快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Music Library

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hey guys,

Im really new to this. I have been fan of music for while, and collect music alot. I was wondering how do DJs usually build their library? I have wide genera of song that i usually listen, but i wanted to know is there specific place where DJ go to find new songs, or get whole library for latest hits or something?

Thanks,

发表时间 Fri 11 Feb 11 @ 9:12 pm
ConorBHome userMember since 2011
I don't know many djs that use iTunes, but after researching for a good while I started to use it...
Since the introduction of 256kbps AAC files (which are as good as the highest quality mp3) iTunes has become a great place to get music from.
I was surprised by how many underground tracks they have, which I looked for on beatport but couldn't find.
Biggest online music library in the world, high quality songs as standard, and AAC files now being widely supported, including by VDJ.
Can't go wrong!

发表时间 Sun 13 Feb 11 @ 1:12 pm
DJMIT2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
I use itunes a lot too, but one of my friends has started to use https://www.gomusicnow.com/ i checked it out and you get the same quality songs for like 15 cents. Though i am not sure if it is legal.... but it is a Russian operated so i am not sure either. if anyone knows if it is a legal site for music because you are paying for the music.

发表时间 Fri 18 Feb 11 @ 2:50 pm
join dj pools

发表时间 Fri 18 Feb 11 @ 3:35 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
iTunes all the way, there is allot of great tools to find the latest stuff.

I also look for new releases on Promo Only's web site, ERG Music's web site and radio stations play lists in FL, Vegas, NY, Los Angels. These are resoureces to find what is next before it hits a town near you. Then my home state CT so I can see what is popular in my area.

Promo Only and ERG list all of the music they put on thier subscription discs for free on thier sites. Quick note about ERG, they higlight the hottest tracks and put a flame icon of them. You can save some time as 90% of the time those are the only ones that really have a chance of filling floors. You can be the judge of that and then go buy those on iTunes.

发表时间 Sun 20 Feb 11 @ 6:05 pm
ConorBHome userMember since 2011
@DJMIT2: Doesn't exactly look legal since it's so cheap and you can't view the site without a login, but I wouldn't know for sure.

Also anyone spinning dnb, check out http://www.breakbeat.co.uk/ ; 320mp3, big library, and even some free promo songs..
Eg Sub Focus - Smooth
DJ Fresh - Factory
As for cd pools, none of them seem worth the while for me, most of them only have 1 or 2 dnb songs if any.

发表时间 Fri 15 Apr 11 @ 8:08 am
We all need to start reading the fine print on user's contracts. If you are just DJing for yourself and your friends, then iTunes is fine. If you want to go commercial and charge for being a DJ or play your tunes at a gig in a public place - then iTunes is NOT a legal source for music. The contract clearly states that all files downloaded from iTunes is strictly for private use. Under no terms are any files downloaded from iTunes to be used for commercial use.

Wish I had read that before spending hundreds of dollars downloading from them. I'd personally like to give VDJ a piece of my mind for even promoting iTunes - anyone starts up a class action lawsuit against them for making it sound like iTunes is a legal source for DJs, I'd be more then happy to join in.

Several people have suggested that BeatPort has usable files, but I've yet to confirm that.

发表时间 Mon 12 Mar 12 @ 1:03 am
kpb1990PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Does anyone know what program works the best to sort digital music. I tried media monkey.. I have a total of 7 TB of music, karaoke, and videos. It is too much data for it to even try to process. I am trying to simplify my system. Any help is great appreciated. I have a powered usb hub I use to connect the external hard drives.

发表时间 Mon 12 Mar 12 @ 9:09 am

发表时间 Mon 12 Mar 12 @ 12:32 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)