快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Recording with VMS2 on VDJLE

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Yeah, so I've been all over the web as well as these forums, and I can't find anything that works. When recording mixes within VDJ, my practice cues bleed over into the recording and none of my EQing or fading is recorded either. In other words, VDJ is just recording two tracks ontop of each other. I know this is a configuration error, for I've read it numerous times. However, since I use VDJLE, I do not have the option to change my config via the program. So I tried Audacity, but it didn't recognize my mixer as a recording source. It kept telling me there was an input configuration error. I tried every possible combination of the input/output configurations in the program and none of them worked. In addition, I tried this with REAPER as well, with no luck. I have even tried fiddling with my playback/recording options in my PC's audio setup. Any solutions?

Also, here's what I'm working with: VMS2 mixer table connecting to a stereo via RCA cables. It is hooked up to my Gateway (unfortunately) laptop through one of the USB printer cables. And finally, I am using VDJLE.

发表时间 Thu 19 Dec 13 @ 12:04 pm
ROFLPIZZA wrote :
When recording mixes within VDJ

There's your problem. You're recording in VDJ - before the signal has reached the VMS2, where you do your mixing.

You need to record from the output of the VMS2.

发表时间 Thu 19 Dec 13 @ 12:39 pm
How does one do this, may I ask?

发表时间 Thu 19 Dec 13 @ 1:30 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012

发表时间 Thu 19 Dec 13 @ 2:08 pm
Ah. Yeah, I tried this a few times. That didn't work either. But I can try again.

发表时间 Thu 19 Dec 13 @ 2:32 pm
Still nothing. But then again, I'm not entirely sure as to what my REC IN for my PC would be. I used an RCA to AUX converter to plug it into my mic and headphone jacks. I feel like that's wrong, but there isn't anything else I could think of. I tried messing with it for a while again using this method and failed.

发表时间 Thu 19 Dec 13 @ 4:17 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
headphones is for a output signal, you need a input. if your system does not have a recIn just try the micIn. if you do so, keep in mind to controll the input mic level, cause lineIn signal from your controller has normally a higher/ stronger signal than a mic. make sure your mic input level is about -2 db and it will be fine...;-)

发表时间 Fri 20 Dec 13 @ 2:14 am
Aha! This worked! Thank you so much. I'd done this already, but when I tried it again after your suggestion, I realized that I was just dumb. I thought that even though I had my mixer plugged into my mic port, my laptop was still recording through its built-in mic. But no, it just sounded like a shitty mic recording because it was clipping so hard. But I fixed that. Thanks again!

发表时间 Fri 20 Dec 13 @ 10:54 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)