快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Sound crackling when pitch is moved? (keylock on) - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I thought I would start a new thread seeing as the other thread I thought the problem was different and in the end this is where the problem is starting.

The problem starts when I first open Virtual DJ and load a track on to either deck doesn't matter which deck and press *keylock* on and move the pitch from 0 pitch and any where where I move the pitch slider or the pitch slider comes to rest there will be a audible crackling sound coming from the speakers and this happens all the way until the pitch slider is put back to 0 pitch then the crackle stops.

This is only happens on about 50% of the tracks I have and this happens through out the whole track and is only really noticeable in quite sections of the track.

I have a USB external interface which is set on 512 latency and Virtual DJ is also set on 512 latency and my PC does not like to go below this.

Thanks for the help.

发表时间 Sat 04 Feb 12 @ 4:20 am
If you are using an ASIO sound card, make sure that you set the latency in CONFIG -> Performances to AUTO otherwise you may get sound issues.

Also, check your computer to ensure that you do not have any performance issues with it:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Performance%20Issues.html

发表时间 Sat 04 Feb 12 @ 12:54 pm
Ok thanks.

I tried setting latency to auto.

I will look in to the performance issues page.

发表时间 Sun 05 Feb 12 @ 1:48 am
I have looked in to this further and for instance on 1 track which I am testing it has a original BPM of 128 if I move the pitch slider to approximaty 126 BPM and let the song play there is very noticeable crackling and if I move the pitch slider further down to 125 BPM the crackling stops so this seems strange to me and this is tested in the same area of audio so I am not sure if this would be a latency issue or some thing else.

发表时间 Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 3:52 am
I have the same behaviour with Numark DJ|IO and also the VMS2 using the ASIO driver.

Latency Checker tells that everything is fine. And changing the Buffersize doesn't change anything.

A friend of mine has also the same problem. Different Notebook, of course. And to be clear: this crackling is only when Keylock is enabled! All mentioned points in the Performance FAQ are checked.

VDJ 7.0.5b

发表时间 Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 5:42 am
Don't know if this helps, but I used to have problems also, till somebody told me that I had to use a pitch range of MAXIMUM 8%
I did that, and my problems where gone...

发表时间 Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 5:08 pm
Essentially this has nothing to do with the soundcard I believe as I have the exact same trouble just using the standard built in sound card in my laptop and playing out of the laptop speakers so the problem must be some thing else.

I tried the pitch range changing the pitch range to 6% but still the same issue I have not yet tried all the performance related issues yet.

发表时间 Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 9:16 pm
If it has something to do with performance, you should try gamebooster 3... It's made for gamers to shut down all the unnecessary back ground programs that are running on your computer... After you're done, it puts them all back on.

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

发表时间 Fri 10 Feb 12 @ 1:54 am
this crackling has nothing to do with performance issues! And i don't believe that a change of the pitch range to 8 % solve your problem either...

This problem has nothing todo with sound drops or latency problems. It occures only when keylock is enabled and the pitch is not 0.0.

For me the vdj is doing something which is audible only in certain songs with specific frequencies ...

btw: the internal sound card (without asio) has also this problem....

发表时间 Fri 10 Feb 12 @ 3:43 am
I assumed the same thing about the frequencies you can definetly tell the songs which you would think would start crackling like this and it does definitely seem to be a frequencies and or velocity issue.

发表时间 Fri 10 Feb 12 @ 8:58 am
I must add to this that the tracks that are crackling are the tracks that have high frequencies for eg Avicii - Levels Virtual DJ can not handle this track with keylock engaged and pitch moved I am not sure if some one else has this track to test and see if the same issues occur but from the response to this thread it does seem to be certain higher frequencies which cause this issue.

发表时间 Tue 14 Feb 12 @ 1:30 am
Also for Example "Dash Berlin with Cerf Mitiska & Jaren - Man On The Run" has this issue... specially it is audible in the first silent part with the piano... The piano is making this crackling sound .... awful...

edit: the voice has also this crackling...

i assume that this cracking is everytime but not always really audible ...

btw: The song was bought from beatport....

