快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: MC6000 Remapping FX Knobs Problems

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

MC6000 no longer has EFX1_LEFT and EFX1_RIGHT to map. It is now just EFX and whatever you do is duplicated onto the opposite side. This is no good. We need to be able to map things individually no matter how time consuming it is.

Also once I map a sample to a knob I expect it to turn on automatically when adjusted just like in V7. This no longer happens.

I am really glad V8 has improved quality :) but it has ruined my workflow! :(

Thanks in advance for any help.

发表时间 Tue 27 May 14 @ 3:00 am
But the new behaviour is the correct one. Duplicate elements on a controller has to have the same name. It's designed to be like that !

You already can use both sides different. This is just a small part of script:

device_side 'left' ? action for left knob : action for right knob

The reason why there should be only 1 name for identical elements is that you need to map only 1 volume fader to get all 4 working. The deck assignement is handled by VDJ internally so the Software knows which deck to control if you move a fader. If you make a definition with seperate names (wrong way) you had to define 4 seerate faders and it's much more scripting to get it to work.

Only in the special case you would like to do things seperate you need a small bit of code.

Greets, Heiko

发表时间 Tue 27 May 14 @ 3:19 am
Thanks for the quick response!

I want the EFX knobs on my mc6000 to be used as volume controls for samples 1-8. I don't use actual effects very often. It was easy in V7, just select the knob then select the sampler fader. Now if I put a sample on the first EFX_1 knob, the one on the right does the same sample.

So what would be the proper VDJscript?

发表时间 Tue 27 May 14 @ 6:55 am
Try this (untested):

Knob1
device_side 'left' ? deck 1 sampler_volume : deck 5 sampler_volume

Knob2
device_side 'left' ? deck 2 sampler_volume : deck 6 sampler_volume

Knob3
device_side 'left' ? deck 3 sampler_volume : deck 7 sampler_volume

Knob4
device_side 'left' ? deck 4 sampler_volume : deck 8 sampler_volume

Greets, Heiko

发表时间 Tue 27 May 14 @ 7:09 am
From my understanding, you want the knob to control the volume and sampler with no other buttons needed? This has been tested on mc6000 minutes ago and works:
the one thing to remember is the the 5th - 8th sampler slots will be activated if it is occupied. Otherwise, it will activate the 1st - 4th slot.

EFX 1(Activates 1st and 5th):
sampler_volume 1 & sampler_play 1 & param_smaller 1% ? sampler_stop 1

EFX 2 (activates 2nd and 6th):
sampler_volume 2 & sampler_play 2 & param_smaller 1% ? sampler_stop 2

EFX 3 (activates 3rd and 7th):
sampler_volume 3 & sampler_play 3 & param_smaller 1% ? sampler_stop 3

EFX 4 (activates 4th and 8th):
sampler_volume 4 & sampler_play 4 & param_smaller 1% ? sampler_stop 4

Hope this helps... lmk

发表时间 Tue 27 May 14 @ 9:36 pm
Hey there! Thanks I got everything working right with the last solution you gave me. The banks are changing nicely as well when I press SAMPLE too B-)

I was also wondering is it possible to then switch the knobs to from SAMPLE to EFX functions by selecting the SAMPLE & EFX page buttons and what would be the appropriate coding?

I am basically trying to get the MC6000 to have the same flexiblity as the MC3000 has with the sample/efx knobs so I have best of both worlds.

Massive thankyou btw! Really loving V8 now!

发表时间 Wed 28 May 14 @ 2:09 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)