快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Mapping MC6000mk2 issue ....

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

mcs1234PRO InfinityMember since 2010
V7.04 Pro here. Attempting to use new mk2 with my VDJ. Downloaded "Controller" map for it.
Controller seems to ignore crossfader, even though its position shows on screen. Play song on 1, song plays. Load song on 2, it plays, regardless of crossfader position.
Using "Condensed, 2-deck skin". Using ASIO driver, Master: Chan 1/2.
Any clues?

发表时间 Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 5:51 am
Another fun fact ... both decks will play to the Master regardless of crossfader position;
If you toggle the "thru" switches for 1 and 2 to "thru", then back again to their proper position (L and R), the crossfader will behave properly, but only for the current session. Re-start the program and it messes up again...
???

发表时间 Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 9:35 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Normally, when the MC6000MK2 gets connected, it reports the position of the mixer faders, including the crossfader assigns.
So, when a crossfader assign is at the LEFT or RIGHT position, the corresponding led on the MIXER panel (next to the crossfader) should light up and the same led on the skin should be off if the position is at THRU.
However, i am not sure if this behavior is available for the 2 decks skins, as the MC6000MK2 is a 4 deck one. Can you check if this behavior is present on 4 deck skins and if the sliders and X-fader switchers report their initial positions ?

发表时间 Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 5:57 am
Thanks for responding! This is so weird. The mk2 is reporting the gain, eq, volume, and crossfader position, and all controls respond to movement. I tried a 4-deck skin ...

Same behavior. Decks 1 and 2 are recognized, but in the pic, BOTH decks are playing to the Master, even though the crossfader is pushed left. I've made no changes to the "factory" ONINIT mapping line, since it appears 3124 is actually what I want. Using the new ASIO driver with "Headphones" and Master: 1/2 + Headphones 3/4.

I cannot gig with this until I can get this figured out PLUS one other bug: The Mic to Post feature doesn't work. On mk1 these were separate buttons, but in mk2 they combined the 'Ducking' and 'Mic to Post' features, making you {Shift}-Ducking to send Mic audio to the Post speakers. It doesn't work, and for those of us who sometimes use the Booth send for another set of speakers, we need the Mic to work in those..

Thanks sooo much for your response. Love the mk2, but gotta stick with my mk1 until I can trust it ... and I don't want to buy Serato, which it seems this thing is geared for...

发表时间 Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 8:38 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Has this been resolved yet?

发表时间 Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 2:29 pm
Hi. Sort of. It involves the positioning of the THRU switches on the front. On my mk1, I use T-L-R-T, so that my center 2 channels are for VDJ activity, and the outer 2 can be two independent external devices (CDJ's etc) which will function regardless of the crossfader position. I had hoped the mk2 would function similarly, but it does not.
T-L-R-T will cause the crossfader to not work properly and demontrate the behavior I reported above. What I discovered was that the switches have to be set L-L-R-R. In that position, the crossfader works properly for VDJ activity, and will also allow the use of the external channels, but ONLY if the crossfader is in the appropriate position (L or R) for those channels.
Not happy with that, but can try to make it work (haven't implemented the device yet). If you hear of a fix for that (mapping or otherwise) I'd love to hear it!
Doug

发表时间 Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 2:40 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I think that i may know whats going on, but can you check if you have the same issue with version 8 ?

发表时间 Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 3:41 pm
Can't go to 8 yet. I DJ some large "seasonal" venues and by VDJ's own recommendation (citing the stability of 7.x), I'm waiting till after my "season" this summer to switch over to 8. But if you have a hunch about what's going on with 7.x, pleeeez let me know.... Thanks.

发表时间 Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 4:01 pm
He's not asking you to switch to using 8 permanently, just to test your MC6000 with it. :-)

You can install 8 without disturbing anything in 7.

发表时间 Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 4:36 pm
Oh, ok. Thought it would clobber it.... :-)

发表时间 Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 4:39 pm
Nope - the 8 executable has a different name (and can be installed to a different dir if you pick advanced install) and the 8 database has a different name too.

All that happens is that 8 will read & import the 7 database, then create a new database file that doesn't disturb the old one.

发表时间 Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 5:13 pm
Yikes! Can't fully test. Installed 8. Load song to deck 1, and play. Sound is muffled beyond ability to actually recognize the song.
Load song on deck 2 to test crossfader; VDJ locks up and controls do nothing.
Can't report the result of that test till I can get two songs loaded up and attempt the crossfade using T-L-R-T.

发表时间 Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 7:57 am
So, DJDad ... you said you might know what's going on with my issue...
Couldn't test 8 because it crashed, but do you still have a clue on what might be going on in Version 7?
It's my last obstacle before implementing this thing....
Thanks!

发表时间 Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 8:05 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)