发表时间 Wed 22 Feb 12 @ 5:55 am
same for "Armin van Buuren vs Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Not Giving Up On Love (Dash Berlin 4AM Mix) ". Again Piano and Voice in the silent part...

发表时间 Wed 22 Feb 12 @ 7:29 am
Hi :) Don't know if this will help, but try to load VDJ, change the eq. knobs to anything but 50% and only then try to change pitch. i had so much problems with crackling sounds that i started testing the most stupid things that you can imagine, until that i realized that if the equalization was not at 50% all the crackle would disappear. so i just placed this at the end of the xml file of the skin in use:

<init action="deck 1 eq_high 49.99% & deck 2 eq_high 49.99% & deck 3 eq_high 49.99% & deck 4 eq_high 49.99% & deck 1 eq_mid 49.99% & deck 2 eq_mid 49.99% & deck 3 eq_mid 49.99% & deck 4 eq_mid 49.99% & deck 1 eq_low 49.99% & deck 2 eq_low 49.99% & deck 3 eq_low 49.99% & deck 4 eq_low 49.99%"/>
</Skin>

and it works, so it's cool because i just don't have to think about it. but just before writing this i tested and the crackling is still there, if i reset the equalization. Maybe in VDJ 8 this get fixed, i'm still waiting to check it in order to buy the software.

Also i suggest you to try this while playing a really slow and quiet tune, in order to get to ear any discrete crackling. Speaking for myself, i always use "Polly" by Nirvana to look for crackling. If i'm playing Waxdolls or The Strokes i will probably not ear the crackling (but still it's there).

发表时间 Wed 22 Feb 12 @ 2:26 pm
I think it isn't the solution, because a have used the Numark Total Control before and the eq-knops was never by 50%.... it was not possible to set the knobs to 50% and this crickling was audible.

I have now tried my desktop pc with an AMD CPU and X-FI Soundcard and the sound Problem exist also there. No other Soundcard was installed on it.

发表时间 Thu 23 Feb 12 @ 5:57 am
This isssue isnt really any thing else but keylock and thats the issue no need for any more comment some songs are fine some arnt so really there is no reason for Virtual DJ to do this and could be quite possible all tracks do this except that because these tracks do not play certain frequencies therefore you do not hear the crackles but essentually Virtual DJ is still behaving in this way.

发表时间 Sun 26 Feb 12 @ 7:24 pm
czech54PRO InfinityMember since 2012
lee eather wrote :
This isssue isnt really any thing else but keylock and thats the issue no need for any more comment some songs are fine some arnt so really there is no reason for Virtual DJ to do this and could be quite possible all tracks do this except that because these tracks do not play certain frequencies therefore you do not hear the crackles but essentually Virtual DJ is still behaving in this way.

I am also having this same issue. I am using VDJ Pro Full, through VMS 4.1 w/ASIO.

If anyone finds a solution, I'd be glad to hear it.

Thanks in advance!

发表时间 Mon 27 Feb 12 @ 12:44 am
I find this happens in areas of a track where the frequency increases and is not dependant on the whole track so is either a issue with Virtual DJ with high frequencies or with my performance settings which I have not tried yet and I was responding to this thread first before I tried this and will try the performance settings on my computer and see if the crackling stops.

发表时间 Mon 05 Mar 12 @ 1:16 pm
The_Desruptor wrote :
this crackling has nothing to do with performance issues! And i don't believe that a change of the pitch range to 8 % solve your problem either...

For me it DID solve the problem...
Sorry for the suggestion I made ;)

发表时间 Mon 05 Mar 12 @ 2:38 pm
Try turning off CONFIG -> Performances -> Safe Mode if it is enabled.

发表时间 Tue 06 Mar 12 @ 5:11 am
51%