快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Gain Knob: Set Maximum Level

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

ClayDJPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I have a controller (Denon 3900) in which I use a knob (with start/stop endpoints) to adjust the gain of the track (which is working fine).
Some of my tracks are louder than others. I would therefore like the gain knob to adjust the track level only up to a certain maximum db level (from no audio to a custom set maximum level). When the gain knob is full CW, I would like the maximum track level set at whatever db level I have it set for, and full CCW, I would like no sound.
I have tried using the set_gain command with no luck: 'set_gain -10 & play_pause'.

Would I also need to adjust the 'auto gain' tab in the options menu which is currently set for auto +remember? (I have previously tried disabling 'auto gain' with no luck).

Please let me know how to achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

发表时间 Fri 28 Feb 14 @ 11:23 am
After some experimentation, this is what seems to work for the knob string:
'gain & param_greater 50% & param_smaller 100% ? set_gain -6'
Using the above string, the knob will have normal gain until it reaches 50%, and when the knob is above 50%, the output will stay locked at -6db.

In options, I have also set gain to 'remember'. This way VDJ will remember the -6db level I previously played the track at, and will automatically set the -6db level when I play it again.

I don't know if this is the most efficient way to do this, and I'm still tweaking it, but it is doing what I want right now.
If there is a more efficient way to write the string, please let me know.

Claydj

发表时间 Mon 03 Mar 14 @ 2:53 pm
It's a miracle if the above script works.
Anyway, the correct way is:

gain & param_greater 50% ? set_gain -6

发表时间 Mon 03 Mar 14 @ 6:30 pm
Thanks George, that works great!

发表时间 Tue 04 Mar 14 @ 2:21 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)