快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: DDJ SX problem with fader mapping

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I have the latest mapper for the DDJ SX.

I did not change or do anything to virtual dj or my PC.

For some reason when I put the crossfader to the right completely it puts deck 1 back to the start of the track or the first cue point. Like I said I did not change any setting in virtual dj or to the mapping. I am wondering what the problem may be?

发表时间 Mon 30 Dec 13 @ 6:59 pm
try mapping "fader_start off" to a key on your keyboard and pressing it, or check that you don't have the fader start effect active, if it's the mapping you can add that bit in quotes to your ONINIT in the list of available controls in the mapper so it de-activates fader_start every time your controller connects... I'm not sure if fader_start is deck specific, if it is use the following line instead:

deck 1 fader_start off & deck 2 fader_start off & deck 3 fader_start off & deck 4 fader_start off

发表时间 Mon 30 Dec 13 @ 9:10 pm
Fader start is deck spesific. However DDJ SX features it's own fader start so I'm pretty sure that if this is the default mapper there's no command on the <ONINIT> segment relative to it.

Software fader start might be a clue here, but I think it doesn't get affected by the crossfader.

发表时间 Mon 30 Dec 13 @ 11:17 pm
The fader mappings are:

SHIFT_FADER_START_CUE = get decks 2 ? action_deck 1 ? var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : cue_stop : action_deck 2 ? var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : cue_stop : nothing : var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : cue_stop

SHIFT_FADER_START_PLAY = get decks 2 ? action_deck 1 ? var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : play : action_deck 2 ? var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : play : nothing : var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : play

SHIFT_FADER_START_SYNC = get decks 2 ? action_deck 1 ? var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : sync : action_deck 2 ? var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : sync : nothing : var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : sync

It could also be:

CF_ASSIGN_A = get decks 2 ? action_deck 1 ? var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : cross_assign 'left' : action_deck 2 ? var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : cross_assign 'left' : nothing : var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : cross_assign 'left'

CF_ASSIGN_B = get decks 2 ? action_deck 1 ? var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : cross_assign 'right' : action_deck 2 ? var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : cross_assign 'right' : nothing : var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : cross_assign 'right'

发表时间 Mon 30 Dec 13 @ 11:22 pm
SHIFT_FADER_START_CUE = nothing

SHIFT_FADER_START_PLAY = nothing

SHIFT_FADER_START_SYNC = nothing

that should fix it..

发表时间 Mon 30 Dec 13 @ 11:43 pm
NO NO and NO

You should NOT mess around with these parts of the mapper. Just check what's on the CROSSFADER entry, and on the ONINIT entry.

Also you should try to map a keyboard shortcut to what Synthet1c said above and press it once:

deck 1 fader_start off & deck 2 fader_start off & deck 3 fader_start off & deck 4 fader_start off

发表时间 Mon 30 Dec 13 @ 11:57 pm
Well I am not sure why it is doing it in the first place and also it is not doing it anymore.

I checked the mapper and it does not have any "ONINIT" location present.

The crossfader curve is mapped to "crossfader_curve".

I will try what synthetic said if it happens again...

发表时间 Tue 31 Dec 13 @ 1:00 am
you shouldn't need to do the above suggestion if it works. from the look of it the SX probably has a switch to change the modes, but I would open the xml file in notepad, press [ctrl + f] type "fader_start" in the box and see if it is something in the mapping that turns fader_start on and off, if it come's up with any results delete that node so it doesn't do it again... I never updated to the latest version so I only have phantom's mapper on my system so I can't check for you unfortunately..

if you want to add ONINIT select "new" at the bottom of the list of available controls then at the top right side of the mapper near the "key learn" button you will see a dropdown menu.. select ONINIT from that then you can paste the script in the "action box".

发表时间 Tue 31 Dec 13 @ 1:09 am
PS:

The "SHIFT_FADER_START_CUE", "SHIFT_FADER_START_PLAY" & "SHIFT_FADER_START_SYNC" are hardware MIDI commands that will ONLY kick in if you hold down the SHIFT button when you move the VOLUME faders.

So, if you hold down SHIFT and move a volume fader down to 0 then YES, the corresponding deck will perform a "cue_stop" command.
On the other hand if you hold down SHIFT and move a volume fader from 0 to any positive value, the deck will perform a "play" command.

@lee_eather: Is there any chance you were holding down the SHIFT button when you moved your volume faders ?

发表时间 Tue 31 Dec 13 @ 1:18 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
PS:

The "SHIFT_FADER_START_CUE", "SHIFT_FADER_START_PLAY" & "SHIFT_FADER_START_SYNC" are hardware MIDI commands that will ONLY kick in if you hold down the SHIFT button when you move the VOLUME faders.

