快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: In search of effect and script

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I saw a YouTube of a mix done with VDJ and he had a neat effect. I think he was using just mouse and keyboard. Either way thought it would be neat if I could map the volume of my rmx to something similar. What I want to do is find a good sounding effect with this.

Ex: I would like it to fade out sort of, with my volume fader's. If I start to lower the volume it would activate at say 90%. Maybe even just a loop would be fine. I think would be cool too if it could intensify as the volume gets lower. Any idea's?

Hope I explained it ok. Thanks.

发表时间 Tue 20 Aug 13 @ 11:18 pm
download my icon idj mapping, on the volume fader I have mapped noisebell and a roll, as you move the fader down it will increase the frequency of noisebell and shorten the loop size. Once you hit the bottom it will disengage the roll, but you need to go back to the top to turn off the noisebell from what I remember. I made it for an instant build up.

It should say "var 'something'" before the script, this is a shift, change it to whatever you like, but make sure you have something to turn your shift on. eg. "toggle 'someShift'"

If you still have the video in your history it would be better if you posted it though.

发表时间 Wed 21 Aug 13 @ 1:18 am
Ok tried looking for the video but no luck. I saw it briefly through my gaming console so no history. But this scripting language still looks very chinese to me. I definitely need to spend more time with it. Instead, what is the syntax for a shift button? Is it exactly toggle 'someShift'(tried one on top you gave but not working. mybe I used quotes wrong). Hoping to to use a knob(gain) to control loop and be able to shorten the loop as I turn knob. Is this easy and possible?

发表时间 Sat 24 Aug 13 @ 10:26 pm
the variable name's can be anything you like, "I was using 'something' and 'someShift' as a placeholder.

Essentially what you are doing when creating a shift in VDJ is declaring a variable and giving it a value. you can use the keywords 'set', 'toggle' or 'cycle' eg.

set 'yourShiftName' #
toggle 'yourShiftName'
cycle 'yourShiftName' #

with "set 'yourShiftName' 1" you set an absolute value with a number after it, although the number can be omitted if you are only using two states of the variable. If you only want a temporary shift while you hold the button this is the best method but you need to add "while_pressed" to the end. eg. "set 'yourShiftName' while_pressed"

with "toggle 'yourShiftName' you switch between a value of 1 and 0 "on and off".if you want to press a button and have the shift active on the first press and remain active until you press it again this is what you would use. The best use of this is if you had two layers that you wanted to access at different times.

with cycle 'yourShiftName' 4 you cycle between the values on each key press, for the example of 4 you would have the values 0, 1, 2, 3. This method is best if you want multiple layers to your controller. An example of this is on Serato controllers which have things like; hotcue, loop, looproll & sampler.

The last bit you need to know is that 'variables' are accessible on the deck they were activated, if you want a global variable that is accessible by all decks together you need to put a dollar sign before the name. eg. '$yourShiftName'

Now that you have a shift set you need to be able to query it and make a condition to have two options. The keyword you would use is "var" which is just telling VDJ that you want to query a variable. The syntax is as follows

var 'yourShiftName' ? action if true : action if false

what this is doing is asking if the variable has a value greater than zero, but you can also specify a number you are wanting in the case of having multiple values of the variable eg. "var 'yourShiftName' 3 ? action if true : action if false"

You can use a shift on anything you like; buttons, knobs, sliders, encoder, jogs, touchstrips, leds and anything that comes in the future.

To know the best way to map your gain knob I would need to know what type of control it is, encoders are easy, knobs are a little trickier but not that hard, just a little harder to explain.

发表时间 Sat 24 Aug 13 @ 11:24 pm
Well I didn't want to ask, but how do I know what kind of knob it is, lol? It's just a regular gain knob on my rmx. Doesn't seem to be anything special to it? Thanks for your help.

发表时间 Tue 03 Sep 13 @ 10:36 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)