快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: What to mix?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

AlshhHome userMember since 2013
Having trouble to mix tracks .. I guess it's because im new but I dunno it just doesn't sound right!
I've been told that I should choose tracks to mix by their BPM but is this the only thing I should be looking for?
Im also having trouble to find the right parts to mix the two tracks so if you have any tips that might be usefull for me I'll appreciate it a lot !

Thanks!

发表时间 Sat 16 Feb 13 @ 7:52 am
If you're just starting out, try loading the same track on both decks and mixing back & forth between them.

That gives you the benefit that the BPMs are the same and the key is the same.

It will also allow you to practise things like phasing (where both tracks are running "on top of each other" and you adjust the BPM of one up and down very slightly) and mirroring (where one track is a set distance behind the other and you crossfade between them, repeating lyrics etc).

There are some posts in this forum area which go into more detail. Read those too! And of course, YouTube videos.

发表时间 Sat 16 Feb 13 @ 8:27 am
I would recommend that you choose 2 songs with exactly the same BPM and the same style (the only way to tell if its the same style is to listen to them) and try mixing them through the breaks. Mixing through the breaks is a great technique, and while it is easy, it's invaluable and many professional DJ's do it too! Anyways to break it down

Place the first song on deck A (left deck) and the next one on deck b (right deck). Place the crossfader all the way to the left and wait, when the break comes, play, beatmatch (Sync button) and turn the bass down in song B. when that is done, bring the crossfader slowly to the middle and turn song B's bass up while you turn song A's bass down (Far easier with a controller, Or if you grab a copy of VirtualDJ broadcaster, the MixLab skin makes it far easier too!). When that is done you can then either wait for the intro of song B to reach its climax, and then quickly move the crossfader the the right completely. Or apply the Flanger effect to song A and pull the crossfader across to song B.

And as for songs to mix, mix what you love! Most DJ's can only DJ in a few genres, because those are the genres they are really into. The more you listen to a genre the better you can DJ in it. As a Dubstep DJ from listening alone i learnt about the basic structure of dubstep songs, including drops and breaks.

One final tip, learn to count beats and bars. VirtualDJ doesn't always scan the beats correctly, so being able to count beats and bars means you can correct any problems that you have, not to mention it will mean that when paired up with song structure you can know whether the intro of one song will fit into the break/outro of another one perfectly :P

发表时间 Sat 16 Feb 13 @ 4:10 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)