快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: HDJC: unprecise pitch slider-sticky buttons--HELP!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

aaandiPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The pitch slider of the Hercules DJ Console jumps over big space when i move it. Example: I want to move the pitch from 139.5 BPM to 139.6, it sometimes jumps to 139.8 or higher. I'm not able to choose the values between. Can this problem be solved???

My second problem is, that i have to press the buttons (especially the play and cue buttons) 2 or 3 times until it reacts. Can this problem be solved???

I'm getting crazy because of these problems, please help me! Thank you!

greets
Andy

发表时间 Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 12:11 pm
hello aaandi,

first may we ask you to register your VDJ (probably Console Edition) here on the forum? That way we can be sure you're not using the cracked version...tnx...

Secondly, the Hercules DJ Console (which I'm using myself) isn't the best controller around. The buttons , as you've mentioned, don't react well at all, but with a little bit of practice, you'll get used to it (press them right in the middle, that should do it). This is a known flaw of the Console, and no firmware or driver update can solve this. The best you could do is open the console and try to make the buttons mor responsive (do a search in the forum for that). Be warned however, your warranty voids if you do that....!!!!

The sliders are solid, but when you press the Sync button the BPM values will be matched between the two decks. So when you use the slider again, the software immediately take the slider position and so your BPM will change instantly, because you changed the BPM of your song with the Sync button, not with the slider itself. This is not a problem with the Console itself, either don't use the sliders, or don't use the Sync button.

Hoping to see you as a registered user soon,

发表时间 Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 12:27 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I use the Hercules DJ Console also and I have the pitch and volumes swapped. I have never noticed a problem adjusting the slider, but of course such a small jump would not be noticeable for volume I don't think. However, because I am using the volume knob for pitch, I can tell you that each click of the knob does consistently correspond to a .1 % pitch change. You might want to try swapping and see if that works out better for you. The drawback is that you have to rotate the knob quite a bit to get the pitch to change dramatically, but when I need to do that, I either use the BPM sync button or I just use the mouse anyway.

发表时间 Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 11:24 pm
SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I can only confirm that the HDJC's pitch slider are very unprecise, manual beatmatching is virtually impossible because there are sudden jumps of a few bpm's if the slider is moved only a little amount.
My method to beatmatch is that i get the bpm's roughly near the value i want them to have with the HDJC slider and then i do final corrections on screen with the software.

Secondly VDJ only offers a 0.1 pitch resolution, which for keeping tracks in synch over a longer time is a real pain in the ass ! For example a CDJ800 offers a 0.5% pitch resolution, whereas a CDJ1000 MKII even gives you a 0.2% pitch resolution !!

Maybe in one of the next updates of VDJ the development team can hopefully fix this.

发表时间 Wed 15 Jun 05 @ 9:26 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Sharan VDJ does offer more than 0.1 % pitch resolution, it just doesn't display the second decimal on skins, neither in percentage neither in bpm (that is why the good ear comes in handy). If you make a keyboard shortcut with value +/- 1, you'll have ~ 0.02% pitch resolution, which is aproximately 0.02 BPM resolution.

erXon

发表时间 Wed 15 Jun 05 @ 4:57 pm
How do you want to attempt this ?

In the shortcut menu it says i can specify a value between 0 and 4096

0 = -8%, -12%, -34% (according to the pitch settings)
2048= Default pitch 0%
4096= Maximum pitch +8%, +12%, +34% (according to the pitch settings)

... or specify the step to increment or decrement the pitch:

+128 (increment pitch of 128)
-512 (decrement pitch of 512)

Then i can enter a value, which now is set to -8 for me.

Please explain how you want to adjust a 0.02% pitch there, thx!

发表时间 Wed 15 Jun 05 @ 9:28 pm
Swap volume for pitch...it solves it all

发表时间 Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 7:15 am
Thats a brilliant idea !! Why didnt i think of that before ? :)

But nevertheless i would still be interested how its possible to get a 0.02% pitch accuracy in VDJ.

发表时间 Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 9:34 am
if using 8% pitch the smallest amount is 1/2048 of 8% ....... so it's 8/2048

for 8% range it's 0,00390625 % for the one step
for 12% range it's 0,005859375 % for one step
for 33% range it's 0,01611328125 % for one step

so not exactly 0.02% :-(

the approximate values to use in shortcut + or - are
1 for 33% range, 3 for 12% range, and 5 for the 8%range

using value of 5 with 8% get's you with a 0,01953125 % accuracy that is almost you wanted :-)

-------

anyway you won't be able to set this up using hercules console because you cannot remap it's actions.
When using midi, console is not usable for all actions and
therefore I don't count with this option to remap.

发表时间 Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 12:26 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Definately usein the kob over the slider for pitch is reccomended and far more stable, also in setting adjust pitch from 34% to 8%.., this would make the slider less sensitive (in terms of bpm adjustment).

发表时间 Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 5:42 am
Sorry People. I get your ideas and agree with most, but the basic is.

The slider is an anologue device, so when you slide to any side the vdj application reacts to the same value. The BPM jumps because IT IS an anologue device.( Pure and simple) The nob is by far the best option to use becasue it uses forks to control the values. ( IF you dont know what i mean, turn the nob very slowely and you will feel it fall between the forks)

Oh, and when you use the nob and the BPM moves more than one value. This is caused by two different reasons. 1) This is still an anologue device (Anologue use approximate values, unlike digital which is either 1 / 0) and 2) When music files are decompressed, they use bit ratio, which basically means that when music is slowed down or speed up, the length of the song is broken into multiples of four. Example : you have a 4 second song which can be broken down into four beats ( One every second) and that works fine, but when you a 7 second song and try to break it into 4 beats, you end up with decimal values. So the time strecth feature basically rounds up the values so that it can be devided some how by the number 4 ( Basic 4 beats) and that is why the BPM sometimes jumps up a few values.

So if the value jumps up past the BPM of the song you are trying to mix WITH, move the BPM of the song playing, up, to match the second song.

Regards DJ MICK_c
--@--.--

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry dj_mick_c no email address is allowed from a demo user

发表时间 Sat 18 Jun 05 @ 8:41 pm
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
if u use volume knob it works fine. Click 2 times the master tempo button for have a similar tempo and then adjust it with volume knob and jogwheel.

发表时间 Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 3:54 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)