快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: remixes

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
a famous mr. tenaglia said if a tune has 15 remixes its a crap tune. i admit i get tired of it. so i always pick the dub. not a vocals person. but i understand wedding people, etc arent into prog house and techno. opinions?

发表时间 Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 5:10 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I completely disagree, I think it's the opposite, the more people remix a track just proves that it resonates with people.

Not all music tries to be high art, some music just aims to be fun.
If a tune is without merit, why would producers even bother remix it?

Whilst there is some 'bandwagoning' of bootlegging successful pop tunes to fringe genres, and if the original release includes many remixes there is a bit of a feeling that the record company is taking the 'sling enough **** and hope something sticks' approach

I can think of many early '90s tracks that had multiple remixes and bootlegs released many years [some decades] after the original.
I can think of loads of old rock/pop/ tunes that have been remixed loads of times, while the remixes may be questionable with reference to quality, the originals have stood the test of time.

发表时间 Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 5:43 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
[quote=locodog] the more people remix a track just proves that it resonates with people.

quote]

agree

发表时间 Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 12:28 pm
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
depends on the music. and what style you play. if you buy vinyl now. they put the good mix on. not like the 90s with dub to morales to tenaglia to some trance dj. thats to make more money. i know a few very big name djs from when i carried their boxes. was a bit of a pest. and they dont want a quater of a record with the mix they want. you know at 45rpm and on whole side it sounds better. if you are dj weddings/parties that sort of thing i can see the advantage of more mixes....

发表时间 Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 1:08 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)