快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Audio Issue

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I am running 5.2.1 and primarily using MP4 video, encoded w/ the h264 codec and high quality audio. I am also running a Maya44 sound card.

So here's my issue:
If I open up an MP3 file in Virtual DJ and run it through the M44, the audio is heavily compressed. I can tell this because if I just choose the Maya44 as the default sound card in windows and open up a file in VLC, the audio sounds MUCH better. The highs/mids/lows just sound pretty mediocre when it run it through Virtual DJ. Is there a way to solve this? I've tried mucking around with the codec settings (I've chosen the QT audio decoder, MP3 decoder and even the WMA decoder) and none of them seem to make the sound right. To put it simply enough:

When I open up an MP3 in VLC or any other software, I'll put the gain on my mixer at noon and I'll already be close to touching the red on the levels. It also sounds MUCH MUCH better. When I open up that same file in VDJ, it sounds much worse. I've done everything to try to fix this in the Performance settings, but nothing seems to help there (going up to Best Quality and everything). Nothing seems to work properly.

Can anyone help me?

发表时间 Sat 13 Mar 10 @ 3:24 am
PMDJ JTHome userMember since 2010
I too am very interested to see what answers / solutions are offered for this post. I ran the VDJ trial for the first time this weekend to see how it would perform in a live setting. From a program stand point I’m sold and was extremely impressed. It performed flawless! Sound quality however left a lot to be desired which left me rather confused.

Like the original poster (btw,love the name) I fished around and tried different presets / settings. My MP3 files sounded very flat and compressed compared to how they sound using my old PCDJ set-up or through the stock Windows Media Player for that matter. Volumes were comparable but the differance in overall sound quality was very noticeable. I run a decent sized pa system crossed with subs and some nice “toys” to make it really sing. Still ran VDJ because I wanted to really give it a thorough test run. Other than getting the files to sound better it passed with flying colors! FYI…running VDJ 6.06 trial, Windows XP SP2 with a Gigaport AG.

发表时间 Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 9:12 am
For the record, I can't seem to get an answer that sufficiently fits. It seems like the ASIO drivers themselves are the issue, but I'm just not sure about that. I've tried three different sound cards (Trim, Maya, SL1) and they all have the same problem. Meanwhile, when running the SL1 & Serato Scratch Live, the problem isn't there. The problem seems to be the audio decoder that VDJ is using - unfortunately it also seems that you can't use LAME or any other decoders in its place.

发表时间 Fri 19 Mar 10 @ 3:47 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)