快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: **Basic VDj Script Question........

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

....Hi guys!.....trying to do some higher level midi programming than the "auto learn" function (move knob/ point and click on program) will allow me........I need to program my Hercules control Steel shift buttons......I have the article someone wrote in the forums about the verb-age to enter to get multiple uses out of a single button (ie using "shift")...........Specifically how do I reprogram the key?......Auto learn plus the shift button on the controller, then write the script in the auto learn box?....not sure....Please help guys!!!.....=D.......thank u sooooo much.....PLEASE B SPECIFIC, I hate to have to ask again.....thankx

发表时间 Sun 19 Jun 11 @ 1:04 am
You just need to use key learn to get a button or fader to script on, then type what you want the button/slider to do, if you want a button to do more than one thing at a time use "&" eg "hot_cue 1 & loop 4" (this will go to hot cue 1 and loop 4 bars, giving you a hot loop

If your mapping a shift, you only need to know one basic script formula

var shift ? action if shifted : action if not shifted

eg. var shift ? loop 4 : hot_cue 1

with this script the button will be hot cue 1, but if shift is activated it will loop 4 bars.

If you have a RMX/steel it probably says something like

device_side left ? hot_cue 1 : hot_cue 1

this is a shift function in itself, but to add a button shift you need to use

device_side left ? var "left_shift" ? left deck action if shifted : left deck action if not shifted : var right_shift ? right deck action if shifted : right deck action if not shifted

Make your toggle shift button script

device_side left ? toggle "left_shift" : toggle "right_shift"

or you can have a shift activated only when you hold the button down like this

device_side left ? set "left_shift" while_pressed : set "right_shift" while_pressed

this is everything you can script http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript_verbs.html

发表时间 Sun 19 Jun 11 @ 2:04 am
...Thank you for your help, I'm still not getting something though.....I set the shift button up to do just that, shift....I hit the plus icon, hit the shift button on my controller and then typed into the Auto Learn box set '$Shift' 1 while_pressed everything worked fine.......I went to program the pitch slider on my controller to control pitch, and then when the shift button is engaged, to control the filter range left to right (up & down in this case).......I hit the plus button and moved the pitch slider on my controller, and typed the following into the auto learn box var '$Shift' ? effect 'pitch' active : effect 'filter' active now nothing works...not the pitch control or fader control, with our without shift engaged.

My simple goals:

1. To have the "Pitch Slider" on the controller, DECK SIDE 1 to control "Pitch," and with "Shift" engaged to control the width of the "Filter Slider" DECK SIDE 1 on my VDJ skin......Same thing on DECK SIDE 2...."Pitch" controls Pitch and with "Shift" it controls the "Filter Slider" on the skin DECK 2.

2. I have 3 "Dry/ Wet Adjustment Knobs" for the chosen "Effect" on my VDJ skin.....I would like my "High, Medium and Low Control Knobs" ON THE DECK 1 SIDE, to control these 3 "Dry/ Wet Parameters (Knobs on the skin), when the "Shift" button ON THE DECK 1 SIDE is engaged..........and to do the same thing to the "Wet/ Dry Knobs" with the "Shift" button engaged on the RIGHT SIDE DECK 2.

Thank you for your help...this VDJ script is a nightmare!!!.....I swear I only need these 2 custom mappings and I will never ask for another!....=D

发表时间 Sun 19 Jun 11 @ 4:06 am
feel free to ask anything you want, I like figuring this stuff out, and you may have an idea that I haven't thought of...

I always use local shifts for the deck your using as this gives you more control to just shift one deck, so you will need to sacrifice 2 buttons for the shifts if you do it my way

deck left shift
set "left_shift" while_pressed

deck right shift
set "right_shift" while_pressed

left pitch fader
var "left_shift" ? deck 1 filter : deck 1 pitch_slider

right pitch fader

var "right_shift" ? deck 2 filter : deck 2 pitch_slider

hi

var "left_shift" ? deck 1 effect slider 1 : deck 1 eq_high

mid
var "left_shift" ? deck 1 effect slider 2 : deck 1 eq_mid

low
var "left_shift" ? deck 1 effect slider 3 : deck 1 eq_low

you will need to change hi, mid and low to work with the right deck, also if you are using four or more decks use "deck left" instead of "deck 1"

发表时间 Sun 19 Jun 11 @ 4:40 am
I'm trying to follow exactly what you are saying to do...........

deck left shift
set "left_shift" while_pressed

deck right shift
set "right_shift" while_pressed

*****When I did this I pressed the plus sign, mashed the Shift button on the left deck side and typed set "left_shift" while_pressed...........when I did this for the second side (right deck side) it erased the 1st entry I just put in and so the set "right_shift" while pressed is the only Shift fucntion Available.....There are no 2 shift button options, just the one.....

left pitch fader
var "left_shift" ? deck 1 filter : deck 1 pitch_slider

right pitch fader
var "right_shift" ? deck 2 filter : deck 2 pitch_slider

hi
var "left_shift" ? deck 1 effect slider 1 : deck 1 eq_high

mid
var "left_shift" ? deck 1 effect slider 2 : deck 1 eq_mid

low
var "left_shift" ? deck 1 effect slider 3 : deck 1 eq_low

you will need to change hi, mid and low to work with the right deck, also if you are using four or more decks use "deck left" instead of "deck 1"

*****What do you mean about having to change the hi, mid, and low to work with the right deck?....Exactly what wording do I change?

