快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: VDJ using Parallels on Mac ?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

How well does the PC version work on a mac using Parallels? I'm considering this option because its easy to go back and forth between using my Mac and a PC.

发表时间 Mon 21 Feb 11 @ 2:54 pm
BTW, I intend on using windows 7 professional.

发表时间 Mon 21 Feb 11 @ 3:04 pm
If you wish to run Windows on your Mac, you should use Bootcamp for best results: http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp

This will allow you to run Windows natively.

Parallels is a virtual machine running under MacOS, so performance may not be good enough for an application such as VirtualDJ.

发表时间 Tue 22 Feb 11 @ 4:06 am
As above,

I've tested it and it's a no-go. Audio latency in the virtual environment is too slow and causes dropouts, and also it's a nightmare with driver compatibility if you plan to use external controllers or sound cards. It was tested on a Quadcore MacPro with 8Gb RAM and still not good enough.

Bootcamp works perfectly, and you can even configure things to keep your music and VDJ folders on the Mac partition for backup with time machine.

Keith

发表时间 Tue 22 Feb 11 @ 6:59 am
Using bootcamp VDJ works fine, the only problem I have is that windows 7 via bootcamp doesn't recognize my mixtrack pro so I can't use it in virtual dj

发表时间 Tue 22 Feb 11 @ 2:56 pm
Shouldn't be any reason why your controller won't work in Bootacmp. Can you please explain more?

Keith

发表时间 Tue 22 Feb 11 @ 4:13 pm
Hello,
After upgrading to parallels 9, I can't see the configuration botton in VDJ anymore.
I've been trying to resize aswell on mac as on windows, it didn't work.

Anybody any idea what to do?
Pffffffffffff........Floor.

发表时间 Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 2:55 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)