快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Russian Wedding coming up; need suggestions.

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi,
I'll be DJ'ing at a Russian wedding here in the Northeast USA. The bride and groom are both Russians from Belarus and Russia.
I remember the groom-to-be telling me that I need to keep the guests busy with the different events (for ex., we are gonna do the garter, toss, and bouquet at different intervals to spread things out, and the special dances as well) because they get bored quickly and then hit the vodka hard and heavy when they are waiting for something to happen. On another note, anyone know of any good russian songs to play during the dinner hour and perhaps a few Russian dance songs or artists?

Anyone out there have experiences with Russian-American weddings they want to share?
Thanx in advance.
Bryant

发表时间 Tue 14 Aug 12 @ 1:06 am
No one has ever played for a Bride and Groom that were Russian background, sheesh!

发表时间 Wed 15 Aug 12 @ 5:53 am
Hello on here?

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 12 @ 3:12 am
bryantpb wrote :
Hello on here?

Hi there i have a Russian girlfriend..I shall ask her for song suggestions when she gets home from work..She is only 23 so not sure how deep her knowledge is..But hopefully i can be of help..

Steeve

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 12 @ 5:56 am
Thanx Steeve, anyone else wanna chime in????

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 12 @ 6:45 am
Steve, was just thinking. The Russian couple getting married is the same age as your girlfriend. So any information she can give us will help.

发表时间 Tue 21 Aug 12 @ 2:08 am
Hi Bud yes she is going home on Friday for 2 weeks hols so will ask her father and grandma for song ideas for you. When is the wedding date...
Cheers..

发表时间 Tue 21 Aug 12 @ 5:51 am
ozzysteeve wrote :
Hi Bud yes she is going home on Friday for 2 weeks hols so will ask her father and grandma for song ideas for you. When is the wedding date...
Cheers..

This coming Saturday, does she have email to her parents or any vocal contact? Just wondering if thats just as convenient for her?

发表时间 Tue 21 Aug 12 @ 10:18 am
oohh thats a tight one...ok will talk with her and try and get some songs off her for you..be in touch very shortly...

Steeve

发表时间 Tue 21 Aug 12 @ 1:32 pm
Please do not offer to send some songs. Illegal file sharing is not permitted on the VirtualDJ forums (See forum rules.)

Instead, please post a list of suggested songs so that the original poster can purchase them legally.

发表时间 Thu 23 Aug 12 @ 5:39 am
Oh sorry i didnt know that, new to this site..

Cheers

发表时间 Thu 23 Aug 12 @ 9:02 am
Can you just type the list?

发表时间 Sat 25 Aug 12 @ 1:56 am
Or even a website that tells me the current popular dance tunes in Russia.

发表时间 Mon 27 Aug 12 @ 1:59 am

发表时间 Mon 27 Aug 12 @ 10:56 am

发表时间 Mon 27 Aug 12 @ 6:38 pm
waltworek wrote :
bryantpb wrote :
Or even a website that tells me the current popular dance tunes in Russia.

Bryan check out http://www.dancetop40.com/new-releases you csan filter by country for music

Also check this site out http://www.worldweddingtraditions.com/locations/asian_traditions/russian_traditions.html for russian traditions and google translate for maybe some russian phrases will make you stand out

Hope they help

Russia was NOT listed as one of thecountries! Also, The second site had one sentence about what happens at a rusian wedding, e.g., we throw glasses on the floor".. Not very useful..but tham
Nx anyways, guys.

发表时间 Mon 27 Aug 12 @ 9:35 pm
I would probably recommend some kind of Russian music.......

"Ruki VVerh/Ruki Verh (Руки Верх) goes without say as a great pop groups with many songs. Pugacheva, Allegrova, Orbakaite, Virus, Aleksa, Fabrika Zvezd (Russian version of American Idol), Alsu, Gubin, Kirkorov. There are many great artist and groups that you can listen to. You can also go to www.russianinternet.com and listen to live radio from Russia which plays the most popular songs. Enjoy."

发表时间 Sat 01 Sep 12 @ 5:13 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)