快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Headphone Cueing VMS 4.1

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Just started using the new controller (New for me). So far what I have figured out is great! Makes things super easy. However, for some reason I can't get my headphones to cue? I have the Controller setup to where Deck 1 & 4 are for Analog (Not using these right now) Deck 2 & 3 are my primary decks. Using the 2 deck skin in VDJ until I get better and have the need for the other 2 decks. Controller is also set to 4-out normal CF and Curve is centered. The only time I can get the song to Cue through my headphones is if i turn the knob towards the Cue/Mix. I have my Headphone knob turned all the way over to Cue and even when I hold the Cue button to listen and "Cue" the next song in I get nothing. Maybe I have something setup wrong. Thanks in advance.

发表时间 Sun 23 Jun 13 @ 2:22 pm
Also I am running the software in external mixer mode as well. Still haven't figure this out.

发表时间 Tue 02 Jul 13 @ 6:16 pm
This forum is for learning how beatmatch and make good sounding blends between tracks. Sounds like you are haveing hardware issues. Maybe you should ask in Hardware Technical Support Forum or ask a Moderator to move this post there. You might get a better response from someone that owns this unit.

发表时间 Wed 03 Jul 13 @ 1:49 pm
Thanks for the suggestion. Could a moderator move this post please?

发表时间 Wed 10 Jul 13 @ 8:37 am
Not sure what happened. I switched everything over to 8-out and the cueing started working. Switched it back to 4-out (to use until im ready to use all 4 decks) and it works there too. Thank you for all the help. I'm sure something I learned from here is what fixed the "problem"

发表时间 Mon 15 Jul 13 @ 6:41 pm
Well here is what someone needs to do if they are having issues with this one.
Just for who ever stumbles upon this thread and has the same problem as the answer was never provided.

Make sure your settings are as follows on front side view of deck ( Side where the head phone jack is located)

My settings in VDJ is

External Mixer

Asio Driver not the VSM 4.1 or vsm 4 just FYI!

These settings for the 2 deck option was given to me by a guy named Kevin @ American Audio. If you ever have serious problems this is the man you need to talk too. But sometimes getting ahold of the guy is a situation because (people know hes the best over there so he gets bombarded) Though I probably shouldn't have shared that knowledge..

Set all ch1-4 to USB (not required but hey these are my settings I have currently)

CF A set to 2
CF B set to 3

Set slider nob to 4 out

then to the ----- Right of all that junk you will see a knob that says Cue - Cue Mix - Master

You need to make sure that your Knob is set either on Cue or Cue mix. If it is pointing all the way on master.. Guess what NO audio will pipe through your head phone jack.

Now Here is the other thing. Their is one other knob that adjusts the volume to your head phones. make sure that is not on the minimum setting or else again you are not going to get anything out of your headphones.

On the top view (where jog wheel widgets are at)

You are going to notice above the volume adjuster sliders these wonderful toggle buttons labeled CUE. these buttons are your PFL which stands for Pre fade listen (this feature is also always found on mid level - high end mixing counsels (sound board where you would plug multiple inputs) , but not to be confused with dj mixing counsels.)

So your Cue button or PFL (pre fade listen) depending on other boards you may purchase in the future, may not say cue but PFL that is why i am stating this fact.

So to cue a deck to your head phones you will want to push this button till it lights up red.

Then push play on the deck you want to listen to. (main cross fader slider is not relivant to what you hear in your head phones)
If you want to listen to both decks simutaniously through your head phones then both Cue buttons for the decks in respects to the volume sliders are will need to be pushed. and need to be lit up red.

To remove a deck from your mix in your head phones simply push the PFL (cue) button again until it is no longer highlighted.

Then you should have audio directed towards your head phones.

There was some strange quirks with the vms 4.1 by the way. you might have to do a firm ware push upgrade. I know mine has the latest one as well.

Depending on how long your unit was stuck in a warehouse before coming to you you might have to get your hands on the firmware update.

Anyway Hope that helps you both out greatly.

Cheers!

发表时间 Tue 24 Sep 13 @ 2:30 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)