快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: virtual dj platter control delay.

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

This problem apply to a few different setups I have.

Problem:

From the moment I press play on VDJ 7 or 8. The song and platter start instantly. The ability to control the song on the platters within 3 sec of the start of the song is the problem. After three seconds I can move the platter in accordance to the song playing. But for that 3 sec I can move the platters in any which way and it doesn't respond u till that 3 seconds is up. Makes it hard to mix on the fly. It only happens when you stop and start a song. I have tried multiple gear and computers. This problem does not occur with same gear while using Serato DJ. Only Virtual DJ. Here is a gear list.

Computers that have been tested.

13 inch Mac book Pro
I5 2.5ghz 4Gb ram 250gb SSD

17.5 inch Hp dv7-4286x
i5 2.5ghz 6gb ram 1tb hybrid drive

Gear:

Ns7

Ns7 2

I have tried all combinations of this gear with this problem. The only difference is with the NS7 and the HP once you rescan for new devices the problem will correct itself.

Please help. Thanks.

发表时间 Wed 11 Jun 14 @ 10:04 pm
Hi reference your platter issues, this will probably done to your midi controller vs latency. I would first of all check if your midi controller has an update system which you can download, Denon do this & I had to update my Denon MC6000 when I had latency issues after a windows update (yes I know I am on a mac thread) I am now using both MAC & PC with no issues. The other thing is that if you are being locked out of control of your midi controller, it could be down to resources, or buffering issues. Check RAM, Virtual Memory & reduce resources down to minimum, also switch off wifi, bluetooth & network cards, this always improves performance. In regards to the buffering issues, check your settings and see if you can see anything that is either enabled or disabled that resembles latency, you may want to reset to default & tweak latency & platter response settings. I hope this helps PM me if you need to troubleshoot further.

发表时间 Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 4:10 am
Looking at your thread in more details, I can see that there are obvious issues around RAM, you need to upgrade to around 16gb for a vast improvement, visit crucial.com or such like and use their "find my ram" utility to get your correct ram for your machine. v8 needs more RAM. Also you have way to much going on with multiple machines, software etc, simplify down & use only for gigging & have a second machine for iNet, SMS, iTunes, DMX Lighting, that is what I do and it works great. Like I said PM me if you need to

发表时间 Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 4:13 am
This is not an issue of ram or system resources, I too have the NS7 and it does it too. I have to re-apply the NS7 in the settings then restart vdj for the platters to respond instantly.

发表时间 Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 10:32 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)