So, if you hold down SHIFT and move a volume fader down to 0 then YES, the corresponding deck will perform a "cue_stop" command.
On the other hand if you hold down SHIFT and move a volume fader from 0 to any positive value, the deck will perform a "play" command.

Ahh sorry, should have realised they were shift commands.

PhantomDeejay wrote :
@lee_eather: Is there any chance you were holding down the SHIFT button when you moved your volume faders ?

No I was definitely not holding down shift and I can not think of anything I have done to Virtual DJ or to my PC that would cause such behavior.

发表时间 Tue 31 Dec 13 @ 3:21 pm
Just to report as well, when I was using the DDJ SX at A random given time the crossfader started working as the PFLs. When I had the crossfader to the left it would play the left deck out of the channel 1 PFL and when to the right it would play the right deck out of the channel 2 PFL and when in the middle play both. I thought this was very strange. Never thought this would happen.

If anyone wants the code I can get that from the mapper. I searched crossfader and it only came up as "crossfader_curve" and "crossfader_slider" and that was it.

I am using the jpboggis mapper.

发表时间 Sat 04 Jan 14 @ 8:59 pm
it sounds defective. open miditrace move the crossfader from one side to the other , it will spit out numbers. what you are looking for is any changes to the second set of numbers. here is some numbers from my VCI-400

B0 14 43 00
B0 14 3F 00
B0 14 3B 00

all your concerned with are the red numbers as that is the midi address of your control. If that changes you have multiple messages firing. Unfortunately as the definition is native we can't look at it, so again you will need to contact support so they can check it for any errors. other than that try downloading again your firmware and reinstalling.

发表时间 Sat 04 Jan 14 @ 11:38 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If the Master Output is working fine, then most likely you have turned the Headphones _Mix knob to Mix position (100%). On that position, you would hear on Headphones, exactly what the Master outputs, so moving crossfader would behave as described.

发表时间 Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 12:23 am
djdad wrote :
If the Master Output is working fine, then most likely you have turned the Headphones _Mix knob to Mix position (100%). On that position, you would hear on Headphones, exactly what the Master outputs, so moving crossfader would behave as described.

Damn, your smarter than I think I am. I remember doing that.

发表时间 Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 12:33 am
While I am here in this thread I might say that I want to remap the PFL to behave differently.

As I have no clue on when the mapping gets technical I was wondering if some one can help me.

Maybe synthetic can.

<map value="PFL" action="get decks 2 ? action_deck 1 ? var &apos;hwmixer&apos; ? nothing : pfl : action_deck 2 ? var &apos;hwmixer&apos; ? nothing : pfl : nothing : var &apos;hwmixer&apos; ? nothing : pfl" />

This is the current one.

When I load a track to a deck the PFL engages and this only happens if one of the PFL lights 'cues' is on, and if there is two or more on then it wont PFL the track souly by itself.

I want to be able to have it mapped so, when I load a track no matter what tracks are PFL'ed, cued in the headphones when the track is loaded to the deck it is souly PFL'ed.

Hope that makes sense.

发表时间 Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 12:52 am
To achieve what you want you must modify your LOAD buttons, and not your PFL buttons.
Your PFL buttons behave this way because you have the auto-headphones option enabled in general settings.
However auto-headphones works only if a single deck is on PFL.

To achieve what you want you must modify your load buttons so that they
a) load the deck and
b) select ONLY the particular deck for PFL.

To do so:

get decks 4 ?
action_deck 1 ? deck 1 load & deck 1 pfl 1 & deck 2 pfl 0 & deck 3 pfl 0 & deck 4 pfl 0 :
action_deck 2 ? deck 2 load & deck 1 pfl 0 & deck 2 pfl 1 & deck 3 pfl 0 & deck 4 pfl 0 :
action_deck 3 ? deck 3 load & deck 1 pfl 0 & deck 2 pfl 0 & deck 3 pfl 1 & deck 4 pfl 0 :
action_deck 4 ? deck 4 load & deck 1 pfl 0 & deck 2 pfl 0 & deck 3 pfl 0 & deck 4 pfl 1 :
nothing :
get decks 2 ?
action_deck 1 ? deck 1 load & deck 1 pfl 1 & deck 2 pfl 0 :
action_deck 2 ? deck 2 load & deck 1 pfl 0 & deck 2 pfl 1 :
nothing

发表时间 Tue 07 Jan 14 @ 8:17 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
To achieve what you want you must modify your LOAD buttons, and not your PFL buttons.

I realized this after I posted.

Bamm it worked.

Thanks for your help phantomdeejay, your a champ.

发表时间 Wed 08 Jan 14 @ 5:21 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)