快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: beginner dj looking for some input/advice

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

So I am a beginner dj...just started playing around with the stuff. I have a dell laptop I am using with virtual dj and I bought the hercules mk4 controller. I love music all types but my favorite is really hip hop/rap. This is always somethings I have wanted to know how to do for fun/recreation but never had time/money/resources to try it out.

so I understand the concept of how to mix tracks by matching the beats. I was in my basement last night and recorded just a quick like 9 minute mix to try it out of some what we call "baltimore club music". the first blend between tracks was bad but I think the rest of them went ok. now let me get some advice on this but with usually virtual dj...I first sync the tracks together before blending them...then I click play on the next track and try to get it right on with the current playing track (there are 4 squares on the top of the screen that move like a metronome...and like they are blue and red for the different tracks) so yeah I tried to hit play right at the same time to get them on the same time before fading from one song to the other. I think this is the correct way?? any insight?

so anyways enough talking here it is. don't be to harsh on me like I said this was my first try after reading a lot of things on vdj forum and stuff

http://soundcloud.com/user8228765/first_attempt

发表时间 Fri 05 Nov 10 @ 11:04 am
Trying to be constructive... the last mix at 8:20 sounded really good that flowed really nicely, you had the beats on time, mixed gently between tracks and they flowed from one track to the other... well done. In saying that the rest of the mix wasn't that great but it did have potential. I think you need to focus foremost on mixing and understanding how dance music is structured. Its always in 32 or 64 beats. the second mix you did was out by half a bar (2 beats) so the snare was playing when the bass should have been, the rest of the mixing was okay, but you need to either gently blend the tracks together or just cut it from one to another, it doesn't sound great fading quickly as you lose all the energy that your trying to build. Lastly... while miami bass/baltimore isnt my forte I liked your track selection It had an nice party vibe that you just want to dance to. And lets face it track selection is the only thing you can't learn, so stick at it. You have your sound, now you just need skills which will come with a bit of practice.

发表时间 Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 6:43 am
spinashHome userMember since 2009
Its Pretty Weeelllll and he did well..too Cuz you know there are some beginers like him who cant MIX Even a Single Beat..So all what i say That WELDONE ...Keep Rehersing and you are gonna be Pro Like...The Pros here ....

发表时间 Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 8:34 am
That wasn't to bad of a mix! I'm in the same spot as you my friend, a beginner all I get in some post is just keep on practicing and you'll get to that point of a pro. thats all I can pass on to you for now.

Steve.

发表时间 Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 12:54 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)