快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Which keys go together?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Does anyone know which songs of which keys can be mixed with each other?

发表时间 Fri 15 Mar 13 @ 10:28 am

发表时间 Fri 15 Mar 13 @ 10:33 am

发表时间 Fri 15 Mar 13 @ 10:47 am
It's not a rule, it's a guideline. You don't HAVE to mix in key. Nobody's forcing you!

You may find yourself in a situation where you have the ideal song to play next. You know it'll go down well - but it's in a key that doesn't "fit". Do you dump it and play another song just because it's in key, or do you forget about the key and play the track?

Answer: It's up to you.

The only time you really have to think about keys clashing is when you're mixing melodies, one over the other. If you mix with beats, the key doesn't matter. If you chop from one track to another, it doesn't matter. It only matters when two melodies are layered.

If you visit the Mixed In Key website, there's a "book" there which you can read online, called Beyond Beatmatching.

发表时间 Fri 15 Mar 13 @ 1:32 pm
I've been a DJ since 1984 and have never mixed in key. Use your ears!

发表时间 Fri 15 Mar 13 @ 8:35 pm
I bet you have - you just don't know it!

If you're using your ears, and thinking "these sound great together" then they probably are in key.

发表时间 Sat 16 Mar 13 @ 8:10 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
A lot of mixers, once they start using MIK, notice that they had been mixing along similar lines to what MIK suggests. I was shocked at how often I was doing it, once I started paying attention to it.

发表时间 Sat 16 Mar 13 @ 11:58 am
Following the generic guidelines if mixing in key is, presuming you use your ears for incorrect detected keys, a very safe way of making your mix sound smooth as if studio produced.

It gets to be extra fun if you experiment with key jumps, step up two tones so add some energy. Make sure not to mix the melody, that will sound like crap, but mixing drums over melody and than switching to the next will raise the energy allot..

Just know its safe, but dont let it keep you from experimenting!

发表时间 Tue 19 Mar 13 @ 5:40 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)