快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: It's time to upgrade my equipment. Suggestions?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DJ_Vet0PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi Guys,

I started DJ'ing around last year. I want to take my DJ'ing to the next level. I'm currently using the Hercules DJ RMX and It's just alright. I'm a regular DJ at my university Pub & I'm not sure if it's the speakers or my mixers, but there is always distortion from the speakers whenever I play my music.

I usually like to mix electronic music such as House & Electro and I'm not really that big on the scratching aspect. Although I was messing around with the Vestax 300 in Virgin Megastores and it seemed like a pretty cool unit.

So what are the best mixers around that are for Electronic music mostly? I also want something durable, good sound quality, and under $1000.

发表时间 Fri 24 Dec 10 @ 11:54 am
Seana23PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi babes, you didnt explaine what the disstortion sounds like but...
I've played at a few events like that and encountered a distortion like the one i expect you got and cleared it up by using a thing callled a RF Ground Loop isolater (as in the Hawkwind Track). Its about a tenner from Maplins etc. and goes between the RMX and the Amp. It cuts out feedback and that nasty hum that can happen due to our equipment not being earthed and so its trying to earth itsself down the speaker cable...
Try that 1st, dont give up on the RMX give it a go with this thing before you sell.

oh and use the Gain buttons to make sure the audio levels arnt too high. (look at the small strip lights next to the graphic eq buttons, they should be just touching the red lights.

Or...if its intermittant jumping your experiencing then shut down your wireless system and turn everything running in the background off (use a seperate programme called GameBooster to do this for you). You can check how many background operations are running by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete and look for the Task manager.

Also Check out the Hercules website for the things to do to get the RMX workin properly with your computer.I found this really useful and it worked too!!!

Hope that helps some.

Seana23
XXX

also try posting this problem on the general forum as you'l get way more advice there.

XXX

发表时间 Sat 25 Dec 10 @ 3:53 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)