快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Loop Roll?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Can someone please explain what the loop roll button does?

发表时间 Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 11:14 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It loops the track for x amount of beats - but the track continues playing in the background - so when you exit the loop roll the - track is further into the song - for the period of time the loop roll button is pressed.-

In contrast to a regular loop - which loops the track for x amounts of beats but when you exit the loop - the track is at the same place where the loop stopped.

发表时间 Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 11:33 pm
Maybe I don't get it. It does nothing when I try it different ways. Does it work with video or only mp3. Can you give me an example of what to do to truly understand it please?

发表时间 Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 11:46 pm
I'll have to play with loop roll to better understand it. I used a vocal part of a song and I do see a difference. The loop in/out has to be activated I believe as well?

发表时间 Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 11:52 pm
I don't have any music vids on my mac - but I tried a regular vid - it does not have an effect on the video - only on the audio portion of the video.

The video will continue to play normally but the audio will loop.

发表时间 Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 11:55 pm
You might have the strength -- the STR button turned down to zero - that why it has no effect for you.. you have to turn this up if you have it turned down.

发表时间 Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 11:59 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I love the loop roll effect, it's just a shame it is fairly complicated scripting to get it to recreate V7 style loop roll, maybe when the fix slip loop function.
The only thing more needed would be some interesting lengths, 1.5 beats etc (that sounds great on breakbeat/d&b)

No, in and out doesn't have to be active, the loop roll effect is very similar to V7 overloop in a way. Don't use the beat length buttons try turning the effect on and manipulating the length dial.

发表时间 Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 5:59 am
Como puedo mapear el loop roll en vdj 8 para ergo?

发表时间 Sat 15 Apr 17 @ 4:30 am
This is an English on forum, please try our Spanish forum here, thank you.

发表时间 Mon 17 Apr 17 @ 4:24 am
Hi, I have a Numark Party Mix and have changed the loop pads page to roll. The problem is when i push down the pad, when i release it, the roll stops. I know that with loops this isnt problem, but i like to use rolls while song is playing. Any script that could apply that "rolls till i push again" feature?

Cheers

P.S here is the code I have now
loop_roll 0.125 pad 3

发表时间 Wed 15 Jul 20 @ 10:12 am
I'll show you 3 buttons as examples

effect_beats 'loop roll' 0.125 ? effect_active 'loop roll' : effect_beats 'loop roll' 0.125 & effect_active 'loop roll' on
effect_beats 'loop roll' 0.25 ? effect_active 'loop roll' : effect_beats 'loop roll' 0.25 & effect_active 'loop roll' on
effect_beats 'loop roll' 0.5 ? effect_active 'loop roll' : effect_beats 'loop roll' 0.5 & effect_active 'loop roll' on

发表时间 Wed 15 Jul 20 @ 4:07 pm
locodog wrote :

effect_beats 'loop roll' 0.125 ? effect_active 'loop roll' : effect_beats 'loop roll' 0.125 & effect_active 'loop roll' on
effect_beats 'loop roll' 0.25 ? effect_active 'loop roll' : effect_beats 'loop roll' 0.25 & effect_active 'loop roll' on
effect_beats 'loop roll' 0.5 ? effect_active 'loop roll' : effect_beats 'loop roll' 0.5 & effect_active 'loop roll' on

Cool, will plug it in later and see how it works, thank you!

发表时间 Thu 16 Jul 20 @ 6:52 am
locodog wrote :

Works amazing!
But how would you set it to reset to no loop roll when a new song is loaded?

Again thank you this is awesome!

发表时间 Fri 17 Jul 20 @ 3:13 pm
missed the above post, yes for me the loop roll fx should monitor for load_pulse and always turn itself off as I can't think any good use to keep the position of a track no longer on deck. However the fix is an easy one for users.
I put this script on my keyboard mapping;
KEY ONSONGLOAD
effect_active 'loop roll' off

发表时间 Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 12:28 pm
locodog wrote :
missed the above post, yes for me the loop roll fx should monitor for load_pulse and always turn itself off as I can't think any good use to keep the position of a track no longer on deck. However the fix is an easy one for users.
I put this script on my keyboard mapping;
KEY ONSONGLOAD
effect_active 'loop roll' off

Thank you very much!

I know this is not part of this forum (I couldn't find a stems forum) , but could you help me with this problem?

I use a numark party mix and like to stream my sets, but because I have a dainty old laptop, Virtual DJ keeps resetting my eqs (changing the contol settings to disabled) to basic functions for some reason while im live. This is a rather big problem as I have set my eqs to help me blend songs together. I think if a code is implemented it might stop the glitch.

here is my current settings:
GAIN : EQ high
EQ_HIGH : eq high & eq mid
EQ_LOW : eq_low_freq

What I would like:

Gain : isolates vocals and mutes all other stems
Eq_high: mutes all vocals and doesnt mute any other stems par vocals

In a nutshell I woudl like the EZremix settings but with eq mid and low set to my eq and the settings high set to my gain

Thank you much mate, you really are a life saver

Cheers,
Conor

发表时间 Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 3:59 pm
Not 100% but a dainty machine probably won't cut it, streaming takes a chunk of power and stems they take a hard chunk too. I can't remember if this is true [or maybe I dreamt it (not the first time) ] , but I believe if stems push a machine too hard, stems get disabled [because a crash is to be avoided at all costs]
Just the nature of progress, if you're running a lesser machine then you've got to hit optimisation hard [like the early DVS days] but at some point you've got to remember the words of
uss starship enterprise: Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott
"I cannot change the laws of physics, Captain! ... "

A question is how is performance without streaming?
If that's good, kill every service & process you can and try stream, but you're only buying time till a new machine is needed

发表时间 Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 4:36 pm
As much as i highly respect that reference, I just would like to try with a raw script :)

发表时间 Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 6:07 pm
Don't get me wrong, I like to keep an old machine going [had an average 2007 machine still going in 2015] but I just gave you a machine test, if it fails that then
Dr. McCoy
"He's dead, Jim."

but that said, give your machine specs, maybe it is close enough with tweaks, but test first.

@devs I know "bench mark" is using it, but could there be a "stand alone" bench mark, a definitive line in the sand?

发表时间 Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 7:39 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)