenting. If i play a song and shut down virtual DJ and reopen it the history file is there with the song that i played and it updates live every time i put another song. So basically, in order to see the last history file on virtual DJ's browser you have to reatart virtual dj...not like i remember it being a few builds back.

发表时间 Sat 05 Nov 16 @ 7:11 pm
I experimented also. I cleared out my history. I then played a set and the history was displayed but the date was 08/02/2016. Now my question is why is the date off three months and four days?

发表时间 Sun 06 Nov 16 @ 8:55 pm
I don't have issues like that. My issues are:
1) History folders are not created inside folders. Is it suppose to be like that?
2) when opening virtual DJ and start mixing the playlist history file is not shown unless i restart virtual dj.

I know these are little details and the devs have a lot on their plate so I'm waiting till they check it out

发表时间 Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 3:48 am
Yes I too have folders created inside folders with no rhyme or reason.

发表时间 Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 4:13 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
PressNPlayDJ wrote :

1) History folders are not created inside folders. Is it suppose to be like that?
2) when opening virtual DJ and start mixing the playlist history file is not shown unless i restart virtual dj.

History files behave similar to internet history works in browsers.
Today, yesterday, in the last week, in the last month, etc etc.
Of course not exactly the same but similar. Recent entries given high levels quick access, older entries archived to save screen space.

Playlists (which is all a history file is) don't visually update automatically if you are looking at them, you have to reload them by switching folders. Can't test atm but this is my presumption of what is happening.

发表时间 Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 10:06 am
Well I think I found the misdate problem. I went to start of day and I had it set to 2300. It states in the display it is twenty four hour format but default was 8am. So I put in 8am and then played a track and checked history and the date was correct. My date was 3 months and 2 days off when set to 2300 hrs. Is it just a coincidence that the 2 and the 3 are in the 2300 hr setting? Also why does the program say 24 hr format when one should enter am or pm time?

发表时间 Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 5:12 pm
locodog wrote :

Playlists (which is all a history file is) don't visually update automatically if you are looking at them, you have to reload them by switching folders. Can't test atm but this is my presumption of what is happening.

Yes they do.

发表时间 Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 5:23 pm
I stand corrected then.

发表时间 Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 5:29 pm
But this is the issue... It won't update and you won't be able to see the history playlist file unless you restart virtual dj. Then you'll be able to see it and it will update live...
Why do I have to restart virtual dj to see thr last history file?
Second question, why are some history file in some folders?

发表时间 Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 5:38 pm
I did not have to restart VDJ to view my last history. It took about ten seconds to appear.

发表时间 Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 6:23 pm
I just got home to test, loaded a track, let it play for the 5 seconds needed to be actually logged as played, went to history and there it was.

I don't know what way you did things Press, but maybe if you're looking at the history root folder and loading tracks from the sidelist then perhaps that isn't updated with a new m3u [today's list] until you look away and back again.

As for your second question I think I explained that in an earlier post saying it was similar to how web browsers condense older history and manage recent history.

It probably time for staff to clarify.

发表时间 Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 7:13 pm
History has always worked perfectly for me, even in a current session.

Just check your history delay setting and the start of day hour settings.

发表时间 Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 7:21 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
History has always worked perfectly for me, even in a current session.

Just check your history delay setting and the start of day hour settings.

Wrote it above

发表时间 Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 7:24 pm
Try renaming (and keeping) your settings.xml so VDJ creates a new default one and try again.

发表时间 Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 7:30 pm
^ maybe thr XML file got corrupted... I'll try that.

发表时间 Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 8:11 pm
That's really the only thing it could be.

发表时间 Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 8:13 pm
80%