快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Sound failure last night, help please!!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I took my new ASUS laptop out last night, its windows 7, 64 bit, intel i5, with nvidia graphics. This was its first time going live to a show, my HP Probook has been old faithful for the last 60 gigs. (Thank goodness I brought it with).

The only recent additions have been a smaller 5 channel mixer, which has been to 4 gigs and has 20+ hours of use on it with no issues.

I use audio2DJ soundcard

Here is what happened, I was playing a song and cueing up a "we gonna party like its your birthday" loop on deck 1. Deck 2 was playing a track. I stepped away, and about 30 seconds later the sound just quits. It doesnt pop, it doesnt crackle it doesnt do anything except cut out for 5-10 seconds and resumes. It continues to do this for a period of time during the track. I guess I should note while the sound quit virtual DJ appeared to be playing fine, the decks were still spinning and the CPU usage didnt appear to be peaking or lagging out.

I check pretty much every connection, wiggle USB ports etc, unplug and replug anything I can.

It did this into the neck track as well, which is only worth mentioning to clarify it wasnt just a glitchy track.

Here without a doubt is the most interesting part. After the first sound glitch, some random 4 bar loop from some other house track appeared out of nowhere. It was a very saxy house loop and definitely sounded like something I may have looped on some other night playing music at my house. After I let the 50 cent track finish, the loop was still going even though there was no music playing on either deck, and this is when I rebooted VDJ.

I restarted VDJ, but I didnt get to play it long enough to verify the problem was solved. .If I recall I did play one track with no glitches. My headphone volume on the soundcard got turned off so I thought I still had a glitch. I discovered the problem after switching laptops the volume was down and I wasnt about to switch back.

This all happened about 3 hours into my gig.

So, does anyone have suggestions on what the cause could be? Or how to trouble shoot the issue. Its basically laptop, soundcard or mixer but how can a guy trouble shoot it?

Without a doubt, that was my most stressful night of DJing ever.. I literally had to tell one of my friends who came over "If you are going to stand here, I need you to do me a favor and keep your mouth shut for a few minutes"

发表时间 Sun 14 Oct 12 @ 8:58 pm
had the same thing happen to me. Now I always carry i mp3 player with a set incase It woent recover. Its stressfull and when it happend to me it was opening night... it was a issue in the sound set up. I had a conflict with the mk4 and the master sound card. I happend again last week after I updated. I had a crash when I touched the dials on the rmx to adjust the pitch the song crashed , I loaded a different song and then touched the mid and that song crashed too. in the end I just played while I preped the mp3 and then restarted it all .... then configured the sounds again and had no issues..

发表时间 Sun 14 Oct 12 @ 11:47 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
what version of VDJ were you running...7.1, 7.2?

发表时间 Sun 14 Oct 12 @ 11:59 pm
Other things to consider:

Were you using an external controller? An external hard drive for your songs?

Does the new computer have USB 3 ports? Has it been optimised for audio?

发表时间 Mon 15 Oct 12 @ 5:52 am
I use hercules steel, I havent optimized anything.. I had a hard time getting virtual dj to install properly, songs are all loaded on the laptop.

In general the computer was slow off the jump to load songs not only from netsearch but also from my hard drive.

Any guidance or links to things I should check out would be very appreciated.

I figured with the stats of this laptop it would be ready to rock right out of the box, boy was I wrong. It was a nightmare.

发表时间 Mon 15 Oct 12 @ 5:49 pm
Ill verify what version I am running shortly.

发表时间 Mon 15 Oct 12 @ 5:50 pm
Many new computers sold in stores are built with typical home/office users in mind and will not be optimised for demanding low latency applications such as VirtualDJ, so they may perform poorly as a result until they have been optimised. To appear to give greater value for money, they are also often loaded with lots of unnecessary software (Bloatware) that the user will probably never use, which can also cause performance issues.

Please see our FAQ pages for tips on how to optimise your computer for DJ'ing:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Performance%20Issues.html

发表时间 Tue 16 Oct 12 @ 8:48 am
I had a similar problem on Saturday night- I was using the grooveshark service and my software kept locking up and then I tried to close it and it was still playing- I also was told by another Dj that they had similar problems using the grooveshark service on Saturday night. It also would start to play a song live and then stop after 1 or 2 mins as if I did not have the paid monthly service. It was very stressful to say the least. I am glad that I had a regular cd player as back otherwise I would have had no sound.

发表时间 Tue 16 Oct 12 @ 2:34 pm
Its interesting you bring that up, because I tried to play "drop it low" by ester dean, but for some reason whatever track I loaded only loaded like a very brief intro playing 10 seconds of the song and stopped. I didnt realize what was going on until I looked close at the wave form when I hit play.

Man, I am so thankful I had a good understanding crowd.

I checked my version and it says I have 7.0.5b and is the latest version according to my computer.

I will do some tweaking I guess with that link and see if I can fix this.... wish i could test it without just plugging everything in and playing 5 hours of music waiting for drop outs.

发表时间 Tue 16 Oct 12 @ 6:08 pm
I did the few fixes that were relevant, disabledUAC, battery compliant mode, assigned my graphics card to vdj, basic theme etc. Latency checker is all in the green.

I dont think it was a latency issue though, but I guess I wont know until I try it again. This time I will just make sure I have a backup playlist on the other computer!

发表时间 Tue 16 Oct 12 @ 6:36 pm
Ah, so were you getting these issues with your own purchased music on your hard drive, or were you playing stuff from Netsearch?

发表时间 Wed 17 Oct 12 @ 6:16 am
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
djmatteo2 wrote :
Its interesting you bring that up, because I tried to play "drop it low" by ester dean, but for some reason whatever track I loaded only loaded like a very brief intro playing 10 seconds of the song and stopped. I didnt realize what was going on until I looked close at the wave form when I hit play.

Man, I am so thankful I had a good understanding crowd.

I checked my version and it says I have 7.0.5b and is the latest version according to my computer.

I will do some tweaking I guess with that link and see if I can fix this.... wish i could test it without just plugging everything in and playing 5 hours of music waiting for drop outs.

7.2 is the latest version. Check your download center thru this website.

发表时间 Wed 17 Oct 12 @ 12:48 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)