快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: One Controller Great, Two Controllers Crash

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

ClayDJPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Happy New Year to All!
I have two Denon 3900’s and a HP Laptop with 8MB RAM, i5, VDJ PRO 7.4.

When playing both 3900’s, VDJ will lock up (crash) after approximately six hours.
When VDJ crashes, the two 3900’s will continue to run and play, but the VDJ UI platters will stop, waveform stops, and no audio.

If only one 3900 is connected, it will run continuously for hours with no problems.
I tested the USB ports by playing a single 3900 for hours in all of the various USB ports with no problems.

The laptop has been fully optimized and works great with VDJ otherwise. Exclusive Mode has been disabled for all USB ports.

What would cause one 3900 to work great, but two 3900’s to cause VDJ to lockup after just a few hours?

Thanks in advance,
Claydj

发表时间 Wed 01 Jan 14 @ 9:25 pm
My suspicion would be that it's platter related. I wonder, would it happen if your platters were turned off?

VDJ doesn't work properly with Denon HS-5500s either. When the platters are on, VDJ audio is badly affected.

发表时间 Thu 02 Jan 14 @ 7:30 am
Yup same here Groovin, just really noticed it last night when doing some slow drags. I'll just stick with timecodes.

Sorry wasn't trying to hijack the thread.

发表时间 Thu 02 Jan 14 @ 10:33 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I use 2 x 3900s myself and haven't experienced this.

发表时间 Thu 02 Jan 14 @ 10:55 am
You're not using the 3900s audio interface though, are you (IIRC)?

ClayDJ, what's your setup exactly? Timecode/MIDI/Hybrid etc.

发表时间 Thu 02 Jan 14 @ 11:26 am
Good point, no, I don't use the 3900 soundcards - I've never managed to get 10 minutes out of them reliably!

发表时间 Thu 02 Jan 14 @ 12:55 pm
Thanks for the feedback guys.
I'm using MIDI, 2-3900's, Win 7 Enterprise, i5, HP Lappy, 8GB RAM, Optimized, VDJ 7.4.
I am using the 3900 soundcard in each unit for audio.

Using both controllers, the setup plays great for about six hours then freezes. 3900 platters continue to rotate but everything in VDJ stops including audio. Thought I had a USB port problem but each individual 3900 plays continuously for at least 18 hours with no issues in any of the USB ports.

I have to reboot VDJ in order to start it again. Also, the 3900's will not respond to Windows so that I can "safely to remove USB device" command, so I just unplug the USB cables and also reboot the laptop.

Grrovin, I will test without the platters rotating and post results.

Beatbreaker, I would not mind using timecode but I need to use some custom midi buttons.

SBDJ, what are you using now instead of the 3900 cards?

Thanks again for the input guys.
ClayDJ

发表时间 Sat 04 Jan 14 @ 7:35 am
Just did some more testing (thanks for the suggestion Groovin!).
VDJ still crashes when the 3900's are in the CD mode (3900 non rotating platters).

This time though when VDJ crashes, the VDJ waveform continues to move, but the VDJ UI platters are frozen as well as audio only from deck 2. Neither of the controller buttons work after VDJ freezes.
Even though VDJ's waveform continues to move, the 3900's track advance progress LED's bar is frozen.

Any ideas?
ClayDJ

发表时间 Sat 04 Jan 14 @ 11:44 am
Are these both using USB 2 ports, not USB 3?

Have you tried using a powered hub for one or both 3900s? Maybe it's a "not enough current" issue with the laptop.

Have you spoken to Denon about it? (although they'd probably just ask if you had the latest firmware!)

发表时间 Sat 04 Jan 14 @ 12:04 pm
Using 2.0 USB ports.
Tried using a powered hub with just one and also both controllers, same issue.
Latest Denon/ASIO software installed.

I'll also have to check on the DenonDJ forums to see what they say.
May also try an external sound card and see if problem continues.
ClayDJ

发表时间 Sat 04 Jan 14 @ 1:01 pm
Are you getting anything written to your Windows system error log(s) at the time of the freeze?

发表时间 Sat 04 Jan 14 @ 2:33 pm
Windows error logs shows up clean (no problems).

发表时间 Sat 04 Jan 14 @ 3:05 pm
When VDJ freezes/crashes, can you get to config/mappers and click rescan for new devices ?

发表时间 Sat 04 Jan 14 @ 3:12 pm
Oops, spoke too soon Groovin. After further evaluation I did find errors in the log under "Errors-application hang".
There it displayed: "VDJ 7.0.14 stopped interacting with windows and was closed".
It also displayed a process ID, start time termination time,application path and a report ID number with links to more detailed info.

Unless you know this stuff well, I'll send the info in to the VDJ Support, and/or Dennon Support so that they can decipher it.
If you can figure out the info, let me know and I'll post it.

If you know of anything obvious to look for in the error log then please let me know.

I'll post when I get more info.

Thanks again,
Clay

发表时间 Sat 04 Jan 14 @ 3:27 pm
No, that's beyond me. Send it to the Atomix guys.

发表时间 Sat 04 Jan 14 @ 4:09 pm
I'm using my X1600 soundcard, which as a bonus gives me more channels. Frankly I'm amazed you're getting such good luck with the 3900 sound cards, I haven't had any success with them at all with v7. In my tests with them I was getting audio issues within minutes.

Try a different soundcard as a test for me please.

发表时间 Mon 06 Jan 14 @ 2:25 am
Good call Scott +1!

For testing, I chose to do the nuclear option.
I wiped my hard drive clean and reinstalled the OS, the latest drivers, VDJ, and Denon Asio.
I then played both 3900's, and after 4 to 6 hours VDJ crashed as mentioned in the above posts.

I then used a cheapo SoundboxPro sound card which I had laying around, and played the 3900's for 12 hours straight with no issues. To confirm, I also ran the setup for 24 hours straight with no issues.

Obviously using both the internal 3900 Asio sound card together with VDJ has some stability issues.

I will now invest in a higher quality sound card. Since I need 8 channels, I think I may move up to the Focusrite 18i8 interface.
If there are any other suggestions, then please post.

Thanks everyone for your help and input.

发表时间 Sun 12 Jan 14 @ 7:48 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)