快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: They forgot us....

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Not everyone uses controllers. So again i'm going to ask.. How can i map the LEFT SHIFT, CTRL and ALT keys to work separate from those on the RIGHT side? In 7 they worked LEFT or RIGHT,now they work as one. CAN SOMEONE PLZ ASSIST ME?

发表时间 Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 9:45 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
To be honest, i had no idea that this was available in version 7.
But i gave it a try and both sides provide the same Key name. Can you please post here the section of your version 7 mapping file, where the different Keys for Left and Right are shown ?

发表时间 Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 10:01 pm
These keys serve a great purpose to me (only..lol)..so please see what you can do..thanks in advance

<map value="Shift" action="deck left play &amp; deck 1 hot_cue 1 &amp; crossfader 0% &amp; deck 1 volume 100% &amp; deck 1 level 100% &amp; deck 2 level 100%" />

<map value="Right Shift" action="deck right play &amp; deck 2 hot_cue 1 &amp; crossfader 100% &amp; master_volume 100% &amp; deck 1 level 100% &amp; deck 2 level 100%" />

<map value="Ctrl" action="hot_cue 2 &amp; deck 2 smart_cue off &amp; deck 1 smart_cue off &amp; effect all active toggle" />

<map value="Right Ctrl" action="deck 1 level 100% &amp; deck 2 level 100% &amp; headphone_mix 0% &amp; deck 1 delete_cue 2 &amp; deck 2 delete_cue 2" />

<map value="Alt" action="cue_play &amp; deck 2 smart_cue off &amp; deck 1 smart_cue off &amp; deck 1 level 100% &amp; deck 2 level 100%" />

<map value="Right Alt" action="deck 1 level -25% &amp; deck 2 level -25%" />

发表时间 Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 11:02 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You use single modifier keys for commands? Your wasting over 200 possible inputs (and that's just 2 button combos)

turn your
right shift to 'shift + /'
Right Ctrl to 'Ctrl + /'

The Right Alt key (Alt Gr) actually equals Ctrl+Alt

发表时间 Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 12:47 pm
Thanks. But in any case that's where my problem is.. In Version 8 they somehow lock those keys to work as one.. No more left and right.. Maybe it's something they simply over looked.. Would be very nice to have it back..

发表时间 Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 2:23 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Reported to Dev Team.

Btw, were you also able to map differently a key combination, based on which side the ALT, SHIFT, CTRL was pressed ?
E.g. :
CTRL-Right + A =action 1
and
CTRL-Left + A=action 2

发表时间 Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 6:03 am
I've just checked

Right CTRL+A =action 1
and
Left CTRL+A=action 2

Neither action worked

Right CTRL+A =action 1
and
CTRL+A=action 2

Both combinations resulted in action 2

Only Right CTRL on it's own will result in a independent action,

Right alt mapping can be fixed for V8 like so
<map value="Ctrl+Alt" action="deck 1 level -25% & deck 2 level -25%" />

发表时间 Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 7:31 am
8 is the first version that you CANNOT mapped those keys separate from their pairs on the opposite site of the keyboard. Thus my topic "they forgot about us." Not everyone uses controllers like i said before. I'm sure it might be an easy fix for the DEV TEAM but for me its busting my A**.
plz help and thanks.

发表时间 Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 12:11 pm
Like you I use keyboard only and I can't get over you use keys that can be combined, just for single commands.

You do realise the possibilities you're missing out on?
1 key with the modifiers gives 8 different commands.
X, Ctrl+X, Alt+X, Shift+X, Ctrl+Alt+X, Ctrl+Shift+X, Alt+Shift+X, Ctrl+Alt+Shift+X

Each to their own I suppose.

发表时间 Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 2:24 pm
Thanks for your suggestion Icon.. I play mostly hard-core dancehall.. Map N example for me with one key doing these functions..... Deck 1Play from cue point 1, master volume 100%, effects cancel, crossfader 0%, eq reset. Never too old to learn I say.

发表时间 Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 3:17 am
Inside VDJ that would be.

deck 1 hot_cue 1 & master_volume 100% & deck 1 effect_disable_all & deck 2 effect_disable_all & deck 3 effect_disable_all & deck 4 effect_disable_all & deck master effect_disable_all & crossfader 0% & eq_reset

Direct to the xml (everything is much the same except the "&" symbol is now replaced with "&amp;"

<map value="N" action="deck 1 hot_cue 1 &amp; master_volume 100% &amp; deck 1 effect_disable_all &amp; deck 2 effect_disable_all &amp; deck 3 effect_disable_all &amp; deck 4 effect_disable_all &amp; deck master effect_disable_all &amp; crossfader 0% &amp; eq_reset" />

发表时间 Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 3:53 am
Now you understand?

发表时间 Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 6:21 am
No, I'm confused, did you want, one big command like I did? or lots of small ones like.

<map value="N" action="deck 1 hot_cue 1" />
<map value="Ctrl+N" action="master_volume 100%" />
<map value="Ctrl+Shift+N" action=" deck 1 effect_disable_all" />
<map value="Ctrl+Alt+Shift+N" action=" eq_reset" />

发表时间 Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 12:09 pm
One key. Was trying to show you why my map looked like that Plus i never use combo keys. Dancehall djing is extremely fast. so the less keys to press and multiple functions per key is better. Anyways i really hope they fix it soon.

发表时间 Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 12:18 pm
Any news on that please? I'm sure it's a really quick fix for the dev team...

I am still using version 7 and I'm not really happy about that...

Many thanks!

发表时间 Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 7:43 pm

发表时间 Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 8:18 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)