发表时间 Sun 19 Jun 11 @ 5:00 am
you have a "device side left ?" code like I thought in the first post... just paste this in it will all work, you only need to do it for one side of the controller as it sends controls depending on what side of the controller the button/slider is on.

this is the explanation of how it works
device_side left ? var "left_shift" ? left deck action if shifted : left deck action if not shifted : var right_shift ? right deck action if shifted : right deck action if not shifted

shift
device_side left ? set "left_shift" while_pressed : set "right_shift" while_pressed

pitch
device_side left ? var "left_shift" ? deck 1 filter : deck 1 pitch_slide : var "right_shift" ? deck 2 filter : deck 2 pitch_slide

hi
device_side left ? var "left_shift" ? deck 1 effect slider 1 : deck 1 eq_high : var "right_shift" ? deck 2 effect slider 1 : deck 1 eq_high

mid
device_side left ? var "left_shift" ? deck 1 effect slider 2 : deck 1 eq_mid : var "right_shift" ? deck 2 effect slider 2 : deck 1 eq_mid

low
device_side left ? var "left_shift" ? deck 1 effect slider 3 : deck 1 eq_low : var "right_shift" ? deck 2 effect slider 3 : deck 1 eq_low

发表时间 Sun 19 Jun 11 @ 5:31 am
So I press the plus button, hit the shift (left) button on the controller, then type what you wrote as the new shift command in the auto- learn box?.....Correct?

发表时间 Sun 19 Jun 11 @ 6:02 am
yep just cut it from here and paste it in the action box, but just do it for one side of the controller, if you want to do anything else just use the "explanation" script and fill in what you want

发表时间 Sun 19 Jun 11 @ 6:16 am
iI did just as I mentioned above.....Opened Vdj, config, mappers, hit the plus button on the software mapper interface of VDJ, hit Shift button on left deck of the controller, and typed the new command for Shift as you wrote it down, into the Auto Learn box, hit ok.....Everything was fine

Followed the same process...hit plus button on software mapper interface, moved the left deck controller slider, and typed the new command that you specified for the slider, into the Auto Learn box, hit ok....nothing works...the pitch doesn't respond nor does the filter when shift is pressed along with moving the slider as it should.....

BTW....VDJ will not let me copy and paste your commands from the forum into the Auto Learn box.........Im typing them out word for word...

What am I doing Wrong....Im sorry to keep buggin you....this is sooooo frustrating!!!......thanks tho

发表时间 Sun 19 Jun 11 @ 6:23 am
I am able to cut and paste your exact instructions and here are the results.......

The Pitch Slider does nothing now....Not Pitch Control, nor Filter Slide up or down on either deck side with or w/out the Shift button pressed

The Hi, Med, Low knobs still adjust the his mids and lows, but do so now for both decks at the same time and do nothing when shift is pressed......

发表时间 Sun 19 Jun 11 @ 6:32 am
I use windows on my desktop and it lets me cut and paste, I would try it again...

whoops the pitch slider was misspelled, this is correct, and I added a way better filter because I'm not sure how to map the crappy built in one :), download this

for windows http://www.studio-qb.com/sites/studio-qb.com/files/soft/QB_Filter.zip
for mac http://www.studio-qb.com/sites/studio-qb.com/files/soft/QB_Filter_AU.zip

for the filter you will need to set the pitch slider at 50% to make it unnoticeable or turn it off manually

pitch
device_side left ? var "left_shift" ? deck 1 effect "qb_filter" active on & deck 1 effect "qb_filter" slider 2 90% & deck 1 effect "qb_filter" slider 3 : deck 1 pitch_slider : var "right_shift" ? deck 2 effect "qb_filter" active on & deck 2 effect "qb_filter" slider 2 90% & deck 2 effect "qb_filter" slider 3 : deck 2 pitch_slider

it had the wrong deck assignment for the right side eq's

hi should move effect slider 1 when shifted
device_side left ? var "left_shift" ? deck 1 effect slider 1 : deck 1 eq_high : var "right_shift" ? deck 2 effect slider 1 : deck 2 eq_high

mid should move effect slider 2 when shifted
device_side left ? var "left_shift" ? deck 1 effect slider 2 : deck 1 eq_mid : var "right_shift" ? deck 2 effect slider 2 : deck 2 eq_mid

low should move effect slider 3 when shifted
device_side left ? var "left_shift" ? deck 1 effect slider 3 : deck 1 eq_low : var "right_shift" ? deck 2 effect slider 3 : deck 2 eq_low

