快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: American Audio VMS4 Discussions - Page: 29

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

YESIR! is a VCA fader the innofader comes with the adapters etc. the only extra thing i need to get is the special bottom plate to cover the bottom of the fader that sticks out. if you look at the bottom of your vsm4 theres a small plate with 2 screws right below where the fader is. it took me about 3 minutes to install it. i didn't even have to calibrate it.

next question is how do i set it up for timecode control with a cdj? i did what it said in the manual but its not working right. is anyone running TC with the vsm4 if so what are your settings please?

发表时间 Tue 21 Dec 10 @ 3:35 pm
[youtube]ZlI1Kd7nfKs?hl[/youtube]

for those who would like to see it in action. should have posted it here first instead of the other post in general.

发表时间 Thu 23 Dec 10 @ 11:11 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Could we have the model number and a link to buy it please?

Thanks for the video..

发表时间 Thu 23 Dec 10 @ 7:39 pm
American Audio VMS4 google it and i'm sure it will come up in plenty of stores. if not there's always Ebay.

发表时间 Thu 23 Dec 10 @ 7:58 pm
Hey friends,

Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion as to what would be a good button to map as a beat tap, I've tried the touch-pad (using shit+a tap on the pad) because I don't actually use is it for my mouse but I can't seem to get it right. Any suggestions?

Darren

发表时间 Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 2:01 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You cant map the touch pad.
In my mapper i have beat tap as TOGGLESHIFT+SHIFT where TOGGLESHIFT is another button i assigned to be a Toggle Shift not a temp one.

发表时间 Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 3:55 pm
laga02CUE userMember since 2007

发表时间 Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 11:54 pm
djsynystr wrote :
YESIR! is a VCA fader the innofader comes with the adapters etc. the only extra thing i need to get is the special bottom plate to cover the bottom of the fader that sticks out. if you look at the bottom of your vsm4 theres a small plate with 2 screws right below where the fader is. it took me about 3 minutes to install it. i didn't even have to calibrate it.

next question is how do i set it up for timecode control with a cdj? i did what it said in the manual but its not working right. is anyone running TC with the vsm4 if so what are your settings please?

Suggested that, try changing the settings as follows.

Turning 4in/4out on VMS4 . go to setting page on Virtual dj.

Box 1 timecodes.

Box 2 external mixer.

Box 3 4in/4out card. Turning Vms4 Audio MIDI DEVICE. END ( Mac osx not yet PC). I have tested with Virtual dj, Serato and traktor timecode vinyl.

Traktor Timecode Vinyl is do work very nice more than all timecode vinyl.
But to hear the sound like Faeces . ha ha ha I don't know why .

sorry my english. I'm from Thailand

发表时间 Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 12:12 am
thanks i got it running with a cdj FLAWLESSLY! no latency at all when scratching or cutting. i would like to know if it can be run in 3 channel mode. when i try to change the setup it won't allow me to make any ins to outs and vise versa.

发表时间 Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 5:58 am
cerriexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Could someone pease help me out or point me to a post with instructions on mapping the touch sliders please :O)

Many Thanks

发表时间 Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 8:26 am
djsynystr wrote :
thanks i got it running with a cdj FLAWLESSLY! no latency at all when scratching or cutting. i would like to know if it can be run in 3 channel mode. when i try to change the setup it won't allow me to make any ins to outs and vise versa.

2 in /8 out not support timecode. 4 in/4 out = OK.

发表时间 Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 10:25 am

发表时间 Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 10:26 am
fer14PRO InfinityMember since 2007

发表时间 Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 10:34 am
fer14 wrote :
http://vms4dj.com/support_en.php

Contact it already but not yet accepted.

发表时间 Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 11:59 am
@cerriex
example:
"TOUCHSLIDER" action=effect active ? effect slider 2 : nothing

发表时间 Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 12:10 pm
Ive had nothing but problems since I got this thing.

I currently have the Master Output RCA Left and Right channels plugged directly into speakers I have from an old stereo that is powered by the receiver. However, I only get sound from the headphones. Nothing comes out of the speakers. What is going on?

The speakers work fine when I play a CD through them, just when I connect them to the VMS4 I get nothing.

发表时间 Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 8:49 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
xwgpx55,

I pasted this info here as general instructions for anyone experiencing problems...

Depending on your version of VDJ try the following:

Most versions will not work with hardware controllers such as Home and Pro Basic.

If you are running VDJ7 with 4 decks make sure you have the VMS4 set to 8 out - not 4 out.

In Sound Setup make sure you select advanced configuration and set up as follows:

For Mac:
Deck 1 VMS4 Audio Midi Device Output 1 & 2
Deck 2 VMS4 Audio Midi Device Output 3 & 4
Deck 3 VMS4 Audio Midi Device Output 5 & 6
Deck 4 VMS4 Audio Midi Device Output 7 & 8

For PC:
Deck 1 ADJ ASIO Driver Output 1 & 2
Deck 2 ADJ ASIO Driver Output 3 & 4
Deck 3 ADJ ASIO Driver Output 5 & 6
Deck 4 ADJ ASIO Driver Output 7 & 8

Make sure these lines are set to USB and not ANALOG.

Using the crossfader is not ideal when using 4 decks but you can still assign which deck you want to control with the line select switches in front of the unit.

Some users feel that using the decks as follows is easier: 3, 1, 2, 4

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you are running VDJ7 with 2 decks make sure you have the VMS4 set to 4 out - not 8 out. Also, line select should be line 2 for channel 2 and line 3 for channel 3. Make sure these lines are set to USB and not ANALOG.

In Sound Setup select the VMS4 as your Sound Card for Mac and PC.

More information at the American Audio VMS4 Discussions

Hope this helps. Let us know if it worked for you.

发表时间 Fri 31 Dec 10 @ 7:27 am
silly question but when you plugged your speakers powered by your stereo into the vms4 did you still have them plugged into the stereo amp or straight into the vms4? if the speakers aren't powered you wouldn't get any sound from them that way.

发表时间 Fri 31 Dec 10 @ 8:28 am
Well, there's two wires coming from the speakers.

There is an RCA line, and a wire with a power and ground. I connected the power and ground wires both to the receiver, and put the RCA cables into the VMS4.

And, keep in mind I am using the LE version so I'm not allowed to go into any options.

发表时间 Fri 31 Dec 10 @ 8:40 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I forgot to mention what synystr said. The speakers need to be amped in order for them to work. Unless they are powered speakers, you can't connect the output of the vms4 directly into the speakers.

发表时间 Sat 01 Jan 11 @ 9:32 am
84%