快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: NEW DJ, NEED CRITISM.

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

So guys, ive been DJing for about 2 weeks. and ive made around 8 mixs so fare. All my friends like them, and i have a gig lined up for May.
Im 14 years old, and i love music. its my life.

So id like to see what you guys think? i know some of my mixing is sloppy, and some transitions too. so be brutaly honest, give some tips? Thanks in advance.

www.youtube.com/user/djdeveloped Also, if you like it, subscribe (:

Thats all

- DJ Developed

发表时间 Wed 23 Feb 11 @ 9:23 pm
djnutzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If you can't mix, don't. Period. A fade transition is ALWAYS better than a trainwreck. Practice, practice, practice. Coming here for critique is a good idea. Of course your friends said they liked it, they are your friends, not DJ's. I am not trying to be an a$$hole, just giving you honest feedback. None of mixes were smooth at all. You need more practice.

What kind of a gig do you have booked in May?

Is this a paying gig?

If you are in USA, then you need to be 18 to enter into a legal contract with a client. Just sayin...

Oh yeah, and if you plan to be a pro...by VDJ Pro. You'll be glad you did. Ask anyone who has. They will agree with me.

发表时间 Thu 24 Feb 11 @ 7:09 pm
Im in canada. and yes its paying.

And by friends, i mean everyone ive showed it to, and everyone that has seen it on youtube, not just people im friends with, other dj toos ;p
to be honest, your the first negative feedback ive gotten ;p

Anyway, Thanks for the tips. and i have VDJ Pro.

Ive only been mixing for about 2 weeks now. so i know ill get better.

Feel free to leave any tips (:

发表时间 Thu 24 Feb 11 @ 7:48 pm
If you have pro why does your profile say you don't have a license? Your mixes are not smooth by any stretch of the imagination. I have paid for every single software license and every single song and video I have. What you are doing is a complete joke. You have hacked software and most likely an illegal media library. When you grow up and learn some respect for this business and the work that has been put in by the software develpoers and artists then and only thenyou can have my respect.

发表时间 Thu 24 Feb 11 @ 11:33 pm
If you have pro why does your profile say you don't have a license? Your mixes are not smooth by any stretch of the imagination. I have paid for every single software license and every single song and video I have. What you are doing is a complete joke. You have hacked software and most likely an illegal media library. When you grow up and learn some respect for this business and the work that has been put in by the software develpoers and artists then and only thenyou can have my respect.

发表时间 Fri 25 Feb 11 @ 12:36 am
This isnt the computer i use to DJ, so dont assume ? It says no liscene because i havent gone throught the trouble of it. And no actually, all my songs are paid for. you dont know me, or what i do, so dont act like it.

发表时间 Fri 25 Feb 11 @ 2:31 pm

发表时间 Fri 25 Feb 11 @ 6:33 pm
U don't have 2 be on the computer that use 2 dj with for it to show that you are a licensed user. It is automatically tagged on your user name once u enter your serial number on the website. if you are a legitimate user it would be best to do this because you will get more help around here.

发表时间 Sat 26 Feb 11 @ 4:51 am
Seana23PRO InfinityMember since 2010
i'd love to listen to your mix but dont want to risk my Lappy with YouTube viruses!!! put up a mix on Soundcloud or House-mixes.com and i'll defo give you some feedback..

XXXSeanaXXX

发表时间 Mon 28 Feb 11 @ 5:02 am

发表时间 Tue 01 Mar 11 @ 10:38 pm
Hi babe. i just listened to ya new mix and its fine babes...
The Backspin transition could have been 1 bar later so it came in just as the new tune "broke" into its beats but i could see you were trying to let the small vocal at the beginning ov the new track be heard.
the second transition was a good one... I like the "Electro" sample. Cool tune babes, well chosen.
The third transition at 6.13 went well...
The 6.54 transition was a bit clunky but nonethe less, its a good mix for a newbee...
You should be quite happy with it but Practice practice, practice...

You'll notice the difference after a few weeks recording your mixes and listening to them back to yourself...

Well done babes.

Keep on keepin on

XXXSeanaXXX

发表时间 Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 4:33 pm
djnutz wrote :
If you are in USA, then you need to be 18 to enter into a legal contract with a client.

Same rules apply in Canada my friend. Protect yourself and register your software!

Best of Luck

发表时间 Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 8:45 pm
Im aware of that, My Gaurdian will be signing . I checked it all out.

发表时间 Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 10:06 pm
good luck with your new venture babes... keep ya pecker up and take no notice ov the nay-sayers... just go for it babes.

XXXSeanaXXX

发表时间 Sat 05 Mar 11 @ 10:29 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)