发表时间 Sun 19 Jun 11 @ 6:38 am
...Thank you for all of your help!.......I dont know what the problem is, however I applied the revisions to the commands per your last message above this one, and everything works now the way that it should, but the when the "shift" button is pressed none of the controls change.....I don't understand why this has to be sooo difficult....Anyway, I give up...I'll just have to get by with the buttons I can program via the Auto Learn point and click, forget the VDJ Script commands that we cant get to work, and give up on the shift modifiers.........Thankx again for your help, you tried...thats all I can ask..... =D

...I do see that you're a very active member on here, so if you could forward this to the Atomix development team, or perhaps they will read this post..........Next time, make the programming of the shift + button modifiers,.... point and click, via the Auto - Learn, so that all we have to do is hit the Plus sign, depress the shift knob on the controller along with the button we want the additional control on, hit Auto Learn, and then hit the button on the VDJ skin for the affect we want to assign.........So simple!

发表时间 Sun 19 Jun 11 @ 2:22 pm
before you give up try this to make sure that the shift buttons work.. I just changed the effect slider to volume so you can see it work

hi
device_side left ? var "left_shift" ? deck 1 volume : deck 1 eq_high : var "right_shift" ? deck 2 volume : deck 2 eq_high

mid
device_side left ? var "left_shift" ? deck 1 volume : deck 1 eq_mid : var "right_shift" ? deck 2 volume : deck 2 eq_mid

low
device_side left ? var "left_shift" ? deck 1 volume : deck 1 eq_low : var "right_shift" ? deck 2 volume : deck 2 eq_low

发表时间 Sun 19 Jun 11 @ 9:45 pm
thanks buddy for the help, once again....I'll try to copy and paste the new mappings that you just posted above for the hi, mid , lows being able to affect the 3 dry/ wet knobs on the skin, when shift is engaged......One more time since we've gone through so many revisions.....give me the proper mapping for the shift knobs one more time as well......I assume the shift mappings, and the hi, mid, low mappings are for both sides of the deck?....I only program one side of the controller for shift, hi, mid , low?....I will copy and paste all 4 new mappings and let you know.....You REALLY must like this stuff......huh?.............

.......At this point getting the Pitch slider to control the filter affect as well, is not that important............It's just with that with the effects like flanger, loop roll, etc. I really need to be able to control the 3 available, (on the skin) effects parameters via the shift + hi, mid, or low knobs to fully utilize the effect.....

I need:

Shift mappers- to control BOTH sides INDEPENDENTLY

Lo mapper- to control Lo, freq. cutoff...then with SHIFT engaged to alter 1 of the three wet/ dry parameters on my VDJ skin (for effects) LEFT DECK AND RIGHT

Mid mapper- to control Mid, freq. cutoff...then with SHIFT engaged to alter 1 of the three wet/ dry parameters on my VDJ skin (for effects) LEFT DECK AND RIGHT

High mapper- to control High, freq. cutoff...then with SHIFT engaged to alter 1 of the three wet/ dry parameters on my VDJ skin (for effects) LEFT DECK AND RIGHT

发表时间 Sun 19 Jun 11 @ 10:45 pm
Hey there jusblaze246,

I realize that this post is outdated but maybe someone else might be able to benefit from a solution to your problem. So I have in front of me a Hercules 4-Mx and I'm pretty sure that my solution will work for other Hercules models as well.

Let's address your first issue: Shift mappers to control both side independently.
First step is to go into Settings > Mappers > Hercules 4-Mx (or whatever you have). Next, click Key Learn and hit either of the Shift buttons on the controller.
Then for your action, you are going to put toggle "$SHIFTON"

I'm going to break this down for people that actually want to learn what this command is doing.

In VDJ Scripting, you are allowed to create/assign variables for buttons and then control the state of that variable. So in the above code I created a variable called SHIFTON (you can name it whatever you want but please remember to be consistent). In order to create a variable, just surround it with quotes. However, for this example to work properly, you will need to precede it with a $ sign. The $ makes the variable a global variable (available throughout the program) so that other buttons can now base their actions off the state of the variable.

Finally, the toggle command changes the value of the variable following it between True (1) and False (0). As long as you don't specify decks in that command for the shift button, the two shift buttons on the controller will control their respective decks independently. In other words, the left shift button will control the left deck and the right shift button will control the right deck.

Now the following syntax is specifically for the knob directly next to the Shift button so that it controls the Filter function when the shift button is off and the Key function when the shift button is on. However, the structure of the command can be applied to any other button on the controller, including the low/mid/high knobs!

Go back to the mappers, click Key-Learn, and turn that knob next to the shift key. It will turn up as FX.
Then under Action, type in var "$SHIFTON" ? key_move : filter

Basically, all this is saying is when SHIFTON is true, execute the action on the left side of the colon, and when SHIFTON is false, execute the action on the right side of the colon.

Here is the definition for var straight from virtual dj so that it may guide you for other conditional actions.
syntax: var "my_var" ? my_action1 : my_action2
execute my_action1 if my_var is true (non zero), execute my_action2 otherwise.

Hope this helped.

发表时间 Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 9:13 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)