快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Laptop Power Settings

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

MehTechPRO InfinityMember since 2010
This is just a little reminder/tip.

When DJing on a Laptop, Always make sure that you're power settings are set to "Always On" and "High Performance" and stop the laptop going into standby.

I've not long got back from a club, everyone was jamming to the music, suddenly the music turned off! Luckily.. quick reactions got the music back on track within seconds. Actually worked in favour.. Got everyones attention :)

I had forgotton to change the settings on this new laptop - However shall not happen again!, I hope.

发表时间 Fri 18 Feb 11 @ 5:40 pm
Thanks for this, i had a similar problem but with watching a film through my laptop on the tv. It goes into standby after a while and disconnects the film. Took ages to reset :)

发表时间 Tue 22 Feb 11 @ 10:55 am
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
be sure to disable usb port shut down, hibernation, turning off the screen, dont have a screensaver, turn off auto shutdown when you close the lid. turn off sleep functions.

also turn off all system sounds, shadows, aero, animations. delete all fonts a that are not used. disable gui boot. stop all un necessary startup programmes and processes.

keep your hdd defragged. run disc clean up regularly. turn off indexing. uninstall all utilities, software and applications that you dont use or arent important on a dj laptop.

use plain desktop backgrounds with zero or minimal desktop shortcuts.

regularly scan for malware if you use internet on your machine. also scan and fix registry on a regular basis.

then you should be running at a good speed with little to no problems

发表时间 Tue 22 Feb 11 @ 3:25 pm
Can someone provide me with detailed steps to disable usb port shut down. Your help is well appriciated.

Andre

发表时间 Thu 24 Feb 11 @ 2:18 pm
New to the forum but just did so from Windows vista. Access power options from control panel>power options>edit plan settings then click change advance power settings. From there disable( plugged and unplugged) USB SELECTIVE SUSPEND SETTING UNDER USB SETTINGS.

发表时间 Fri 25 Feb 11 @ 3:54 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)