快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Video stutter, choppy, freeze

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I run a hp pavilion dv7 w/intel i3 cpu 2.27Ghz, 4GB ram, video adaptors ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 and Intel(R) HD graphics. Avail memory 2202MB, dedicated mem of 512MB1tb main hard drive w/1tb 2nd drive.

I have tried everything in the book on google, Virtual DJ Forum and Contacting VDJ tech support with no luck.

Here is my problem - This comp was working great playing videos on VDJ until my main hard drive quit. I replaced it with a new 1TB hard drive at local comp repair store. Fresh install window 7. Now when I play videos thru VDJ about 1/2 way thru video starts to freeze, stutter get choppy, and progressively gets worse with no effect on audio till the video goes to change to next one then audio stutters also. Next video will run good till about 1/2 way and start same thing.

Note my video on Karma Karaoke works great, video on ITunes works great. Like I said I have tried everything possible to fix. this is really hurting my playing 5 nights a week. Can someone help????????

发表时间 Fri 27 Dec 13 @ 2:19 pm
I wanted to add my present VDJ version is 7.4.1 B482. Not sure what version I was running prior to replacing hard drive.

I did at same time got forced to get a new laptop w/window 8 and load VDJ on it to get me thru till other comp was back running and the video on that comp is even worse than this one. I will concentrate on getting this one fixed first and then worry about other one.

I have made changes within VDJ, run registry tool and made adjustment, made adjustments in Bios, updated drivers. etc etc etc.

Thanks for any help anyone can lend.

发表时间 Fri 27 Dec 13 @ 2:33 pm
Has anyone run Virtual DJ on a Alienware 18? I just purchased one and hope I did not make an expensive mistake. But all reviews and specs look out of this world (pun intended)

发表时间 Fri 27 Dec 13 @ 5:27 pm
I have 3 laptops (HP DV6, Samsung R582, and Toshiba Satellite L-755) and all have issues playing video except the Samsung which has issues playing audio (songs stopping, or freezing) Can you recommend a laptop that can handle playing music videos, mainly from Promo Only. My Toshiba worked great for about 2 years then all of a sudden started having issues like stuttering and freezing.

发表时间 Sun 26 Jan 14 @ 6:43 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
For videos you need a laptop with a dedicated video card and mininum 1 GB RAM ( 2 is recommended).
That's probably your problem with videos (just checked your toshiba and it says HD grafics, which is just a onboard grafic chip)

Take a look at the requirements here:

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/index.html

发表时间 Mon 27 Jan 14 @ 6:26 am
Please ensure that each laptop is optimised for DJ performance: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Performance%20Issues.html

In particular, if a laptop that was working OK before has suddenly started having issues, then this may be due to changes that have been recently made to it (Such as installing software, driver updates, etc.) or it could be a heat issue (Laptop overheating - Check the cooling fan is still working OK and is not clogged up with dust. Make sure that it also has adequate ventilation when in use (A laptop stand or cooler should help.))

If the laptop has dual video cards (Common on many recent laptops), make sure that you run VirtualDJ using the higher performance card: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/My%20video%20output%20runs%20slowly%20or%20is%20very%20choppy.html

发表时间 Mon 27 Jan 14 @ 6:32 am
I personally have now three laptops that have video stutter. 2 are HP's one windows 7, one windows 8 which I am going to change to windows 7. I recently purchased a Alienware 18 which has 16GB ram and dual video card with 2GB ram. I am still having the problem with stutter and also I can not turn on and of video without getting error in video driver message. I have been on the phone with tech support and had a "remote" session and they could not fix it. I was supposed to be contacted back by another tech and as of yet have not. I have been having this problem for a couple MONTHS now and am down to playing 1 video at a time and I have to shut VIRTUAL DJ down after each one and restart. I am looking into going with another DJ program unless someone can help me correct problem before I get money up!! I play 5 nights a week and this problem is CRIPPLING MY SHOWS.........!!!!!!!

发表时间 Mon 27 Jan 14 @ 11:35 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I'm using this laptop http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/S56CM/

with an i5, 8 GB RAM and a Geforce 740M (2 GB) and running win 8.1 at the moment.

So far, I had no problems playing video and CPU is at a level of 10 - 15 % max. (it gets temporarily higher while loading a video, but that's ok)

I know of others who use ASUS as well with no problems, so ASUS is my recomendation.

发表时间 Mon 27 Jan 14 @ 12:43 pm
The video error message is usually due to bad video drivers that incorrectly report available video memory. Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Video%20Memory%20Issue.html for some possible solutions.

If your computer has dual video cards, then stuttering/poor performance may be due to it running VirtualDJ on the lower performance card by default. Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/My%20video%20output%20runs%20slowly%20or%20is%20very%20choppy.html

Or this could be due to resizing or maximising the skin. This will commonly cause performance issues and high CPU usage depending on the 2D capabilities of your graphics card. Make sure that you use the skin at its correct native resolution.

As above, please also go through each step on http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Performance%20Issues.html if you have not already done so to ensure that your computer has been fully optimised for DJ performance. Just because you have a high-end system does not mean that it has been optimised for low-latency real-time audio/video mixing software such as VirtualDJ.

发表时间 Mon 27 Jan 14 @ 12:50 pm
I have been down every suggestion tweak and tried ALL the items on VDJ forum. like I said I did have a "remote" session with a VDJ tech and he couldn't figure it out. One of the HP's was working fine till main hard drive crashed and I had a new one installed and a fresh install of window 7 then it occurred on that pc. As for my video drivers - if you are familiar with Alienware Computers they are top of the line and video drivers are identical to my knowledge no way to tell if one is of lower quality. Specs are identical. I just spent $2600 on the Alienware and up until now I have run HP's with absolutely no problems. I have these pretty much set up and dedicated to DJing Very few if any other programs. Virtual DJ should not even make an Alienware 18 wake up......(just keep it from snoring). It has to be something simple but nothing seems to work or help.

I have stutter and error in video on windows 8 puter and only the video error on other 2. I need to get this Alienware working with VDJ soon or I will be forced to go elsewhere. Been having problems for months my DJing 5 nights a week is at risk. Not really happy with the way VDJ's tech support works.....Very time consuming and I just don't have it.

发表时间 Mon 27 Jan 14 @ 3:09 pm
I am having a hard time following what you are saying.

I can't really offer much of any ideas or suggestions with out actually knowing the models and exact specs of each of your machines.

For example if you have a dell inspiron e6500 and you tell me that it has 4 gigs. great. But if in reality the actual model number is say 6510 and it only came with 2 gigs of ram and you upgraded it. That is something That I would need to know, and the exact specs say of that ram. So it would be helpful to know what changes if any you made to the original stock system.

Also it might be helpful to know if you are trying to push this video via HDMI? or VGA or some other method. Though that shouldn't matter, the bottom line is the more details you give the better someone can help you. even the upgrades, or modifications that you made.

Also, with windows, once you have a good configuration and everything is working. Do not let windows update.. Just don't let it do it.

I have more than one laptop as well. I am a huge fan of Certain Dell series laptops for DJing and certain series of Toshiba series laptops for DJ with specific specs. Which sure they all see the internet from time to time, but not for web surfing or browsing. I have a different laptop for that.

Sorry that I can't be much of help. If you do respond to my post in the forum please send me an private message with a link to the thread. As It is difficult for me to check on threads I post in.

发表时间 Wed 29 Jan 14 @ 11:23 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)