快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Virtual Vinyl & Windows 8

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Can anyone help with simple step by step instructions, written or over the phone. Web site is not detailed enough to help me. I am not a computer expert but I can get stuff fixed and working on my own but to me the Virtual DJ site is not very user friendly and not step by step for idiots enough. I get the ASIO error and none of the site instructions help. when I plug in and set time code for two turn tables and mixer, the computer does not recognize and give me a virtual vinyl icon just the ASIO option and when you click apply you get error.

I downloaded the Virtual Vinyl disc that came with package and when you click on Virtual Vinyl icon it says Virtual Vinyl stopped working, so I registered my copy of V V on the site and downloaded it from there, it reads as the same version as my copy of CUE, and nothing still works, my assumption is that the disc id dated 2007 which is way before windows 8, but even after updating from site and opening CUE it still does not recognize the little box that plugs in via USB and still only give the ASIO option and again, the same problems, and again none of the help options on this site is helping me.

the guys at the music store I bought program from are all serrato experts and are kinda not much help when it comes to Virtual DJ. I have been using VD for many years and have spent a lot of money upgrading to turntable just to not be able to use them.

I guess the final question is, does Virtual Vinyl even work with windows 8 or do I need to return my copy to place of purchase?????????

HELP

发表时间 Thu 27 Jun 13 @ 7:06 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
DJ Hip Hop Cowboy wrote :
still does not recognize the little box that plugs in via USB and still only give the ASIO option ...

I think that is just a problem with the driver.
I assume you are running a 64bit Win 8, because 32bit Win there should be no problems with the driver.

Please do the following:

Download Windows 7 driver for your VV Box.
Now you have to deactive the windows driver signature enforcement. Otherwise you cannot install the drivers.

Here is a vid how to disable signature enforcement.

After that install your driver.
You should now be able to use your VV box.

发表时间 Fri 28 Jun 13 @ 7:59 am
djrcon1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
So does this mean that the VV box works with Windows 8 then? Can someone confirm? Looking at getting a new laptop and I need to know this is going to work.

Thanks.

发表时间 Sun 08 Sep 13 @ 2:34 pm
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I saw it as USB3.0 compatibility issue.
VV box being a USB2.0 doesn't always work on USB3 environment. It happen to me with my W8/64 system with all USB ports are 3.0.
In your system, look for a 2.0 port (no SS mark) and plug your VV box there.
If there's no USB2.0 port then try uninstalling the USB 3.0 extensible host controller so that all the USB3.0 ports will now act as USB2. Restart. This way you won't enjoy anymore the speed of 3.0 but at least this will give flexibility for backward USB compatibiliy.

发表时间 Mon 09 Sep 13 @ 1:10 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)