快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: virtualdj with mac?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

i would like to know if i can work vdj with a powerbook

发表时间 Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 12:05 pm
no... its for Windows

you can always try to use an PC emulator on the mac, like VirtualPC (from Microsoft)
But no garantees it will work.

发表时间 Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 3:45 pm
mUd-VPRO InfinityMember since 2003
less than 5% of all the Personal Computer in the world are an Apple

why develope for mac ??? less than 5%

(it is my personal opinion)

发表时间 Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 4:48 pm
But to be fair to mac those 5% are mostly used by Audio/Visual creative types where programs such as logic,final cut pro,Avid,ProtoolsTD which are apple platform industry standard music and video editing tools. I Use both platforms but appriate the do it yourself expandability of PC's although the tighter compatibility of macs may make a more uniform and predictable behavour between hardware and software.

发表时间 Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 5:13 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I have Mac G5 at home and really would like to see VDJ running on Jaguar OS ;) I tryed with emulator but it didn't work.

Dj Nikki

发表时间 Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 5:55 pm
@nitebeat, I like the way you compare MAC & WIN.

Many people give MAC an unfair advantage over WIN, or UNIX over WIN. But in reality, WIN is a superior platform in that it is more versitile to deal with the fairly loose hardware structure that it must contend with. Note that this is also the reason that programs like vDJ are not perfect. Not all WIN hardware is alike.... unlike MAC and UNIX, where development knows exactly what to expect from the hardware.

3 kinds of people in this world | Those that lead - Those that follow - and Those who are hopelessly lost |

发表时间 Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 6:55 pm
sla200xPRO InfinityMember since 2005
The closest I have ever came to using a MAC is my iPOD so I do not feel I am qualified to get into a MAC vs. PC war. However, I do have a lot of friends who are MAC users and the difference between a MAC user and a PC user is quite clear: MAC users swear "by" their computer while PC users swear "at" theirs.

发表时间 Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 9:46 pm
most of the djs i have seen use a powerbok with final skratch or serato

i

发表时间 Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 10:43 pm
@sla200x, that was a funny post... hehe

But to serious for a min, you are probably right about MAC users swearing by their stuff, but again, it is for the same reasons I mentioned. The platform, as with UNIX is more stable because there is not much variation in the hardware for software development to contend with.

发表时间 Thu 14 Jul 05 @ 6:32 pm
aceno16Home userMember since 2006
tried virtual pc andd pc emulator and oher sfotware but still isnt thew same, its too sloww to mix and takes time to load up very slow no point

发表时间 Thu 27 Jul 06 @ 8:38 am
If you have intel core duo mac, it is possible. search the forum. i can use VDj on mi imac without problems.

发表时间 Thu 27 Jul 06 @ 9:49 am
Well, seeing as you've bumped a year old thread you probably don't know that VDJ 4 is being ported to mac, so hopefully that will run without issues for you when its released. But is it being ported to PPC Mac or X86?

发表时间 Thu 27 Jul 06 @ 6:09 pm
Maybe it will be universal app.

发表时间 Thu 27 Jul 06 @ 6:35 pm
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Seeing that its not released yet, i would imaging its either a universal app or intel code.
Apple isnt "producing" powerpc based systems.

发表时间 Fri 28 Jul 06 @ 3:13 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)