快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Pioneer DDJ-WeGO and DDJ-WeGO2 advanced configuration questions

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Greetings, I recently picked up a WeGO to practice on and quickly realized that it's a tight little piece of kit. I found that it needs a little remapping to get it to my liking and most of that is self-explanatory but some things are not. I wanted to start a post that I can add too as questions arise. My normal rig is a Denon MC3000 that I have remapped thanks to the helpful people in these forums so I have experience with mapping.

Off the top, I took advantage of the fact that the WeGO has dedicated Hi, Mid, and Low knobs by re-mapping the Mid to adjust the low frequency and freeing up the Low knob for the awesome sounding QB Filter by using this command which I used to replace the default VDJ filter on my MC3000 . . .

effect 'qb_filter' slider 1 0% & effect 'qb_filter' slider 2 75% & effect 'qb_filter' slider 3 & param_equal 50% ? effect 'qb_filter' active off : effect 'qb_filter' active on

I never touch the Mid knob when I'm mixing so that seemed like an easy compromise and although the default WeGO filter sounds nice, I really love to wang that QB Filter when I'm mixing so I have to have it too. I'm offering that solution up for anyone who may find it useful.

I also remapped the Sync button to a vinyl brake (BrakeStart) since I like to beatmatch manually. I'm mostly here to ask about how to remap the button to the left of FX1 called CTRLA. By default, it's some kind of key changer that I will never use. The button to the right of the FX buttons, CTRLB, is actually a nice sounding filter that I'll keep but I want to remap that CTRLA button for sure. By default, when you press the CTRLA (and CTRLB) buttons, the effects are active AND the platter actually changes an effect parameter (or slider? I'm guessing slider 1). Problem is that in each case when I have VDJ displaying the Effects view, those two buttons don't seem to trigger an effect, though I plainly hear them. For contrast, the FX1, 2, and 3 buttons trigger effects that I both hear and see as active on the Effects display of VDJ. Getting back to the CTRLA button, I'm thinking I'd like to map it to a flanger with maybe a set delay slider while using the platter to control the volume slider which is slider 2 on my favorite flanger effect. I don't want to mess it up though.

Anyone have a suggestion? I've never mapped anything where the platter controls an effect slider so this is new territory for me. I've uploaded a picture of the WeGO layout in case it's useful.

Peace

发表时间 Tue 15 Apr 14 @ 9:07 pm
CTRLA changes the musical key of the song. That's a native feature. That's why you don't see an effect activated.
Same rule applies for CTRLB. It controls the native filter of the program.

You can remap the button, but please take into consideration that you will have to also remap the jog accordingly.

The elements you need t change are:

FX1, LED_FX1, JOG_FX1, LED_JOG_FX1

发表时间 Wed 16 Apr 14 @ 2:50 pm
Thank you for your reply. I dug into the map and it looks like these are the 3 keys associated with the CTRLA button along with what they do.

FX1
Action - var "fxKey" 1 ? key 0 & set "fxKey" 0 : set "fxKey" 1 & touchwheel_touch off

LED_FX1
Action - var "fxKey"

JOG_FX1
Action - key_smooth

My goal is to remap to a flanger with the Delay slider set to where it is in the attached pic while using the jog to adjust the second "volume" slider. What do you suggest? I've never mapped jogs for anything before so I'm afraid of messing this up.

发表时间 Fri 18 Apr 14 @ 2:01 pm
I forgot one . . .

LED_JOG_FX1
Action - key

发表时间 Sat 19 Apr 14 @ 10:21 am
Please. Any suggestion would be awesome!!

发表时间 Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 9:12 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)