快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Beat Count

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

New dj experiencing difficulties staying on beat when mixing, videos on keeping up with beat count. Help regarding this matter is greatly appreciated

发表时间 Wed 09 Nov 11 @ 11:07 pm
liltegoPRO InfinityMember since 2011

发表时间 Sun 13 Nov 11 @ 5:34 pm
Although I applaud both DJs for trying to teach beat-mixing, I would not recommend either video for a beginner—especially the first video. The first video is counterproductive because it uses being off beat as the method of teaching beat-mixing, which is something you want to avoid doing. However, the DJ is correct when he emphasizes the importance of using your ears. The second video does a better job in demonstrating beat-mixing, but needs more explaining of certain fundamentals.

Consequently, it is not easy to teach someone how to beat-mix with a video because it involves using your ears and brain to control your hand to match the beats, which requires training. I will try to put together a beat-mixing by ear tutorial in my spare time. If you understand certain fundamentals, you can use your ears (which are more reliable than your eyes and software) to match the beats.

发表时间 Wed 16 Nov 11 @ 12:12 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
look on youtube for dj-tutor.

johnathan elliskins is an awesome tutor and has videos on all sorts of skills. beat mixing included

发表时间 Thu 24 Nov 11 @ 11:51 am
Blulite wrote :
look on youtube for dj-tutor.

His video is the first link in the second post. I've already commented on it (see third post).

发表时间 Sun 27 Nov 11 @ 10:32 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)